May 5th 2007 Western Magic CINCO DIS MAYO!

pppiglet

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=deeppink>Don't like
Ok....I'm starting this because I didn't find another thread. I just switched from 4/21/2007 cruise to this one since they just added this week and it's our 25th anniv. week and my DH birthday week! Can't wait to go! :cool1:

Thanks for starting a thread for the May 5, 2007 Western.

I called DCL yesterday morning and changed our "phantom" resservation that we made on board last fall to this cruise. We had been hoping for an early May Western or Eastern before the Magic leaves for the Med. So glad it worked out. I will be traveling with DS who will be 18 then
party:
Susie

We'll be joining you!! Our last cruise was a 7 day Western in May 2005. I can't believe we get to go again!!! :cool1:

We are tentatively booked for this one. We were hoping this particular week would open up before the Magic went elsewhere for the summer and so glad that it has!

I'm crossing my fingers that all goes well and we'll be cruising with you all!
SO, why don't we start some introductions?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WE ARE: Melody, DH & DD
This is our 5th Disney Cruise (we've done 3 4-nighters and 1 7-nighter)
It is our daughter's 1st Disney Cruise and we'll be celebrating her 2nd birthday.

So far we're on deck 2, CAT9
We have first rotation dining.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Updated to add:
We switched to the April 14th Eastern. We went away during the same week in May this year that this cruise is scheduled for next year and it was just too difficult to get away from work at this time. I cannot do that again next year.

So BON VOYAGE everyone! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

SO, why don't we start some introductions?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm Susie and will be traveling with DS Andy. This will be our 5th DCL cruise, as we have been on three 4-night Wonder cruises and will be sailing again on May 27, 2006 on the specail Western cruise to Costa Maya with a double scoop of Castaway Cay!

Look forward to meeting all of our fellow DISers here on the board and getting to know everyone before the cruise.
:dumbo: :goofy: :figment: :simba: :stitch: :tigger: :donald:

I'm Lynn, traveling with DH, and DD's ages 5 and 9, and my parents. Our last cruise was May 2005. We are currently on Deck 2, but my Mom is thinking about upgrading to a balcony, so we'll see. (We got lucky and were upgraded to balconies last time, but I am not counting on the pixie dust hitting us twice!) :goodvibes

Hi...glad you found me! I am Debbie and it will be me, DH Jim, and DS Tyler (he will be 23 by the time we cruise). It will be our 2nd Disney Cruise. We did the West Coast last June and loved it! We had a verandah on Deck 7 last time and this time went down to a Navigators verandah to save a little money. Looks like we will be on Deck 7 again though. We also have main seating so far. Late seating last time was just too much food too late!

Since we have never been/flown anywhere before, we have decided to tag on 3 days at WDW after the cruise since we might never get back there! I have a lot of planning ahead of me!

So how soon will you all book your flights and rental cars and hotels? I really need help with my planning!

I think we'll try to stay with our Starwood points at the new Sheraton at port the night before. That I'll probably book sometime after the first of the year next year.

Flights I'm going to wait for a Southwest DING! fare, OR, if Allegient is still flying at a closer airport for us, I'll book there once those rates come out.

Can we book flights this far out? I haven't even checked. I'll be shopping for deals - Sidestep helps find them (another DIS member told me about it). Last time we stayed the night before at the Hyatt at the Orlando airport - it is super nice and very convenient - especially since our flight was delayed and we didn't even get to our room until almost 11:00 PM Florida time! (My parents booked the room and with their AAA membership we got them for $134). Florida Tours drove us to the Port (I'd do that again too). We stayed at the Radisson the day we got off the ship. It was fine, but I'd like to try Ron Jon's this time if possible. I think the thing I am most excited about this time is being able to book Palo on line - and we can avoid the "Ressie Rush" - although that wasn't even bad. It will just be a litle more relaxing not having to do it. Today I pre-ordered the 3rd edition on the PassPorter - if you have previously purchased one you get 30% off. Don't know how much is new, but it was very useful last time, and reading it will get me excited about going - it's just so far out... glad I have you guys to keep me company! :goodvibes

We are planning on staying at the Hyatt at MCO also the night before. My DH wants to rent a car to drive to the port the next morning. Afterwards I guess we will rent a car to get to WDW area. We will be staying at Wilderness Lodge and doing the parks for 3 days before we go home. Haven't figured out any flights yet...new to that!

And I got our room switched to the one next door and it was one of the reclassified cat 5's, so now we have a verandah!

Well...we booked a Navigator cat 7 to save money. Last time we had a Cat 5. There are 4 rooms that are really regular balcony/verandah rooms, but are the same price as cat 7 Navigators because one side of the balcony view is cut off by the side of the ship. These are the last rooms that start before the Navigator rooms. Sooooo what we justdid was switch from 7622 to 7620. The 4 rooms would be 7120,7620,6134,6634.
When I got 7620, 7120 was already booked. I didn't check on the other 2. They might still be available since a lot of people don't know that this week of sailing has been added.

Thanks for the info. We'll probably stick with what we've got because we have connecting rooms with my parents. But we were upgraded to a balcony last time, and boy, was that nice!!

Edited To Add:
:welcome: We can't wait to sail! :sail: Join the Roll Call by posting that you (and your cast of characters) will be joining us! Here we are so far (in order of appearance)....

UPDATE: Concensus is that we Cinco Dis Mayo Disers plan to meet on May 5th after embarkation and before the safety drill at about 3:15 pm on Deck 3 in the Promenade Lounge for a short meet and greet. Hopefully everybody will be able to make it!

pppiglet (from La Mirada, California) = Debbie + DH Jim + DS Tyler (23). Happy 25th Anniversary! :lovestruc
lunsusie (from central Florida) = Susie + DS Andy (18) = NOT GOING :(
LostGirls (from Seattle, Washington) = CAN'T GO :(
CRSNDSNY (from Pennsylvania) = CAN'T GO :(
KimberlyC (from SE Michigan - Detroit burbs) = Kim + DH Brian + DS Devin (almost 3)
The Kirks (from Florida) = Kim + DH Carl + Dstepson Carl (15) + DD Kaylin (9) AND MIL Kay, BIL Nathan, SIL Kathy, DNiece Alexis (~2), DNephew Kyle (__)
Sherrie (from Wallingford, Connecticut) = Sherrie + DH Ron + DGrandDaughter Katie (8)
Erin1998 (from Ontario, Canada) = Erin + DS_____ (8)
Married2Grumpy (from Long Island, New York) =CAN'T GO :(
kimsue68 (from southern New Jersey) = CAN'T GO :(
Babs417 (from Somerdale, New Jersey) = CAN'T GO :(
michellej2000 (from southern New Jersey) = CAN'T GO :(
GreatWhiteNorth (from Alberta, Canada) = Angie
lilo62 (from Greenwich, Connecticut) = CAN'T GO :(
OUtwinmom (from Wichita Falls, Texas) = Jennifer + DH Mike + DD Mandy (5) + DD Shannon (5)
wdwpirates (from Massachusetts) = Kerri + DH Jim
LibraryGoddess (from Lancaster, Pennsylvania) = Tricia aka Patti + DH Mark + DS Travis (21) + DS Marcus (14)
gallafamily (from Virginia) = CAN'T GO :(
MickeyD (from Washington) = Lisa + DH Doug + DS Ryan (17)
kandyk (from Auburn, Washington) = CAN'T GO :(
WillyDogs (from Chicago, Illinois) = _____
Pappy (from Leeds, UK) = Liz + DH Neil
CruiseBoundnKY (from central Kentucky) = Karen + DH Jason + DD Courtney (9) + DS Dakota (4)
lorilicapri (from Seattle area, Washington) = Heidi + DH Shane + DS Ryen (8) + DD Hailee (5)
Madisonznana (from Murietta, California) = Karen + DH Bob + DGrandDaughter Madison (5)
pacercolt (from Fort Wayne, Indiana) = _____ + DH _____ + DD _____ (15) + DD _____ (8) + DSis_____ + DBIL_____
tinker1420 (from central Florida) = Allison + DH Neil+ DD Jordan (4)
BLTOH (from Ohio) = Tracy + DH Keith + DS Jonathon (15) + DD Amber (4)
ward1 (from Deleware) = Drew + 5 adults and 4 kids
ankh01 (from The Netherlands) = Ilona + Kyra (the two DDG's - Disney Dutch Girls)
saltwater taffy (from the Catskill Mountains) = __________ + DW_______ + DBIL_______ + DSIL_________
MOMMYMOUSEOF2 (from Lakeway, Texas) = Heather + DH Jason + DS Kyle (5) + DD Kailey (2.5)
vlf32 (from Innsbruk,Austria) = Veronica + DH ________ + DS ________ (3) + extended family
mbw12 (from Southern NJ) = Bobbi +DH Marc + DS Reid (9) + DD Regan (7) + Bobbi's parents
UKANGEL(from Berkshire, England) = Mandy + DH Mark
seeboo (from Wyoming) = Zanna + DH Martin + DS Stone (7) +DD Zoie (4). Stone is turning 7 on embarakation day :bday:
BethRudy (from Quebec, Canada) = Beth + DH Steven + DD Jaycie (just shy of 10) + DS Ryan(7) + DFIL Art + DMIL Sharon + DSIL Tara + DBIL Paul +DNephew Kyle (4)
happychik912 (from Parkville, Maryland) = Sherri + DH Beau + DS Vince (12) + Isabella (4). Beau is turning 40 onboard :bday:
schulzdisneylovers (from Shreveport, Louisiana) = Jackie + DH Bill. Happy 2nd Anniversary! :lovestruc
wfma (from Boston, Massachusetts) = ________
ToniB (from Kansas City, Missouri) = Toni + DH Sam. 1st Disney Cruise.
iamdaisyduck (from ???) = Eileen + DH Tony + DS Michael (4). Michael turns 5 on 5/16. :bday:
MIKE490 (from White Lake, Michigan) = Mike + DW Sally + DGS Derek (11) + DGS Austin (8).

This will be our first DCL cruise and DS's first cruise ever. I'm Kimberly and its me, DH (Brian) and DS (Devin). DS will be 5 weeks shy of his 3rd Birthday. We are from the Detroit area (northern burbs).

PPPiglet, we'll be close to you but port side. We're in 7126. There were secret Cat 7's the day I booked (3/2/06) but I really wanted the Navigator's Verandah for the theme of it and because I know we'll never be able to have one again (we want to try to expand our family shortly after we cruise and they only hold 3).

I don't plan on doing WDW this trip. I think that's too much for my toddler. We are taking him to WDW for a long weekend this June for his 2nd b-day. But even then, we'll just spend one day at the Magic Kingdom and don't plan to visit the other parks.

We are going to fly in the day before, rent a car and drive to the port. As for flights, I have no ideas yet. I haven't even booked a flight for WDW that's 2 1/2 months from now because there are only 2 direct flights and the time I'd prefer is on Northworst Airlines whose pilots may or may not be going on strike.

PPPiglet, thanks for starting this thread. I guess our cruise is the Magic's Farewell Tour. I presume many of the CM's will be excited/anxious to get to Europe (closer to home).

Thanks for joining us KimberlyC! I was thinking the same thing about the CM's. They'll probably be happy and excited and we'll have great service! I like when people are happy.

We were the last cruise before they went through the Panama Canal last May. The CM's were excited. It was amazing the morning we left the ship, watching all of things they were loading on. But let me tell you, it was really hard getting OFF the ship, knowing where they were going. (Where to hide? Where to hide?) :goodvibes

We drove down to Long Beach for the repo cruise back to Florida last year and watched them sail away. It was so neat. Now we are debating if after our Western cruise if we stay at the port and watch them sail away to the Med. or get our rental car and get to the resorts asap!

Okay... I am a little slow...I did not see this thread and actually posted my own last night! So, disregard my post. We will be on the May 5 also. It will be me, Kimberly-30 DH, Carl-36, DD Kaylin-9 and stepson Carl-15. We will be Cat. 9 ajoining room with my MIL, Kay. My BIL, his wife and thier 2 yo DD. I can't wait.
This will be our 4th Disney cruise. We have been on the Eastern, Western and last May went on the 14 day through the Panama Canal. I like the Western the best so were going back! I just hope we get to go back to Cozumel. I heard they stopped going for awhile.
If anyone has a child about Kaylin's age(she is 8 now) and they would like a pen pal, let me know. We have tried to do this on every cruise. It's fun for her and she already knows someone when she gets there and it gives her practice writing, (but don't tell her it's actually practice at something!)
How am I ever gonna get through this year???

Kimberly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter