Mco to Seaworld

katallo

DIS Veteran
We're trying to avoid I 4 traffic. Does anyone know an alternative route from MCO to Seaworld? Thanks!

exit airport to the north and get on 528 west,

exit for seaworld is International Dr, b4 you get to I-4

this is also the shortest route ..... not sure why you think you'd get on I-4 .....

Thanks. We have usually gone to Seaworld via Disney World. We've never actually left the airport to go to Seaworld. I guess that's why I assumed I 4 would be involved. I think there is one toll on 528. Is that a manned booth?

Thanks. We have usually gone to Seaworld via Disney World. We've never actually left the airport to go to Seaworld. I guess that's why I assumed I 4 would be involved. I think there is one toll on 528. Is that a manned booth?
Yes, it is. As with most, you'll exit to the right to the toll booths.

But be forewarned: there is major construction on 528 between the Turnpike & I-4. Traffic usually moves smoothly except during rush hours, but the lanes are narrow with lots of zigs and zags.

Joelkfla, thanks. I've heard about the traffic. Any alternative routes you could suggest? I guess we could try 417 but not sure that would be practical. I wish I knew more about the area, but we tend to do the MCO to WDW route.

528 is your best route.

417 would take you south of SeaWorld to Disney and you'd take 4 north to SW ... exactly what you are trying to avoid.

It is possible to pick your way thru town to SW but not really worth the effort. The construction is not THAT big of a deal. So long as you go direct airport to International Drive you will just see the one toll and there is a cash lane. If you decide to get off early (for shopping or groceries etc) be aware that the exits are now electrons only or exact change ... NOT MANNED. AND if using an older GPS device it may not reflect the most current changes to the toll booth locations. If using your phone and a map app' you should be OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter