May 19 - 24, 2014 San Diego to Vancouver

We just booked our flight out of Seattle. Had been following it for about 3 month. Only $132.00 Seattle to San Diego. We will take quick shuttle from Vancouver to Seattle for about $50.00

My bride (Lucky Penny) just booked us on this cruise and the following Alaska cruise. We were on the first Alaska cruise last year and can't wait to return.

The train station in Anaheim is in the Stadium parking lot on Katella. About a mile and a half from DLR I think ... we took a can and it was a little under $10 plus tip, but can be higher depending on how many traffic lights you hit.

One tip is know what streets you need and the milage to take to the train station from your hotel. My BFF & I stayed at a local hotel after a night of Disneyland and the cab driver tried to go in a way different direction to try to collect more money. Lucky we knew the point A to point B direction and refused to pay him extra. They do have honest cabs, but some you have to watch for.

We just booked our flight out of Seattle. Had been following it for about 3 month. Only $132.00 Seattle to San Diego. We will take quick shuttle from Vancouver to Seattle for about $50.00

What shuttle are you using to go from Vancouver to Seattle? Wondering if it is cheaper if we fly out of Vancouver or Seattle when the cruise is over.

We are using Quick Shuttle. They make multiple trips everyday. Flying is really quick but isn't cheap. There is also the Amtrack option.

My bride (Lucky Penny) just booked us on this cruise and the following Alaska cruise. We were on the first Alaska cruise last year and can't wait to return.

Welcome, Welcome, yay, more folks from this side of the world :cheer2: I will get you added to the roster on the front page. Mayybe you will have some tips to share with us first time Alaska sailors.

Thank you. The Alaska cruise was our 6th cruise and probably the most memorable. The scenery is amazing. We had wonderful table mates and a great wait staff. We did the Yukon Expedition (bus up, train back) in Skagway, and the Tatoosh Island Kayaking in Ketchican. We had intended to do the helicopter rider/walk on a glacier excursion, but the weather grounded everything so we went up to the Cove Cafe, had some tea and read our books, had some lunch and then watched Iron Man 3 in the Buena Vista theater. We did not get to spend any time in the towns and we hope to do more of that this time.

Very beautiful country; lots of snow covered mountains and waterfalls. They have Pixar night on the Alaska cruse, no fireworks. The amazing thing about the Alaska cruise is that there is almost always something to look at; you are mostly not out in the middle of the ocean, but inside passages. We loved it which is why we are going back again. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

We are using Quick Shuttle. They make multiple trips everyday. Flying is really quick but isn't cheap. There is also the Amtrack option.

I hadn't heard of Quick Shuttle. I am looking at it now and children under five are free. Do you know how long the ride is from Vancouver to Seattle?

Thank you. We are suckers for character breakfasts.

We have never done a B2B before. If anyone here has, can you tell us how it works? Do we have to debark the ship? If so, do we just hang out in the terminal until re-boarding starts?

Thank you. We are suckers for character breakfasts.

We have never done a B2B before. If anyone here has, can you tell us how it works? Do we have to debark the ship? If so, do we just hang out in the terminal until re-boarding starts?

We have done a B2b, but it was in the US, this will be done in Canada, so it will be a little different.

Our experience in the US was that we received a letter two nights before we were docking telling us what time to get off and what procedure to follow. We were last to get off, went down the escalator, went right back up the escalator into an empty terminal and checked in again. They close out your account from the first sailing, you pay all your tips, settle your account, etc. at the end of the first cruise, just as if you were leaving for good.

Checked back in, got new room keys, new lanyards and then waited in the concierge area until they let us reboard (which was before they let people into the terminal). The pools were open, Cove Cafe was open, we could go to our cabin, until other people started boarding and at that point we could no longer go back and forth--then it was either stay in the cabin or stay out in the common areas.

In Vancouver, I understand you have to go thru customs and then reboarding is a little different, or you can do some siteseeing in Vancouver and come back and board with the masses. I understand that doing a B2B in Vancouver is not as efficient as doing one at Port Canaveral, so I guess we will all see how it is handled. :confused3

If you have the same cabin on both sailings, you will leave everything in your cabin. If not the same cabin, you pack up and the cabin stewards will move your things to your new cabin. You would only need to take the documentation you need to get back on the ship and any personal belongings you don't wish to leave in the cabin, handbags, cameras, etc.

Looks like we have decided on doing a BtoB this May. We really enjoyed our Panama Cruise last May and are looking forward to doing Alaska this trip. San Diego is close enough to home so we don't have to fly. We are Elaine-grandma; Heather - Mommy and of course Jackson who will be almost 5. This will be our 4th and 5th cruise and our third on the Wonder. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Looks like we have decided on doing a BtoB this May. We really enjoyed our Panama Cruise last May and are looking forward to doing Alaska this trip. San Diego is close enough to home so we don't have to fly. We are Elaine-grandma; Heather - Mommy and of course Jackson who will be almost 5. This will be our 4th and 5th cruise and our third on the Wonder. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome aboard. I think this now makes 7 cabins doing the San Diego - Alaska B2B. It will be interesting to see what everyone decides to do with their time in Vancouver.

I am jealous of your Panama Canal cruise. One day I will be able to convince DH to take enough time off work to do one.

We have done a B2b, but it was in the US, this will be done in Canada, so it will be a little different.

In Vancouver, I understand you have to go thru customs and then reboarding is a little different, or you can do some siteseeing in Vancouver and come back and board with the masses. I understand that doing a B2B in Vancouver is not as efficient as doing one at Port Canaveral, so I guess we will all see how it is handled. :confused3

Thanks for the information. I suspect you are right about Vancouver.

Before our last Alaska cruise, we spent a day in Vancouver. We walked over to Stanley Park and visited the aquarium there, saw the totem poles. The pier at Canada Place has some historical information about Canada and I believe there is a new attraction that should be open by then. From what I have read, it sounded a bit like Soaring.

We really loved the Panama Cruise. It really was much more than we expected.
I'm super jealous, too ... that cruise is on my vacation bucket list.

Unfortunately DH says it doesn't sound that cool, so I'd probably have to find a girlfriend to go with, and none of my close Disney crazy friends will be able to abandon their kids for 2 weeks for the next dozen years or so ...

I guess the good news is the Panama Canal widening will be complete by then! :lmao:

Other things on my vacation bucket list are something like the Adventures by Disney Costa Rica, a Greece/Turkey/Egypt cruise, and one of these years I will get around to Australia (probably when DS6 is a teenager).

I'm super jealous, too ... that cruise is on my vacation bucket list.

Unfortunately DH says it doesn't sound that cool, so I'd probably have to find a girlfriend to go with, and none of my close Disney crazy friends will be able to abandon their kids for 2 weeks for the next dozen years or so ...

I guess the good news is the Panama Canal widening will be complete by then! :lmao:

Other things on my vacation bucket list are something like the Adventures by Disney Costa Rica, a Greece/Turkey/Egypt cruise, and one of these years I will get around to Australia (probably when DS6 is a teenager).

taaren, our travel bucket lists are so similar--Panama Canal sailing, ABD trip, Australia and I will add Europe in some shape or form-by land or by sailing. But I am much older than you and have less time to get these things crossed off the list.

taaren, our travel bucket lists are so similar--Panama Canal sailing, ABD trip, Australia and I will add Europe in some shape or form-by land or by sailing. But I am much older than you and have less time to get these things crossed off the list.
I've been fortunate and got to do a lot of travelling when I was young. My parents worked for a large hotel chain and a major airline carrier when I was growing up, so we travelled more than most kids, and I got to keep using the flight privileges well into my 20's (still have 'em now, just my own child doesn't so its harder). I've done Europe every couple of years, and I highly recommend going in a way that is off-the-beaten track ... my best trips there were when we signed up for a week-long horseback riding adventure, or a vacation cooking class. Then we just added a few days on either end to hit the big sights, museums and so forth. I've actually already done Greece and Turkey, I just want to go back and also see the pyramids while I'm there (also would love to see the Alexandria library).

Hopefully now that we have our house and are getting settled into our careers, we'll be able to start doing some serious non-timeshare travel again in a few years (my DH hasn't really done any). Much as the kids love the familiar (and I enjoy it too!), I'd like to start crossing some of those off the list when DS6 gets to his pre-teen and teenage years. Maybe by then DCL will even be doing some more exotic locales!

I love the ships/service, and this itinerary is fantastic for us since its close and there's a lot of sea days at a great price, but have no desire to see the Caribbean and was underwhelmed by Castaway Cay (Maui is nicer, IMHO, and I lived there for half my life). I can't see getting past Gold Castaway Club membership if they don't start finding a way to successfully run some different itineraries.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter