MDX question

Joe Arkansas

Mouseketeer
So, just booked a Disney trip for July 20-26. First trip since 2010. (Yay!)

Our traveling party is me, DW, DD19 and DS17. Also traveling with us will be DFIL and DMIL, on a separate reservation. I am working on setting up our accounts in MDX for all all of us. (I am also managing the accounts for DFIL and DMIL.) I have made solid progress, but I have also run into a couple of questions that I haven't been able to solve.

Here is our goal: On our trip, I want both myself and DD19 to be able to manage FPs, etc., for our party. My questions have arisen after DD19 created her own MDX account. We were able to successfully get on each others' "Friends & Family" list, but a couple of new issues have arisen:

1. DD19 is now listed under "My Other Family & Friends" instead of "We're Planning Together" on my page. Is this OK?
2. DD19 is no longer listed under "my planning party" on the "my plans" page. How do I fix this? (She IS s listed under the hotel reservation, but is NOT listed on the park tickets tab.)
3. What does "Plans Managed by Me" mean, in terms of actual park planning? How can DD19 add the other members of our party to her friends list, without the "Plans Managed By Me" switching to her account?

I hope these questions are clear. TIA for any guidance!

I’d call tech support to sort it all out. Just dial the regular WDW phone number and select “technical support.” I’m sorry I can’t help.

1) You will have to make certain that your daughters newly created MDE (this is what everyone is calling MDX now) account is listed on your reservation. That is how the website determines who is planning with you.

2) I think this ties into number one above. You may need to call Disney to get this properly sorted out so that her new MDE is correctly attached to your reservation, and has a ticket associated with it.

3) Plans managed by me simply means that the real person whom that MDE profile represents is not in control of the profile, you are controlling it.

You'll both need to go into your friends and family list and make sure that your daughter and you both have each other selected to share "all my plans" vs "only our shared plans" (and your photopass if you're using that) and that should help with only certain things showing up.

To add your DFIL and DMIL your daughter will probably need to find them under "add a Guest" and then "find through my connected Guests" and she should be able to add them that way (that's how I added my parents who are managed by my sister). This won't give her control of their profiles (they'll still be managed by you) but will allow her to book fastpasses for everyone.

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter