MAY W.I.S.H Thread:

No big weekend plans here. I was shocked to see the scale was down this morning. It has not been a stellar week!

Twins are with mom until we meet Sunday to get them. DH and I's goal is to get as much packed of their stuff as we can! Last night I tried to find all their books. I have a couple smaller boxes to put books in. Filled one and will probably fill another. Can't really tell I've packed books! Went through Twin1's clothes so have that ready to go. Need to do that with Twin2's clothes. We're going to have scorching weather and then just warm weather so will take all cooler clothes to mom. This morning's job is to search under beds. Wish us luck!!!

I keep trying to analyze my feelings about them leaving, but it's such a jumble! Most times I'm elated to have DH and a quiet house to myself again, but then I am so worried about the rest of their lives. I really need to stop borrowing trouble and just be in the moment. ommmmmm

We didn't know Mom was taking them this weekend so I went grocery shopping. Now I believe I will be making some freezer meals since I have lots of produce to use!!!

No big weekend plans here. I was shocked to see the scale was down this morning. It has not been a stellar week!

Twins are with mom until we meet Sunday to get them. DH and I's goal is to get as much packed of their stuff as we can! Last night I tried to find all their books. I have a couple smaller boxes to put books in. Filled one and will probably fill another. Can't really tell I've packed books! Went through Twin1's clothes so have that ready to go. Need to do that with Twin2's clothes. We're going to have scorching weather and then just warm weather so will take all cooler clothes to mom. This morning's job is to search under beds. Wish us luck!!!

I keep trying to analyze my feelings about them leaving, but it's such a jumble! Most times I'm elated to have DH and a quiet house to myself again, but then I am so worried about the rest of their lives. I really need to stop borrowing trouble and just be in the moment. ommmmmm

We didn't know Mom was taking them this weekend so I went grocery shopping. Now I believe I will be making some freezer meals since I have lots of produce to use!!!
What a big adjustment for you and your husband-they were such a big part of your lives for so long.

Today I’ll be going to the grocery store early to pick up a few things for the week. Then I’ll prep my lunches and do my workout. So I guess that’s part of the work life balance. Then virtual church to cuddle with spirituality bear. And with recreational bear I’ll be reading this afternoon and watching Star Was Return of the Jedi tonight. We decided to watch all 3 trilogies in chronological order in preparation for our Disney trip. We leave Friday!!!!

Work-Life Balance Bear. Finishing up the school year has me planning for next year hoping to be closer to normal. Lots of retirements and movements within the school leaves me with only one grade partner, Mrs. R., who has been in the school for several years as the other two will be new hires. Mrs. R. almost got moved to a higher grade due to parent/student complaints. I was hoping for her move because our philosophies are opposite, and I think she shouldn't work with children, especially "littles". Anyway, the principal gave her another chance, so she will be around. One of the new hires is subbing for the Mrs. R. now while she is on leave. This new hire comes from a developmentally appropriate background just like me, and we would like to bring kindergarten back to a more child-centered teaching model. This kept me up one night until 2:30am giving me only 3 hours sleep that night. Somehow, I have to find a way to put the school day behind me when I get home from school so that I can sleep. Problem is that teachers tend to bring their work home with them, and that is me.

This morning I woke up to 48 degrees. We refused to put the heat back on, so the house was 59. I have a space heater going, and I had to dig out an extra quilt last night and my winter nightgown and robe. This does NOT feel like Memorial Day Weekend! The pool is open and ready, but it's NOT happening anytime soon.

Work-Life Balance Bear. Finishing up the school year has me planning for next year hoping to be closer to normal. Lots of retirements and movements within the school leaves me with only one grade partner, Mrs. R., who has been in the school for several years as the other two will be new hires. Mrs. R. almost got moved to a higher grade due to parent/student complaints. I was hoping for her move because our philosophies are opposite, and I think she shouldn't work with children, especially "littles". Anyway, the principal gave her another chance, so she will be around. One of the new hires is subbing for the Mrs. R. now while she is on leave. This new hire comes from a developmentally appropriate background just like me, and we would like to bring kindergarten back to a more child-centered teaching model. This kept me up one night until 2:30am giving me only 3 hours sleep that night. Somehow, I have to find a way to put the school day behind me when I get home from school so that I can sleep. Problem is that teachers tend to bring their work home with them, and that is me.

This morning I woke up to 48 degrees. We refused to put the heat back on, so the house was 59. I have a space heater going, and I had to dig out an extra quilt last night and my winter nightgown and robe. This does NOT feel like Memorial Day Weekend! The pool is open and ready, but it's NOT happening anytime soon.
My daughter’s 1st grade teacher was not good with small children (she previously taught 5th grade). To this day I regret not asking to have her placed in another class. It’s hard not let these things come home with you.

My daughter’s 1st grade teacher was not good with small children (she previously taught 5th grade). To this day I regret not asking to have her placed in another class. It’s hard not let these things come home with you.
That is such a shame especially since 1st grade is such an important grade.

My 1st grade teacher was
horrible. I went to private school until 5th grade, and this 1st grade teacher got away with a lot of abuse that a public school teacher never would have. She was a mean screamer who used to slap children's hands with a wooden ruler. Luckily I was a good girl or I would have been abused even more than I was. DD's 1st grade teacher was a hot mess. I had to teach her how to read myself. The other families had to hire tutors and send their kids to summer school or keep them back. The teacher totally got away with it too.

Sorry to hear about the school troubles!

Answering my own question -
I started off today with Animal Companionship Bear (thanks to the insistence of my cat, who was chilly and wanted cuddles!)
Then I moved on to Social Connection Bear - DH and went out for lunch to celebrate MA reopening. (We are both fully vaccinated.) The pub looked like normal times, and while I am still completely for masks at businesses that are more comfortable that way, it was nice to see people's smiles.

Wrapping up May, it was yet another month of learning and forward movement, but not accomplishing the healthy living goals I set out for myself. I'll give it another go in June.

Friday my pink gingham sheets, that I didn't need, arrived and I love them. I've been sleeping happy in them, and want to put many pink things in my bedroom. Bonus points for me for shopping my house first and finding pink things to move around. Friday evening I got a massage and she did cupping as well. It has really helped but also aggravated a spot in my middle back that's been bothering me for over a week. I think it is a good aggravate and what she did will help it to heal, but man, a wrong move and ouch!

Yesterday I started the day out strong with a trip to Goodwill to drop stuff off. Since I was in a junking mood I decided to go in and did find a vase... an IKEA vase that I used to have but broke so that was a good find. Next I headed down to the antique mall that is closest and really enjoyed walking thru seeing everything. I found several pictures and a whitestone creamer/pitcher that was just what I was thinking of. Next was lunch at the pub, then down to the beach to check out the super low tide we've been having.

This morning I did the country loop drive, stopping at the nursery to get a couple pots, then going over to Home Goods. I got a couple things that have been on my list for a while and a couple things that are my shopping kryptonite... throw pillows and a throw for the sofa, both go-to's when I just want something new. And both things that I just donated multiples of because I had so many... ooopppsss.

Tomorrow it will be lawn mowing and I think I'll go look for shoes to wear when I'm on-site for go-live, as the ones I ordered online aren't quite right. I have another trip coming up late June to our facility in Iowa, where I'll need the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!