MAY 2020 WISH Challenge - Anything is Possible

Thankful my family and friends stayed healthy through out the crisis. I have two nieces in the health field-a nurse and a PA. The nurse was treating covid patients in a large city hospital, so we worried about her.

Thankful my husband and I made our health a priority. My mental health walks have become a habit.

Thankful my family and friends found a way to stay connected. We are continuing to get together more often in person.

Last edited:
It is official....I have canceled our Disney trip that was in August. We were waiting to see if we would get a deal but with them reopening in July we will think they will not have any for that time.
We’re canceling our August trip as well-my daughter is still considering going but my husband and I decided it was not for us this year. We have a trip booked in October I will also cancel. Although I might contact a rental company and see if we could rent it out.

We’re canceling our August trip as well-my daughter is still considering going but my husband and I decided it was not for us this year. We have a trip booked in October I will also cancel. Although I might contact a rental company and see if we could rent it out.
I haven't moved my September trip yet, but for sure will now knowing they are just opening mid-July. Not sure how long the limited experiences/hours will last, I could do without meet-n-greets and parades, but no park hopping and no late park hours would significantly change my touring style... having fewer people around is intriguing tho. It will be interesting to watch and see how things play out.

So after being in school yesterday with so many mask-less people, I'm beginning to consider FMLA if we don't return with distance learning. I know that I will have no problem getting a doctor's note after my telemed appointment a couple of weeks ago. I just don't know if I'm allowed to use my sick days...I have over 100 available. I also don't know if I can extend past the 12 weeks, which I will probably need to do. I am not planning on taking the entire school year off, in fact, during closures, I have no problem taking over with the distance learning when school closes during the 2nd wave which is inevitable. I guess I should speak with my union rep.

A colleague of mine who by all appearances is as healthy as a horse also has asthma. She has started looking for a new job. I am only 7 years away from retirement, so I really don't want to change jobs. I hope I'm not forced to do something drastic because my school district is more worried about parents having childcare than their teaching staff's and students' health and well-being.

I woke up thinking I really didn't want to do a morning walk but went out anyway... well done me. However I forgot to put my FitBit on... not so well done.

I haven't come up with what my fun/exploring thing will be for the weekend, the challenge is thinking of a drive far enough away to be seeing really different things, but not so far that I have to stop for a potty break... if at all possible. I've become pretty adept at not touching things and do have hand sanitizer so it wouldn't be too great of a risk, just would rather not have to do it.

The Governor will be holding a press conference today to talk about reopening plans. The medical examiner in my county has been saying things that make it sound like we won't be going to Phase 2 Monday, which I don't agree with. There's been a lot of push back that the larger counties will never make the current criteria so we'll see, but I'm not optimistic that I'll be getting my haircut Monday. More importantly businesses need to be able to open up and people need to be able to get back to work.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

I'm quickly popping in before my weekly faculty meeting. I have a lot of work to do this afternoon so I may not be back later.

I'm finally feeling a little more motivated to recommit to Noom.

With all of the unknowns and what I perceive as threats, I have come to the realization that the only person I can fully trust to take care of me is myself. I keep reading that being overweight is a risk factor for Covid19. Coupled with my asthma and being 55, it really scares me. Being 60 pounds overweight makes me feel hopeless because it isn't a quick fix. It's not like I can diet for a month and be normal weight. This kind of weight takes a long time to lose, so I guess I have been burying my head in the sand and thinking, "Why bother trying to lose weight when this feels like this is an insurmountable problem?"

This attitude is very much unlike me. I am normally a proactive person who gets things done. But when it comes to my weight, I just have been STUCK.

So, enough of this denial nonsense. It is time to take the bull by the horns and get on with it. I have a very strong will to live, so it is time that I act like it and stop playing the victim.

Stay safe and be well, my Friends.

I'm quickly popping in before my weekly faculty meeting. I have a lot of work to do this afternoon so I may not be back later.

With all of the unknowns and what I perceive as threats, I have come to the realization that the only person I can fully trust to take care of me is myself. I keep reading that being overweight is a risk factor for Covid19. Coupled with my asthma and being 55, it really scares me. Being 60 pounds overweight makes me feel hopeless because it isn't a quick fix. It's not like I can diet for a month and be normal weight. This kind of weight takes a long time to lose, so I guess I have been burying my head in the sand and thinking, "Why bother trying to lose weight when this feels like this is an insurmountable problem?"

This attitude is very much unlike me. I am normally a proactive person who gets things done. But when it comes to my weight, I just have been STUCK.

So, enough of this denial nonsense. It is time to take the bull by the horns and get on with it. I have a very strong will to live, so it is time that I act like it and stop playing the victim.

You can do this! I had 70lbs to lose when I started-the first 10 came off rather quickly and then I looked at it in 20lb increments. I only focused on those 20lbs. And you are already walking which I did not in the beginning. So you have established a good habit from the start.

I woke up thinking I really didn't want to do a morning walk but went out anyway... well done me. However I forgot to put my FitBit on... not so well done.

I haven't come up with what my fun/exploring thing will be for the weekend, the challenge is thinking of a drive far enough away to be seeing really different things, but not so far that I have to stop for a potty break... if at all possible. I've become pretty adept at not touching things and do have hand sanitizer so it wouldn't be too great of a risk, just would rather not have to do it.

The Governor will be holding a press conference today to talk about reopening plans. The medical examiner in my county has been saying things that make it sound like we won't be going to Phase 2 Monday, which I don't agree with. There's been a lot of push back that the larger counties will never make the current criteria so we'll see, but I'm not optimistic that I'll be getting my haircut Monday. More importantly businesses need to be able to open up and people need to be able to get back to work.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Did you have your phone with you on your walk? My phone tracks steps automatically for me.

So I spoke with my union rep today. He just got elected to the executive board, so he has some influence, and he will have the inside track as far as what the fall looks like.

He suggested intermittent FMLA if we don't go back 100% distance learning. He expects that we will be closed during flu season, so I may actually have enough sick time when combined with distance learning.

I also emailed my principal to let her know about my telemed appointment and what I am considering doing in the fall. She is on the reopening committee, so I thought that I should give her the heads-up now. Hopefully she will bring up the staff members who, like me, have underlying health conditions, which might help with the decision-making.

It feels like a bit of a load has been lifted.

Didn't find a game that seemed really engaging, so here's a question for
SOCIAL SATURDAY

What is the best meal you ever had?

Didn't find a game that seemed really engaging, so here's a question for
SOCIAL SATURDAY

What is the best meal you ever had?
That’s a tough one-so many times and good meals over the years.
One that stands out was in a restaurant overlooking the Sea of Cortez in Cabo. We ate outside and the food was fabulous-lots of seafood. Margaritas. And then a pod of whales swam by. Memorable for the food and the company (we were with my husband’s brother and sister and their spouses-we always have a great time together).

55 years of meals...narrowing down to one! I think I will have to expand that a little.

My nephew is a 5-star chef and owner of a gourmet restaurant on Long Island, NY. I can honestly say that anything my nephew prepares is the best meal I have ever had. Eating at his restaurant is a real treat, but Christmas prime rib dinner at his home wins, hands-down.
E9AB68A0-CAE8-436C-9D8D-36DA29783C89.jpeg
At WDW, California Grill and Narcoossees are my favorites, but I will narrow it down to our 25th anniversary dinner at Narcoossees. The best dessert I have ever had was that night at Narcoossees, Almond crusted cheesecake.
89B50CFD-ABF6-447C-8ACA-68E26FA72A96.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!