MDE advice needed

Daniel MacQueen

Earning My Ears
Haven't been to WDW since about 2003 so things may have changed a tad since then...

Going back this year and trying to learn as much as I can.
I've downloaded MDE onto my phone and set up a profile for my GF and I.
Does she need to have MDE on her phone too? She doesn't have the same interest in going to Disney as me so I'm trying to make it as little faff as possible. If we can get away with just me needing to deal with all the app stuff then that would be great.

Also, what's the score with adding a UK based credit/debit card to MDE? Are there any dramas with using a UK address?

We're doing Universal as well so same questions for the Universal app.

No hassle whatsoever, I was just hit by foreign currency fees by Santander on every transaction. I went to Australia last year and put all my currency on a Post office travel card, which acts like a mastercard when using it abroad, but there are no fees to be paid, so next year I'm uploading my dollars to the card and using it for purchasing Genie+, ILL rides and mobile ordering via the app. Another alternative (if you don't already have one) is a card that's free of foreign transaction fees, it adds up when you're using it multiple times a day.

Yes, things have changed a bit in the last 20 years! Exciting to be going back though I bet!

Your GF does not need the MDE app, but it may make things easier for park tickets I think.

It’s easy to add a card to your MDE, but I would recommend getting a Currensea card (or something similar) which links to your debit card but doesn’t charge you the FX fees for every transaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter