May have to cancel package by 30 days, what happens to fast passes?

thelegacy27

Mouseketeer
Ok I'll try to keep this short but clear.

My sister has a package booked (her, bf, and son) but not paid in full, for our May 5-10 trip. Bc of a new PTO policy, she won't know if her bf will be able to go until the end of March. If he's NOT going, she will probably cancel the package and just stay in my mom's room with my brother (rented DVC room). If this is the case,

1. Will she lose her fast passes as they would've been booked in the beginning of March?

2. Is there a way to keep the tickets from the package or would they need to be purchased separately?

3. She reserved CRT for all of us (10 total) under her name since she had the dining plan booked. If she drops the package, will we lose the reservation as well?

Thanks everyone

Not sure about tickets, but anyone can book at a Disney restaurant. You don't have to have a ticket or be staying on site. Obviously, for an in-park restaurant you'd need valid admission tickets, but you only need them to attend the meal, not to reserve it. You could even book CRT at 180 days, and enter the park on a one-day ticket purchased that morning.

Ok I'll try to keep this short but clear.

My sister has a package booked (her, bf, and son) but not paid in full, for our May 5-10 trip. Bc of a new PTO policy, she won't know if her bf will be able to go until the end of March. If he's NOT going, she will probably cancel the package and just stay in my mom's room with my brother (rented DVC room). If this is the case,

1. Will she lose her fast passes as they would've been booked in the beginning of March?

2. Is there a way to keep the tickets from the package or would they need to be purchased separately?

3. She reserved CRT for all of us (10 total) under her name since she had the dining plan booked. If she drops the package, will we lose the reservation as well?

Thanks everyone

As hiroMYhero stated, your sister should purchase separate tickets, link them to her MDE profile and then cancel the package. If she has valid ticket media linked to her MDE profile prior to canceling the package, she will not lose her FP+.

You will not lose the CRT reservation as dining reservations are not linked to resort reservation. She may want to call WDW dining, however, and let them know you will be paying OOP for the meal. She will probably need to pre-pay for CRT at that time.

The issue with CRT is not the tickets or the resort booking but the fact that it's "prepaid" with the dining plan at the moment. It's not the same as most other ADRs. OP I would have your sister call and prepay CRT with a credit card before cancelling the package.

Last edited:
FP+ will be fine as long as you purchase tickets, and link them through MDE prior to cancelling the package. ADR's have nothing to do with her package, however, I do not know if there may be an issue due to her having the dining plan now, and then cancelling it. As the previous poster said, she may need to call WDW Dining just to make sure, that reservation would normally need to be secured with a credit card, so she may need to do that in order to keep it once the dining package has been cancelled.

FP+ will be fine as long as you purchase tickets, and link them through MDE prior to cancelling the package. ADR's have nothing to do with her package, however, I do not know if there may be an issue due to her having the dining plan now, and then cancelling it. As the previous poster said, she may need to call WDW Dining just to make sure, that reservation would normally need to be secured with a credit card, so she may need to do that in order to keep it once the dining package has been cancelled.
In this case that ADR would normally need to have been paid in full at time of booking. I have a hunch the ADR will stay in place and just require payment at time of service, but I wouldn't count on it. So if the ADR is important, I'd call and ask if they need me to pay before canceling the package.

Thanks for your replies! I'm mostly concerned with CRT as this is our first visit and I have 3 girls who would LOVE that experience! I'll make sure to have my sister call before canceling anything as I would HATE to lose that reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter