• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May we never forget ~ Remembrance Day ~

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
In Flanders Fields
by Lt. Col. John McCrae, M.D. (1872-1918)
Canadian Army

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

I second mbb's comment. Thank-you. It is very nice to see that the sacrafices are not forgotten.

What a nice tribute.

My dear father was a second world war vet. Growing up he would never speak of his time in the war. He came home injured, and spent two years in Sunnybrook Hosp in Toronto after the war. I was not born yet.

My older brother was born shortly after dad went to the war, and my dad did not get to see him til he was already 3 or4 years old.

My mom moved in for those years while dad was at war/sunnybrook with her inlaws, so my grandfather ( dads father) ended up being dad to my brother, my brother and grandfather always held a special closeness because of those years.

Nov. ll, is kind of hard now with him gone,

Just thought I would add that.

Deb.

Thank you Deb, and thank you for your Father, and his costly and brave contribution.

A {{{ Hug }}} for you.

Kim :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter