ME and arriving after the rest of the party

darthspud

Mouseketeer
Hi!
My friend and her 2 children are going to WDW for 2 weeks in august and I plan on going down and meeting them staying with them at old key west (shes got dvc) I will be on the reservation since we are doing the dining plan however what i need to know is can I take ME even after the rest of the party gets there? She's going on a monday and I cannot go down till saturday will this work? Will I need to take a taxi? We will be going back all on the same day

TIA :confused3

jill

The only times I used magical express I booked through a travel agent, and I gave her all of my flight information... and it was all magically :wizard: taken care of.

I'm sure going thru ME directly or thru the WDW Travel Planners you just need to let them know. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter when you plan to arrive in relation to everyone else, just that you have a ME space reserved for you on the day you're arriving.

Yes you can do this. We went the last week in April 2008. We flew into Tampa, stayed a few days with my mother and then drove to Disney from there on Monday. My DS20 and a buddy of his flew into Orlando that day. The person we rented points from made the arangements for the boys to take ME to OKW were we were staying. They called DH's cell to let us know they were on their way. Met them for lunch by the pool. They took ME back to Orlando airport and flew back to boston. We drove back to Tampa to visit with DS's parents for a few more days and then back to Boston for us also. Everything went without a hitch. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

That is great to hear thank you! I was worried that I would have to pay for a taxi and ... worst of all... haul my own luggage :lmao:

My concern wouldn't be ME it would be the cost of the dining plan. Has she booked it as a split stay (but at the same resort) such that her family may need to move rooms on the day you arrive? Or, are you going to end up paying for 5 extra nights of the dining plan?

Regarding being on the same reservation for the dining plan. As far as I know it's not a requirement. DB and DSIL joined us last year with a separate reservation, yes they had the dining plan but they were a different reservation number. We booked all the ADR's under our reservation number. We had no issues. And there was one ADR the four of us didn't make but DB and DSIL went and again, there was no problem.

Regarding being on the same reservation for the dining plan. As far as I know it's not a requirement. DB and DSIL joined us last year with a separate reservation, yes they had the dining plan but they were a different reservation number. We booked all the ADR's under our reservation number. We had no issues. And there was one ADR the four of us didn't make but DB and DSIL went and again, there was no problem.

They stayed in the same room with a different reservation number? I didn't know that was possible.

My friend will be using some of my dining credits and just paying me for what she uses.. plus we have a few 2 credit meals planned as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter