MDE Credit Card Issues

terri33inne

DIS Veteran
We have a trip coming up next month, and I have spent over 4 hours on the phone with MDE support this weekend, and the issue is still unresolved. Reaching out here to see if anyone else is having an issue with credit cards going through?

I have been trying to pre-purchase our magic bands linked to our resort reservation, and no matter what card I try to use I get an error message "We are unable to process your card. Please use a different card to continue." have spoken with the banks involved, and they are not even getting the transaction presented to them by Disney. I am also unable to save a credit card to use for purchases at the hotel.

My call with IT this morning said it's a known issue they are working on.

Does anyone know if I can order our MB's over the phone so I don't miss our window for ordering? All the CM's have been very nice, but this has been so frustrating.

To top it off they changed my email on my Disney+ account to t**************s@12yahoo.com. I just had to call them to fix that which can take up to 2 days. They also changed the people on my hotel reservation to 2 people on my friends & family list who aren't going.

I’ve not had a problem with linking a credit card. Are you in the US? I may recall reading about some issues with Canadian addresses

I was going to question the Disney+ issue. Are you the MDE and the + account holder? If you maintain both I was under the impression they were the same email accounts/login. I know mine is. Is that the change it made?

Check the address in your profile and make sure the zip code matches the billing address for the credit card. That gets me on occasion since my billing address is usually my PO BOX and I always enter the wrong zip code.

Yes, I am in the US. I am the account holder on MDE, and Disney+, and they are the same log-in. In my 2 hour call with IT yesterday they said they deleted my entire profile, and rebuilt it. My assumption is when they re-entered the email for Disney+ they mis-keyed the 12 in front of the yahoo.

Check the address in your profile and make sure the zip code matches the billing address for the credit card. That gets me on occasion since my billing address is usually my PO BOX and I always enter the wrong zip code.
Yes, I have verified all of that information, as well as with the banks they cards are attached to. I had a similar issue last week on ShopDisney when I tried to purchase gift cards. I thought it was a weird fluke so I just bought the gift cards at Target instead (saved 5%), but now I believe it's all tied together. The irony is that I'm trying to use a Disney Visa card. Although at this point I'd use any card that will work.

@terri33inne

I don't belive you can order MBs over the phone from Disney only the App or using the MDE tab on the web site.

Are you trying to use the MDE app on your smartphone and have you also tried by using the web interface as an alternative?

And the usual disclaimer do you have the latest version of the app for your smartphone?

Note: the iPhone app was updated on July 20th (last Wednesday).

Dave

We have a trip coming up next month, and I have spent over 4 hours on the phone with MDE support this weekend, and the issue is still unresolved. Reaching out here to see if anyone else is having an issue with credit cards going through?

I have been trying to pre-purchase our magic bands linked to our resort reservation, and no matter what card I try to use I get an error message "We are unable to process your card. Please use a different card to continue." have spoken with the banks involved, and they are not even getting the transaction presented to them by Disney. I am also unable to save a credit card to use for purchases at the hotel.

My call with IT this morning said it's a known issue they are working on.

Does anyone know if I can order our MB's over the phone so I don't miss our window for ordering? All the CM's have been very nice, but this has been so frustrating.

To top it off they changed my email on my Disney+ account to t**************s@12yahoo.com. I just had to call them to fix that which can take up to 2 days. They also changed the people on my hotel reservation to 2 people on my friends & family list who aren't going.
I was having similar problems this morning using Microsoft Edge as a browser. I was trying to guarantee ADRs and it just wouldn't work.

I switched to Chrome and it cleared up.

Might be coincidence, but who knows.

Have you tried using a different browser or a different device altogether? Or try or using chrome and going incognito and then manually signing in? There might be something going on with your own device that is preventing the transaction?

Thank you all for all the advice & replies. I have tried multiple web browsers, 2 different networks, cleared my cache & cookies, and deleted & reinstalled the MDE app on my phone. Same issue on every option. My niece who is over 18 and also on my reservation can't do it from her log-in either. Same issue once she gets to the payment screen.

I may just try to call them & order over the phone. Worst they can say is no.

Thank you all for all the advice & replies. I have tried multiple web browsers, 2 different networks, cleared my cache & cookies, and deleted & reinstalled the MDE app on my phone. Same issue on every option. My niece who is over 18 and also on my reservation can't do it from her log-in either. Same issue once she gets to the payment screen.

I may just try to call them & order over the phone. Worst they can say is no.
Hello! This is an older post but I have this same exact issue across all my Disney platforms. Did you get this resolved? I havnt been able to mobile order at Disneyland for over a year now. We’re planning a trip to WDW and realized the issue is not just with the Disneyland app but with all of my Disney platforms. I hope to have it resolved before we go. Thank you!

Before our trip to Disney world last year I noticed issues with the app. It wouldn’t let me set up magic mobile or look at tickets and passes. The only work around we could find was to uninstall the app and reinstall it. We did it every day of our trip last March because we couldn’t purchase genie without doing it. I just looked and it’s still doing the same thing. Says sorry there was a problem connecting please try again. But if I uninstall the app then reinstall it, it works again. Have no idea what the actual answer is though.

We didn’t try doing stuff on the website. Everything was through the app.

Yes, I have verified all of that information, as well as with the banks they cards are attached to. I had a similar issue last week on ShopDisney when I tried to purchase gift cards. I thought it was a weird fluke so I just bought the gift cards at Target instead (saved 5%), but now I believe it's all tied together. The irony is that I'm trying to use a Disney Visa card. Although at this point I'd use any card that will work.
Can't you use the Disney gift cards you bought from Target to buy the MagicBands?

oops this was months ago......

Before our trip to Disney world last year I noticed issues with the app. It wouldn’t let me set up magic mobile or look at tickets and passes. The only work around we could find was to uninstall the app and reinstall it. We did it every day of our trip last March because we couldn’t purchase genie without doing it. I just looked and it’s still doing the same thing. Says sorry there was a problem connecting please try again. But if I uninstall the app then reinstall it, it works again. Have no idea what the actual answer is though.

We didn’t try doing stuff on the website. Everything was through the app.
Thanks for your reply. I can see tickets and reservations etc. but I cannot add a payment method. I get get a message saying the card cannot be verified. I've tried numerous credit cards and even a gift card and nothing will load. This is on my Disneyland app, I tried it on the MDE app and on my shop Disney account today and I got the same message. It's so frustrating, we haven't been able to mobile order for over a year now.

Do you have a VPN on your device? I have had trouble with the app functionality when the VPN on my device is active. Shut it off when using the app and that resolved the issues.

I'll just add that when I tried to do early check in, MDE wouldn't accept my credit card either despite it being the same card I had on file. I had to totally delete everything and reenter info several times. Finally it accepted it. Not sure what the issue was.

I finally got this resolved! I'll mention how in this thread just in case anyone ever runs into this problem.
So the problem was a flag on my Disney account.... I had an erroneous Disneyland ticket charge on my credit card that was disputed through the bank. Before disputing it, I sent Disney an email regarding the charge and they flagged my account and the flag was never taken off. Apparently it should be removed when the claim is settled, which it had been months ago but I never reached back out to them. I obviously had no idea that this was causing all this mess otherwise I would have. All my Disney accounts were affected (Disneyland, WDW, and Shop Disney). Also learned that this has to get cleared through payment services, just in case that helps anyone.

Thanks to those who replied!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter