May/June 2024 Split Stay

Jack Kerouac

DIS Veteran
My wife and I are taking our boys (currently 8,5, and 3) for our first DVC stay in August. We are staying for 7 nights at PVB in a LV studio and then we head to AKV-K for two nights in a 1BR Savanna View. The 23-24 school calendar for our boys was just released and so we are planning to go in late May and into early June of 2024. In my initial planning stage, I am leaning towards a split stay between PVB LV (5 or 6 nights) and a resort other than AKV-K or OKW with 1BR or 2BR (2 or 3 nights). I am eliminating those at this stage just because we will have stayed at them before. They may very well become options again once we get further down the road. What some realistic options are for booking a resort with 1BR (that sleeps five) or 2BR at the 7 month window for late May or early June? TIA.

Beach club, should have availability end of may for 1br. Sleeps 5 but only has actual bed space for 4, but loads of people bring a little air mattress for a kid to sleep on and make it work. You cant beat its location for Epcot and HS days.

Coincidentally we are going same timeframe next year, our spring back got moved back a week to 2nd full week of march which is super busy compared to the week before that it was. Hoping last week of May even with the holiday in there isnt too bad.

Late May-early June is not generally a hard to get time of year for DVC, so you should have a nice selection to choose from. Especially if you'll consider 1BR or 2BR. The recent points reallocations moved that period into the third-cheapest time of year, but I don't think it has changed booking patterns all that much. As above, BCV 2BR dedicated might work for you (points charts not too expensive, being a 2042 resort), and the kids could be in the studio side with no door to the outside hallway. BWV P/G view would also probably be available, but with the 1BR having the same need for an air mattress for one child and there being no dedicated 2BR (so the kids would have their own kitchenette as well as a door to the hallway), BWV to me wouldn't be as desirable as BCV. And then there's always SSR - great pools, close to DS, and the 1BR has beds for 5.

Late May-early June is not generally a hard to get time of year for DVC, so you should have a nice selection to choose from. Especially if you'll consider 1BR or 2BR. The recent points reallocations moved that period into the third-cheapest time of year, but I don't think it has changed booking patterns all that much. As above, BCV 2BR dedicated might work for you (points charts not too expensive, being a 2042 resort), and the kids could be in the studio side with no door to the outside hallway. BWV P/G view would also probably be available, but with the 1BR having the same need for an air mattress for one child and there being no dedicated 2BR (so the kids would have their own kitchenette as well as a door to the hallway), BWV to me wouldn't be as desirable as BCV. And then there's always SSR - great pools, close to DS, and the 1BR has beds for 5.
Due to an episode on a vacation last year, we will not be doing a lock-off with my oldest. We are doing seven days in parks in August, so my thought is to maybe dial it back a little on the second trip and have maybe have two resort days, one at PVB and another at the second resort. BCV would be great for that with SAB.

Last edited:
I know you're looking to do something other than AKL-K, but with 5 of you, the sleeper chair and the extra bathroom in the 1BR are really nice to have!
The chair would be better than an air mattress (knowing my boys, they'd probably end up fighting each other to sleep on it). And a second bathroom would be ideal. Being new to DVC and with plans to visit annually, we know our resort tastes will probably change as the boys get older. I do have a feeling they will want to stay at AKV-K again after our trip in August.

Last edited:
I know you're looking to do something other than AKL-K, but with 5 of you, the sleeper chair and the extra bathroom in the 1BR are really nice to have!
To clarify....the extra bathroom is only at Kidani, not at Jambo. There were only two of us in December but we loved having separate spaces to get ready in the morning.

Disregard....I see the "-K" at the end now, so you already clarified it was Kidani, my bad eyes just missed it.

Any 1BR you want. I bet you can get beach club. The normal exceptions: BLT value, BW view and standard, sometimes BLT lake view can be tight, and AKL club/value, always impossible.

2BR is tougher to predict, but you will be able to get something, especially if AK will work for you.

1BR BLT theme park would really be cool, and that should be an easy get because it's so point heavy. But... Stormalong Bay.

Any 1BR you want. I bet you can get beach club. The normal exceptions: BLT value, BW view and standard, sometimes BLT lake view can be tight, and AKL club/value, always impossible.

2BR is tougher to predict, but you will be able to get something, especially if AK will work for you.

1BR BLT theme park would really be cool, and that should be an easy get because it's so point heavy. But... Stormalong Bay.
I agree. My boys will choose SAB over theme park view at BLT any day of the week. Once they get older, maybe theme park view will be more for my wife and me. And having just stayed in a LV at PVB, my guess is my wife will also vote BCV over BLT. I'm now leaning towards BCV for our 2024 trip because I know the boys will love SAB and it might allow us to purchase one less day at the parks.

In a prior thread about my August trip, you actually talked me into BCV for August, but my wife vetoed the waitlist idea; she wanted a sure thing for our first DVC trip and AKV-K was available. We also knew we wanted to experience AKV-K Savanna View sooner than later.

We are shooting for BWV for our 2nd half of our split stay 5/29-6/1 2024, so if we end up in the same area we should try and say hey since we're basically mirror families.

We have 3 girls, will be 9 4 3 when we are there :)

We are shooting for BWV for our 2nd half of our split stay 5/29-6/1 2024, so if we end up in the same area we should try and say hey since we're basically mirror families.

We have 3 girls, will be 9 4 3 when we are there :)
We would definitely be up for saying hi. I'm sure the boys would be up for some swimming with kiddos around their age. Plus I love seeing the sweeter side of my boys (especially my oldest) come out when they play with girls around their age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter