MDE Friends & Family - adult children

Sarabi's Cubs

DIS Veteran
My kids are growing up. When we went to Disney when they were younger, everyone was on my MDE account. Now that they are in college, they want their own MDE accounts. I have tried several times to invite them to share plans through MDE but when they try to respond to the invite, it just gives them an error. Same problem with my sister in law and her family. Last time we went, they were newbies and wanted me to just plan everything. Now, they want their own accounts but we're having the same problem. We're all travelling together in December. How the heck do I get everyone linked up and will I be able to delete the old ones from my account so there aren't duplicates? Or should I just keep everyone on my account for fear of things getting all messed up when we try to make fastpasses?

Laurie

This just happened to us before our recent trip.

The error happens when you send an invite to someone who you have already planned things for.

In 2016, I booked for everyone and no one was linked to me.

Shortly before our latest trip earlier this month, 2 in our group decided they wanted to have their own accounts and be linked (instead of just logging into mine to see stuff, which we did previously.)

I had to call. This is my understanding of what the tech support guy had to do. He had to manually link us together and then manually merge the plans (so that there wouldn't be duplicates.) I sat on the phone with him for an hour and a half while he manually removed the 2 people I had created from everything and added the 2 real accounts to everything - room reservations, dining, FP, park tickets, etc. He had to do this one by one and it took forever (plus he didn't want to mess anything up.)

Long story short, I am making sure anyone who wants to link does so before I book anything next time. I would keep everything the way it is this time and then make sure everyone is linked next time before plans are made. The manual merge that tech support did was a huge pain.

Last edited:
Oh wow! That is good to know. Makes sense they got an error then since our hotel and dining is already booked. I will keep it as is for now rather than risking getting it all messed up. Which number did you call to get it fixed just in case my SIL insists? Thanks!

Laurie

My sister gave me the phone number that came up with the message that showed up when she tried to accept.

Try sending one of your kids an invite again and then there should be a number on the error message. :)

Have a wonderful trip!!!!

I had to call recently so that they could straighten out my account also. My son is going to the University of Tampa and needed to have his own account so that he could make FP's for him and his friends when they go on day trips, but when we linked so that he could use his AP he showed up as a duplicate. IT had to fix everything so that our plans together and his AP wouldn't get messed up.

I was just wondering how to split off my college age "kid". I have hotel and dining planned for both of us. Sounds like I need to make a call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter