May 2022 Car Rental Thread (didn't see one yet)...

mom2mikel

DIS Veteran
OMG...this is insane.

So far, through Costco, I have a mini van for $880 (budget) and a full size SUV for $840 through Alamo. I usually only use Costco and either Budget or Alamo. I got desperate and pre-paid for a mini van through the place where I bought my tickets and got it for $383 thru Budget. It doesn't include the 2nd driver free nor does it all me to use my membership to skip the lines, but it's just a back up plan. (It's fully refundable).

Starting this in hopes we can all work together when we find a deal! I know rates are higher due to a lot of reasons, but I really cannot believe the rates I'm seeing so far.

Anyone having any better luck?

Last edited:
I have been sitting on a reservation I booked just after I returned last May. It is with Alamo (all my experience with them has been flawless and I hope I did not jinx myself!!) from May1 to May 11 using the Disney Passholder discount . It is a midsize for $484.00 and I have checked dozens of times since....nothing cheaper. It is almost $700 right now. It is a price I can live with but of course will check many more times between now and then.

Figured I would book now even though rates are high, I expect them to come down. Picking up at the Holiday Inn near Universal (Budget) May 14, dropping off at MCO May 20. Compact car, booked thru Costco, $458. Already down from $471. Yippee.

Adding myself here. Rates seem a bit high for early May. Hoping it starts to drop as we get closer

Following this thread too. Can't believe the prices of rental cars.... Yikes!

Nope $603 for 9 day rental standard through Costco - seriously considering just using ride share if It appears to be easy to find vehicles with booster - just me and my son turning 5 during the trip - I have a calendar reminder to check the rates every week.

Following also. We are heading back 5/11-5/22 flying into Sanford. We usually rent with Alamo but the last 2 times they were the highest. I used Hertz in May 2021 and Dollar 2021. As of now I have a full size reserved at 607.25 using an AP rate

539 through costco at Alamo for week. Standard SUV..You can get better rates from UCT if you buy your tickets through them, Which are less that direct from Disney

I was able to book an intermediate car from Budget for 5/12-5/22 for $348 through UT. Your order has to include at least one ticket, so I bought movie tickets. We always go to at least one movie while on vacation anyway. I used them last April also. You do have to prepay and wait at the counter in the airport. I find the savings well worth that. I'm done, no more checking or anxiety!!

I was able to book an intermediate car from Budget for 5/12-5/22 for $348 through UT. Your order has to include at least one ticket, so I bought movie tickets. We always go to at least one movie while on vacation anyway. I used them last April also. You do have to prepay and wait at the counter in the airport. I find the savings well worth that. I'm done, no more checking or anxiety!!
Did the exact same thing today! My $603 Budget rental through Costco went to $247 Budget rental exact same car. I agree I don't care that I locked in that rate I'm not stressed about it anymore!

When I tried to book through UT to receive the discount it said that Budget was offsite for car rental. I didn't book it as I didn't want to leave the airport to pick up the car. Did anyone else see that?

When I tried to book through UT to receive the discount it said that Budget was offsite for car rental. I didn't book it as I didn't want to leave the airport to pick up the car. Did anyone else see that?
I just looked at my email conformation at pick up and return listed at MCO - I know that budget has desks at both terminals. ETA - I added the reservation to my Budget profile and it states pick up and return at the airport.

Last edited:
Just used UT for Budget (MCO location), $300 for standard sized car for 8 days. Was just buying tickets and not planning to get a rental until I saw that. Feel relieved to have it out of the way.

Anybody have past experience with booking a car through UT. I love them for park tickets, but never did a car rental before. They have Budget at some incredibly low offers right now versus going to Budget website itself. I'm wondering when you book through them if you can bring up your reservation on Budget website and add your fast break number to the reservation so I can go straight to garage?

Anybody have past experience with booking a car through UT. I love them for park tickets, but never did a car rental before. They have Budget at some incredibly low offers right now versus going to Budget website itself. I'm wondering when you book through them if you can bring up your reservation on Budget website and add your fast break number to the reservation so I can go straight to garage?

This will be our first car rental through UT, but I can view my rental details through the Budget site after entering the confirmation number. The email from UT included the Budget confirmation number. Never used Fastbreak, but it lists that location as having it on the order confirmation page and gives instructions on where to go…I assume you can use it if you have it.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter