meal recommendations for San Angel

Sandy55

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We have reservations at the San Angel Inn as part of the Candlelight processional package. It was the only restaurant available on the day we needed. We're pretty adventurous when it comes to food, but in looking at the new dinner menu I have to admit I was really unfamiliar with a lot of the meals and their ingredients. Has anyone eaten there recently who could give some meal recommendations (good or bad)? Thanks!

Let me know if there is anything on the menu you are interested in and maybe i can help you, I am mexican-american and know quite a bit about our food. Feel free to P.M me

Thanks. I guess the spices are what I am most unfamiliar with and trying to help four children (three technically adults) choose meals that they will like is challenging. (I pretty much love any type of food!) Specifically, can you tell me what Guajillo sauce is like? Oaxaco cheese? Pablano peppers? Chayote chilies? I have one child who loves spicy food and one who won't touch it. Thanks for the help!

DH and I had lunch there and it was very very good....I was nervous because of all the bad reviews but DH had some pork dish that he loved and I had the steak and chicken dish that was very good!

The Mahi-Mahi is really good. It was better though, when served with the chipotle mashed taters!

The Sopa Azteca is fabulous, as well!

The only meal I have had there I didn't like was the Chicken Mole.

We did lunch there and overall it was good. DH and I split a couple of different things. We got the steak and it came with some tortilla things with a green sauce. We didn't like the green sauce but the steak was very good. We also got the empanadas which were delicious and a side of Mexican rice, which was also very good. The rice and empanadas were not spicy. You get tortilla chips and salsa as your "bread". We'd go back based on our experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter