McDonald's at Downtown Disney - Question

plummer925

DIS Veteran
Does the McDonald's at Downtown disney take the McDonald's gift certificates (giftcards)? I assume yes, but with Disney, it's not always good to assume! :rotfl2:

Thanks! :)

They would have to honor a McD's certificate, they are a real McD's. I can tell you though that I thought there prices were higher than an offsite one...

Thank you! I know what you mean about the prices! But since I'm staying onsite and not renting a car, it's the choice i have! :)

I haven't used a gift card at that McD's, but we've eaten there the last couple of trips and it's a standard McDonald's so I don't see why they wouldn't.

While their prices are slightly higher than back home, I thought they were one of the more reasonable options at Dowtown Disney. No waiting for a table and the kids are guaranteed to eat their dinner.

If you are set on using your gift certs there then it is worth going, other than that, I think you can get a better & cheaper meal at one of the food courts in the Value resorts.. even the kids meals can fill up an adult (at least they do me). Which resort are you staying at? Be sure to buy your mug & it will save you a ton on beverages... If you price out a meal @ McD's with a drink & then price out the food court.. I really think the food court comes out cheaper (with your free refills).

Don't depend on it. When we were at the McDonalds near AKL in late Oct. they did not honor the gift cards. I asked how that could be when McDonalds was a franchise but they said it was just their policy.

I used one in January so they took them then!

annsteere said:
Don't depend on it. When we were at the McDonalds near AKL in late Oct. they did not honor the gift cards. I asked how that could be when McDonalds was a franchise but they said it was just their policy.
Wow.. I think I would have written to Mcd's headquarters to ask if they are allowed to refuse a McD' gift cert. I honestly didn't think they could do that.. a coupon yes, but gift cert is something that has been paid for already (just not in that particular McD's).

What irritates me is that they don't have the regular $1.00 menu that other McDonalds have.

There are "gift cards" and there are "gift certificates". The "gift cards" have a sticker on them that says not every location accepts them. I always thought they all accepted the "gift certificates", tho'! :confused3

Thanks everyone for your replies! :)

We're planning a trip for next year or the year after and my mother always buys DH and I gift cards for Birthdays and Christmas, and I thought of asking for a $20 card to McD's to cover one of our meals - I won't do so now! :)

Gee - I wonder if I can convince her for a $50 gc for Rainforest Cafe?? lol :rotfl2:

Anyway - thanks again for the replies! I won't waste my time...or mom's money...on this since it's no guarantee...I was just hoping to pre-budget some meals! :rolleyes:

dzorn said:
:teeth: If there is a Disney store near by why not ask for Disney Dollars that way you could use them in the park.

Denise

I asked for Disney Dollars last year, but found out that her local Disney Store had closed... :guilty:

But a great idea, nonetheless! :thumbsup2

How about just a Visa or MC gift card? I've gotten them here at a local bank and they can be used anywhere that those are accepted until the balance is gone, plus they are reloadable. You could do Earl of Sandwich, yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter