ME after ending trip elsewhere?

Adlergray

Mouseketeer
Hi All,
My SIL is planning a trip to DW. It is definitely not the trip I would have planed but she didn't want our help:confused3
We have never done this so I wanted to make sure she wasn't misinformed. But they are going to DW for 3 nights then 2 nights at there cousins house and were planning to come back and take the ME to the airport.

Can you even do that?

I don't believe that is possible. As I understand ME, you ride back has to be the day you check out or sooner.

But they are going to DW for 3 nights then 2 nights at there cousins house and were planning to come back and take the ME to the airport.
No. They can't take DME several days after they check out from their WDW resort.

But they could take DME back to the airport on their WDW check-out day, rent a car at the airport, go to their cousins for two nights, and return the car at the airport.

They could save time, however, by reserving a one-way car rental at one of the agencies on or near WDW property (with resort pick-up) and returning the car at the airport.

Some of the best promotional car rental rates don't work for one-way rentals or only work with airport rentals, so the option of using DME on their check-out might save money, although it will take more time.

But they are going to DW for 3 nights then 2 nights at there cousins house and were planning to come back and take the ME to the airport.

Well, if they are going back AND staying another night, then YES they can do it. But they'll have to be staying that other night.

In order to use DME service, you must have an active WDW resort reservation in effect. This means that if you arrive a day before your reservation begins, you can not use DME on your arrival day. It means that if your WDW reservation ends on, say a Thursday, and you head to Tampa to visit family, returning to Orlando on Sunday, you can not ride DME back to MCO. You must use DME while your reservation is in effect.
Now...if you leave WDW on a Thursday, head to the cousins house until Sat, then drive back to WDW and reserve a room at say, Pop, for Sat night, then yes, you can ride DME back to MCO on Sunday.

Hi All,
My SIL is planning a trip to DW. It is definitely not the trip I would have planed but she didn't want our help:confused3
We have never done this so I wanted to make sure she wasn't misinformed. But they are going to DW for 3 nights then 2 nights at there cousins house and were planning to come back and take the ME to the airport.

Can you even do that?

How are they getting to the cousins house and where is it?

Why can't the cousin drive them to MCO?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter