MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea Jo the Hoff lived at my parents condo complex for about 8 years during his "Knight Rider" gig. Fortunately, they didn't have the annoying paparazzi running around the place like they do nowadays.

Dean was nice, we talked about The Ramones (remember he wears a Ramones tshirt in the series). He was friends with Johnny Ramone and their families. Here is some info on his product, Chill Pak: http://www.podtech.net/home/2265/chill-out-with-geek-chics-chill-pak

That is funny/cute that your son has a crush on AT. One of my son's friends had a crush on Hillary Duff - but I doubt she would ever date him...his nickname was 'Lump.' LOLOL

Has your husband run into any celebs out here yet?

Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

I am pushing the warm weather and sunshine your way!

ohhh- very nice start, RF!!! I can't believe you ate at TGIFridays too!!! what the heck??!!:goodvibes

I can't wait to hear the rest. I'm ready now for it, but going to bed so I can be up ready to read bright and early in the morning.

Hope tomorrow's a better day for you-- the MAYers heart ya. :hug: :snooty: :hug:

Jo

Thanks for the warm weather Sea- I'm hoping it will come quickly. I can't believe i am still running my heat!?!

That's a cool nifty thingy Dean's got going there. Really good idea.

Have a nice night MAYers. Off to dreamland!:goodvibes

:snooty:

jo

Great start on the TR rusa!

TGIFridays for breakfast? :rotfl2:

Keep it coming!

DAY 1

after getting NO sleep at all because i was sleeping on the floor in my parents gameroom with SNOREY the bandit - aka my husband :goodvibes (that's so fun to say) i got up to shower at 5 am - bob showers at 5:30 - my dad at 5:45... we want to be out the door by 6 to get to the airport by 7 (our flight wasn't til 10:20 - but someone told me that monday morning security lines are terrible - so we wanted to be early) and BOY WERE WE EVER!!! we hit NO traffic and there was MAYBE 5 people in the security line in front of us :confused: so we had 3 hours to kill :scared1:

so we decide that we are hungry and want to grab a bite before we board so what better choice at 7 am that TGIFridays... :confused:

apparantly they have breakfast there (which i don't really eat - so we choose Fridays b/c they serve their lunch menu at all hours as well)

so we order.... :rolleyes1 probably the MOST RANDOM things that anyone could ever order at 7 am in the airport

We order the appitizer platter to share ... :rotfl: ... fried zucchini - mozzarella - and boneless buffalo wings
BOB - Steak and eggs
HEATHER - Cobb salad minus the blue cheese - olives - and egg :sick: yuck

so needless to say we got some crazy looks

anyways - - we fly down - good flight get to ME - just miss the bus for POR - so we wait and wait and wait which felt like forever - but in real life time was probably only like 30 minutes

so we're waiting and i tell bob "i can't wait to plan our next trip... :rolleyes1 ... ... ... ... . .......... :rolleyes1 "

bob- "uh huh"
me - "hey seriously though - i know that I love it here - but if you don't, i would rather know it than you fake enthusiasm and give me hope that we can come back... so if you hate it, just be straight with me" .... "but know that i probably won't like you anymore" :laughing:

we get on the bus and we start to watch the video and bob leans over and says "i already love it here - let's book for next year" :lovestruc awwwww... he's cute - i think it's cuz he has a crush on minnie, but we'll get to that in a few days... :rotfl:

so we arrive at POR - and go to check in ... OMG!!!! the line was like foreeeeevvvvvvveeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr long...... so we finally get to our room by like 3:00... we check it out for a little while - then head straight out to EPCOT - we wanted to check it out for a while before our reservation at Le Cellier at 8:00....

We head straight for test track... instead of FP... we just wait in the standby line (it was 40 minutes :eek: ... and generally i wouldn't wait that long - but we still weren't familiar with where everything was and didn't want to not make it back for the FP or something stupid... plus we just got there - and we didn't want to run around too much yet)

we go from test track to the world showcase and wander around the whole thing - taking pictures and we rode maelstrom (sp?) on our way to Le cellier ...

for our appetizers we got the duck 2 ways for me :-)yay: - soooo good) and the chicken sausage for bob (mah.... not really my scene - but still pretty good)
we both ordered the strip steak with the cream cheese mashed potatoes :goodvibes
bob got the chocolate "moose" for dessert and I got the mandarin orange sorbet YUM!!!

EVERYTHING was sooo good then we just hopped on the bus and went home for early night

NEXT UP - - - MAGIC KINGDOM!!!

Oh, man, you guys...great pics and trip reports! Can't wait to read more...you are making me so excited about our trip in September -- holy cow, I have to wait FOUR MORE MONTHS! :rotfl2:

Sea, we FINALLY got a break in the hot weather. Usually don't see triple digits until Memorial Day, but it came a little early this year. Lots of fun things to do this time of year, but it's soooo hot outside. We went to a Pan Asian festival last weekend -- dancers and musicians and performers, food booths, crafts and stuff for sale from most Asian countries -- kind of like an all-Asian Epcot :laughing: Had a lot of fun -- an ink-and-brush calligrapher wrote our names in Chinese, and we saw dancers from China, a Thai martial arts demonstration, lion dancers, singers from the Philippines, and Japanese taiko festival drummers. Tim bought a blue parasol with cherry blossoms painted on it to protect me from the sun :sunny:

This weekend is the Dixieland Jazz Festival -- although the music has expanded quite a bit to include other jazz, blues, and zydeco. Last year we went on Memorial Day and spent the whole day at the zydeco tent, drinking cold beer, and dancing to Cajun music. We're thinking about going again this year since it was so much fun before...

Good morning! :goodvibes

Day 2 - Sunday May 11th - Mother's Day:

We slept in this day until about 8 or so. Just kind of had a slow start to the day. I think we got to DTD around 10-10:30. It was about 90 degrees already and VERY humid! :eek: The only relief was the wind. Did a little window shopping. Looked in Once Upon A Toy, World of Disney and Disney's Days of Christmas. Convinced the kids to wait to make any purchases until after lunch! At nearly 11:30 we start to head to WPE for a MAYer :snooty: Meet! I round the corner and I see Huggie and family headed there too!! We meet up and say our hello's and then out of nowhere comes Sulley!! :grouphug: YAY we all made it and on time too!! We chat for a few minutes and go inside. No line at WPE today! So we all order and get a big table together. We had a nice lunch and a great time. I don't think my boys stopped talking the whole time. :yay: :yay: Huggie's little ones are so very quiet!! Not my guys, they don't know the meaning of quiet!! :lmao:

100_3519.jpg

100_3522.jpg

After lunch we went back to Once Upon a Toy and the kids stuffed boxes with Mr. Potato Head pieces for $19 each :rolleyes: oh my, buy hey it was their money. I'm not sure what else we got that day, but we went to nearly every store at DTD! Oh and stopped at Goofy's Candy Co on the way out for some chocolate covered pretzels! :woohoo:
100_3523.jpg

100_3518.jpg

100_3513.jpg

100_3530.jpg

Went back to CSR and rested at bit and got ready to go to dinner and Fantasmic at DHS. We had a 5:20pm ADR at Mama Melrose. We got to DHS around 4:45 . We had to go straight to Star Tours!! No real wait there. Rode that and went to RNRC and got fast passes for after dinner. Got to MM around 5:15 and checked in. I'm not sure when we finally got seated, maybe 5:45. . . VERY slow service here. Very good service, but very slow. Our waitress informed us that since we had the Fantasmic package that we each get a free appetizer! I got the artisan breads & spreads for my appetizer and the Wood-grilled Chicken tossed with Pipette pasta with artichokes, peas, roasted red peppers in a basil and four cheese cream sauce for dinner. I don't remember what DH got as an appetizer but he got Spicy Italian Sausage with rigatoni pasta, peppers, onions, and a tomato basil sauce topped with caprino cheese for dinner. It was all very good! The kids had plain spaghetti! Everything was excellent. Way too much food though! And like I said, the whole experience took forever. Everytime our waitress would leave we knew we wouldn't see her again for about 15-20 minutes! We were there until after 7:00. 2 hours waisted in a restaurant is way too much of my park time!! That's why I'm starting to think that the dining plan is not for us.
100_3538.jpg

100_3539.jpg

100_3540.jpg

100_3541.jpg

100_3542.jpg

After dinner we went back to RNRC and DS9 & I rode it twice. There was a CM outside of RNRC with a bunch of hula hoops for the kids. DS6 had fun doing that while he and DH waited. Then DS9 joined them when he was done riding. Very fun time sitting there listening to Aerosmith tunes and watching the kids play! DS6 has been curious about TOT so I notice the line is only 5 minutes and I talk him into it. He is not scared a single bit of the "haunted" aspect of it, just the drop. Well, he HATED it! :guilty: I felt so bad, he shouted "I don't like this" through the whole ride. Other riders were even consoling him! So during that time DS9 talks DH into riding RNRC with him. Well, DH HATED it!! Poor baby! :rotfl:

Now it's about 8:30 and we need to head to the "secret" fantasmic package entrance. We get there and I look at my family and they are hot and exhausted. I give then the option to skip it and they take me up on it. So no fantasmic for me this trip. :sad1: I tell them that they WILL make it up for Illuminations tomorrow night because we have never seen it yet, and they agree. We get back to CSR and lay in the hammocks and the wind picks up and we even feel a few rain drops. The only rain we got all week. We hope for a cooler day tomorrow!
100_3565.jpg

100_3564.jpg

Great report Shelly.... sorry that the boys didn't like the rides they went on....

So my DD bday is June 10th i will be having her party on the 14th. You guys are more then welcome to come..... lol.... so i take her to party city to get her invites plates cups etc... i try to convince her to get cinderella so i can put the pic of her and cinderella on her cake but she wouldn't budge... she wanted jinglebell... but it was so cute she kept saying "mom i don't want cindrella i want jinglebell" when she noticed that i was putting cindrella in teh shopping cart she says "marilyn no cinderella" i just bust out laughing.. first time she has called me by my name.... We ended up with tinkerbell... so now i'm wondering shoudl i dress her as tinkerbell or just regualr clothes.....

Great report, Shelly. Awww, :hug: for DS6 who didn't like TOT. I don't like it one bit either!!! :scared1: I rode it once at DL...said, ok, well I did it. Don't want to do it again. Next trip I rode it one more time and said, nope, I hate drop rides, don't EVER want to do it again. :sad2: :crazy2:

Mari, that's so cute that your DD thinks Tink's name is "Jinglebell" :tink: What's really funny is last Christmas my DGD kept singing, "Tinkerbells, tinkerbells, tinker all da way..." :rotfl2: Don't you just love that age? :laughing:

Great report, Shelly. Awww, :hug: for DS6 who didn't like TOT. I don't like it one bit either!!! :scared1: I rode it once at DL...said, ok, well I did it. Don't want to do it again. Next trip I rode it one more time and said, nope, I hate drop rides, don't EVER want to do it again. :sad2: :crazy2:

Thanks Katie! Boy did I feel like the worst mother ever for taking him on it!!:sad2: I actually didn't really care for it much either. It was okay, I could take it or leave it. I think DS9 would LOVE the ride, but he knows his limits and he doesn't go on anything scary or haunted. Which is fine, the last thing I need is a kid up all night with bad dreams while on vacation!

I forgot to tell you guys that we had time to check out the All Star Resorts on our trip. We are thinking that next time it will be 2 rooms at ASMovies. It was really awesome looking and the pool looked like fun and the food court is big and has a lot of choices! Hopefully we won't have mold on the shower like JO had at ASmusic! :wizard: :rotfl:

I really think that the 4 beds and 2 tv's and 2 bathrooms would work out better for us. Hopefully we will be able to get connecting rooms.

We really want to go back to CBR though!! :goodvibes LOVE that place!! :lovestruc Well I guess that means that we will just have to go back at least 2 more times!!!!! :laughing:

So my DD bday is June 10th i will be having her party on the 14th. You guys are more then welcome to come..... lol.... so i take her to party city to get her invites plates cups etc... i try to convince her to get cinderella so i can put the pic of her and cinderella on her cake but she wouldn't budge... she wanted jinglebell... but it was so cute she kept saying "mom i don't want cindrella i want jinglebell" when she noticed that i was putting cindrella in teh shopping cart she says "marilyn no cinderella" i just bust out laughing.. first time she has called me by my name.... We ended up with tinkerbell... so now i'm wondering shoudl i dress her as tinkerbell or just regualr clothes.....

That is so cute!! If you are free on May 31st. We would love you guys to come here for meghan's bday party. I am serious though. Think about it.

What kind of party are you having? I guess the outfit would depend on the event. :)

That is so cute!! If you are free on May 31st. We would love you guys to come here for meghan's bday party. I am serious though. Think about it.

What kind of party are you having? I guess the outfit would depend on the event. :)
Well it's just a bday party... Hopefully the weather is nice cause i'm planning on a BBQ type. Just throuw some food on the grill.

Hi all!

All this birthday talk, I just have to jump in. Tomorrow is my ds's thirteenth birthday. Can you believe it? A teenager!

We have always offered our kids a couple of options each year since they were little:

1. Our gift to you will be a party with friends at whatever location you want (within reason, JumpZone, Painted Pig (pottery painting studio), Skating Rink, Pool Party, Star Wars Movie, Indiana Jones Movie, (last year my dd had a sleepover that entailed having pizza, going to the HS football game, etc. and ds had the new Pirates movie at the theatre with a sleepover and pizza for a bunch of 12 year old boys.)

or

2. Mom and Dad will buy you a nice gift or gifts, items that you ask for your birthday. We set a price limit around the price of a party, which those parties get pretty pricy!

or

3. A shopping spree around the price of the party at the store of your choice which in the past has been Toys R Us.

My kids always have dinner at the restaurant of their choice, cupcakes, cookies, donuts or whatever for their class at school. My family and dh's family shower the kids with gifts, (so they never go without.) We also have a family birthday cake and maybe a special treat for breakfast. We were just concerned at a very early age about them expecting too much for their birthday or becoming spoiled rotten brats. It just seemed like our ds's 2nd birthday was way out of hand with gifts from us, friends' party with gifts, gifts from our family, cupcakes at preschool, etc. The poor kid had so much stuff, he did't know what to play with first. The poor mom wasn't sure where we would put all the stuff.

My kids love this arrangement as crazy as it may sound. Every year but one, they have choosen to have a party with friends. One year each, ds and dd have chosen the shopping spree. They had so much fun! They were so sweet and even allowed their sibling to spend some of the money, like my dd got a barbie during ds's spree, and then in return dd allowed ds to buy something during her spree. I was really surprised that most years they choose a party with friends, rather than gifts from us. (My ds has choosen to ask for a contribution to a charity of his choice the last two years, rather than receive gifts for himself at his party.) He has so loved doing that as well. He gotten written up in a blog on the internet by one of the charities last year. He was so psyched about that.

Well, ds has chosen to have a shopping spree at Best Buy tomorrow!!! He is such a man! :laughing: That just cracked my up. He will be in electronic heaven! :cloud9:

DH and I love the shopping spree choice! We go out to dinner, go to the store, buy the stuff, come home and have cake! It is so easy.

I am sending donuts and cupcakes as they are celebrating his birthday in two different classes. It is the last full day of school and think some of the teachers were going to let the kids have a party anyway and now they are just calling his birthday party!

Shelly - I love your report. We love Mama's, but it is slow. If we go there we try to plan it as our evening of rest.

Mari - I would let you dd dress up if she wants. She will be the birthday girl. They grow up so fast. When my dd was 4 she a cinderella party, and wanted up to rent the jumping castle for the backyard (One of those moon walk things but it was shaped like a castle). Well, rather than pay the $50 set up fee, I had my brother-in-law pick up the castle. That thing was so heavy. It took my dh, dfil, and dbil to roll it to the backyard and set it up. My dbil, who is a big "DIY" type of person said, I will pay the $50 next time for someone to set that thing up! :laughing:

ok Tink it is.... that means a trip to the mall this weekend to get her outfit... she is going to love that.

NC - i think i'll take your idea on the party thing when my DD is older. Give her a choice shopping or party..... good idea...

NC- First off happy bday to your ds. Wow 13!! :scared1: I like those Ideas. I will use them in the future. I am sure I am going to spend way too much money on Meghans bday party. The pony alone is 250. :scared1:

Friday 5/16-
On tap: DHS

Once again, the start of the day was later than we wanted. No rope drop for us.

I usually am adamant about the rope drop thing. This trip, I realized I can get there an hour later and still do everything I want. I think that knowing in the back of our minds that we are going back in October really took part of the stress off of me wanting to cram it all in.

Don’t get me wrong- we did do a great many things. We’ve just now been so many times that we know where to be when and what to see and what to skip. I guess you’d say we’re regulars! Which means that Disney has gotten a whole heck of a lot of our dinero through the years, LOL.

I got up and began trying to track down Mighty Good Neighbors. I thought I remembered her telling me that they were going to be in the WL, but I also know that their favorite resort is the AK. So I began the long process of searching for them by calling down to the front desk of our resort- ASMu. The lady I got, Olympia, was so very kind. She checked both the AK and the WL and said there was no one registered under the name “Mighty Good Neighbors” at either resort. I thanked her and hung up.

I got ready and called back down to the front. I got another really nice lady by the name of Rosie and she looked in every resort for the entire weekend. No luck. Mark came in from running and got ready.

I didn’t have my book with their cell phone number in it or their home phone number so I called information on my cell to get their home # thinking they might not have left SC yet. I got the #, called- it wouldn’t go through. I’m thinking “WTH??” Redialed, must have been, 6 more times. Frustrated, I called my house to talk to my Mom. She couldn’t find my book with their #’s- so she said call back down to the front desk and ask for a contact to the Ironman event.

So I called BACK down to the front and got Athenna, a wonderfully helpful person. Told her my plight and she put me on hold for 20 minutes, checking back with me every few minutes to tell me she as still searching for some info. Mighty Good Man at this point was becoming Mighty Restless Man and said the lady probably was drinking coffee, watching her watch tick by- not really looking. I said she was a nice person, and we laughed. She came back and told me the only thing she could say was to go onto the Ironman website. I thanked her for her troubles and Mighty Good Man’s watch went off. Ten O’clock. We’re even later than we thought. I looked at him and said “if Mighty Good Neighbors knew how badly we wanted to see them, they’d be so happy.” Mark nodded in agreement.

Jumped into the power lock car and zoomed fast fast over to DHS. Parked in Stage parking, not sure of the number but who needed it? We’ve got THE PANIC BUTTON. I should note here, however, that the panic button only worked when you were 5 feet from the car. Not to be picky, but if I’m in a panic, I need it to work way before that, thank you very much.

WE bolted through bag check thankful for no encounters with another Officer Mouth and scooted quickly over to TOT. Stand by was 30 minutes, so we got a FP. Needed coffee and a place to sit so we went in a store and asked an older lady where a good place to get good coffee, not Nescafe Nasty, was. Bless her heart. She looked so upset- like she wanted so badly to tell us the correct information. She suggested Starring Rolls the bakery next to The Brown Derby, and if not there, then past the ABC commissary at The Writers Stop. Went first to Starring Rolls. Nope. Nescafe Nasty.

Asked a younger CM and she without hesitation said The Writer’s Stop. So we walked over and I got a latte and Mighty Good Man got a large regular so as not to become Mighty Grumpy Man. We went out of the café and back to the area by The ABC commissary. There was a lovely place to sit outside underneath the palm trees, so we sat and had our morning coffee- just like we do at home. It’s our special time, so it’s very important that we do it, even on vacation. There was neat music playing- all of the TV shows and so we tried naming them all. Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Brady Bunch- lots more. Just sitting there- the breeze barely blowing, looking up and seeing the palm trees swaying ever so slightly. It was a special moment. We were at peace and happy.

Mighty Good Man says “I really want to see Mighty Good Neighbors. What else can we do?” ding-ding-ding! JoBird has a lightbulb moment!!!!!!

Mr. Mighty Good Neighbor is a Doctor!!!! “Let’s call information and get the number to his practice!!!” yay me! I am brilliant, if I must say so myself.

Mighty Good Man pulls out the Treo and gets right on it. The practice answers on the first ring. Mighty Good Man says “I am good friends with Doctor Mighty Good Neighbor, could you tell me if he is in Orlando running the Ironman?” The other side said “yes, I think so” to which Mighty Good Man boldly asks for his cell phone number to reach him!! I grin, knowing there’s no way in heck they’d ever give it to him. “Hold please” is the response. I am in disbelief. The lady comes back and says she is not at liberty to give out that information. I laugh. Mighty Good Man says “my name is Mighty Good Man and please tell Doctor Mighty Good Neighbor that I need him to call me.” He also told her to tell him that we were in Orlando too, so as to not worry Doctor Mighty Good Neighbor that something bad had happened.

He hangs up and says “Do you think they will call him?” and I say “but of course. They are now worried you are stalking him.” We both roll with laughter at the idea and Mighty Good Man does his best imitation of a creepy guy on the phone… “Hello. I am Charles Manson. Could I get Doctor Mighty Good Neighbor’s number and oh yeah go ahead and tell me his address while you’re at it.”

Just as we get finished laughing- it had been only two minutes- the phone rings and of course it’s Dr. Mighty Good Neighbor. They laugh and joke and Dr. Mighty Good Neighbor says he told the receptionist- it’s only Mighty Good Man, of course you could have given him my number- but she had no way of knowing it wasn’t Charles Manson, so we all forgive her.

Dr. Mighty Good Neighbor had just landed at the airport and his wife and kids were flying in at 2 that afternoon. So he says he’ll call us later when they land and we’ll plan on getting together.

We are happy that our mission had been a success and Dr Mighty Good Neighbor was thrilled. We walk hand in hand to RNRC to get a FP for later and see that it only has a 10 minute wait- so we go standby and ride in the front of the coaster. Perfect launch, perfect ride.

We walk to TOT and use our FP’s – the wait is posted at 30 minutes, but I truly think it was more like 20. We used the FP’s anyway and we went to the Right side Library. I’ve never done that side before! This is my fave ride in all of WDW so I am loving every second of it. We go to the Boiler room and go right- the first elevator- all the way to the right side. There is a group of young grade school girls- all speaking a foreign language, all at once. Some of them were scared, some were wide eyed. I didn’t know if I wanted to be on the ride with them screaming, but we ended up riding with them. We got the last seats all the way on the back row- top right hand side.

We were the only adults in this elevator of doom with screaming non English speaking preteens. When the elevator went straight up at the beginning of the ride, they all started screaming that high pitch scream that only young girls can do so well. I was sure that the dog from the graveyard scene in the HM at the MK was howling. Mighty Good Man decided he’d have some fun with them and he started yelling with all his might and they all stopped screaming and looked at him. “I’m scared,” he said. To which they all realized if this big 200 pound muscle man is yelling because he is scared, then they were surely all gonna die. So they start screaming. All the way up. All the way out. All the way down. Up--- YAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Down----YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Up, down, up down, up, down. They screamed so hard and so long that at the end, when it was time to stand up, one of them stood, staggered, and looked as if she was going to faint. Might Scared Man laughed.

Our picture shows all preteens with their mouths like this : :scared1: --- and there on the top row in the second to the last seat, you see Mighty Scared Man with his mouth like this: :scared1: and next to him me, with my mouth like this: :lmao:

That was a wonderful experience, but it paled in comparison to what would come later in the Tower of Doom…….

We were hungry so we walked over to have lunch at our favorite CS- Studio catering which I think is now called Terrace Grill, at least that’s what the receipt says. Any way, we ordered 2 Greek Salads and a bbq sandwich that I cut a corner off of for myself and Mighty Hungry Man proceeds to devour the rest. Cheap lunch at $21.

We found the entrance to the Backlot Tour and were happy to have some shade as it is getting pretty dang hot. I climb onto the Tram and the host crams two more people onto our row with us. I got aggravated b/c it was hot and the tram wasn’t full at all, so I was annoyed. As was the other lady sitting with us. Of course we had never been on the ride before, so we had no clue that the left hand side gets you soaking wet. As we approach Catastrophe Canyon, I am crawling on top of Mighty Big Man and he’s trying his best to keep me from getting wet. I sort of end up hanging onto the other couple as 9,000 gallons of water are dumped onto our tram. As the water recedes, I look at Mighty Perturbed Woman and say “I bet you didn’t realize you were going to have a new Best Friend when you got up this morning” to which she giggled.

When we got off, we had a look around the AFI part and saw lots of costumes from movies- including some from the new Prince Caspian movie! Very interesting stuff.

Afterwards, we think we’ve had enough of DHS for a bit, and since we had ADR’s for later at Prime Time, we decide to bolt and go get a Dole Whip from the MK.

Midway to the parking lot of the TTA, Mighty Good Man decides that he wants to take the walkway over to the Poly and check things out at that resort. I remembered Sulley saying that we could get a Dole Whip there so we decided that it would be a great idea. We were looking forward to sitting in some shade and resting by the beach. Or so I thought.

We walked around the Poly and Mighty Good Man became Mighty Insane Man (my goodness the transformation and different personas he’s been, LOL) and decided at that moment, he did NOT want to go back to the ASMu with the moldy shower. He wanted to stay THAT NIGHT and the next night AT THE POLY and he wouldn’t let me stop him. He marched up to the registration desk and told the man behind the counter that we were in ASMu, we weren’t happy and we wanted to move resorts. He even said he didn’t care about price. I was dumbfounded. I am standing there, my mouth wide open and I can’t speak. Mighty Insane Man is grinning like there is no tomorrow and I can’t say anything. Mighty Insane Man whips out his wallet, pulls out the Credit card and the CM says that the only thing they have left is Lagoon View. $500 + tax per night. Grand total room only, rack rate for 2 nights- $1200. Insano Man says “We’ll take it.”

Oh. My. Gosh.

The CM says that we will have to go and check out at ASMu (it’s now 3:15) and that the room is reserved in our names, but we won’t be checked in or give a Credit card until we come back.

Mighty Insane Man is grinning, thinking he’s really made my trip special and I am not sure what to say. I mutter- “I’m still getting my Dole Whip”. And he says “Of course you are.” And we go stand in line.

I am standing there, looking at him and say “There is no way we should even think of doing such a thing.” Insano Man says “why not” and I said b/c at the end of the trip we’d be ashamed for being so foolish with our money. Hello- we do have another trip to pay for in October!!!
Imagine! Me! Paying Rack Rate! The thought curled my toes and hurt my insides. I told him I wasn’t comfortable doing it and he said he wanted to do it for me. Just then the phone rings. It’s Dr. Mighty Good Neighbor’s Wife. She is screaming in the phone with her wonderful Southern Drawl, you’d think she’d won the lottery. “Get over here at 5PM-“, she says. “We’ve got reservations at Whispering Canyon- I just added you two.”

It’s 3:50. We have no time to get to the resort, pack everything up, check out of ASMu, check in at the Poly and get over to the WL for supper. Mighty Dejected Man looks sadly at me and says “I tried”. I told him he’s my knight in Shining armor whether we’re paying $84 a night or $500 a night. He smiles and off we go to shower quickly and get dressed for dinner.

We get to the WL and around the corner come Dr and Mrs Mighty Good Neighbor and their beautiful babies- 6 year old cutie Blue Eyed Boy (he and Belle are exactly one month apart- his mom and I were so cute pregnant together) and 3 year old cutie girl with a big bow in her hair. They come running and grab us and I pick up Big Bow and exclaim at the Southerness of her having the bow being bigger than her head. Oh how I love love love the Southern girly way of dressing babies. Biggest bow you can find and smocked clothes. We all hug and laugh at the absurdity of meeting in Orlando and off we go to our table.

I have never been to Whispering Canyon, so I was happy to get to try it. Our waiter was a Spanish man that told us his name was Sergio (said with a heavenly accent)- but that we should call him Dusty Trail. Somehow Mighty Good Man and Dr Mighty Good Neighbor start calling him Dusty Tail and it goes downhill from there. The napkins were thrown at us, the straws were thrown at us. Mrs. Mighty Good Neighbor says that we are celebrating Blue eyed Boy’s 6th Birthday and Dusty Tail says that “That is fine, but you know the one who announces the Birthday is the one who gets to ride the Pony, so get ready blondie, cause you getting ready to ride that Pony!!!” We died laughing. We had the best time with that waiter! Both Me and Mighty Good Man ordered the skillet- and it was so very good. Loved it, would definitely like to bring the kids back in October.

After dinner, Dr Good Neighbor wanted us to see his new $5000 bike, so we go to his room. First floor, courtyard (?) view I think is what they had with bunk beds. A very nice room. Their kids are getting rambunctious from all of the excitement of their first night of vacation, and Blue Eyed Boy somehow slams Big Bow’s thumb in the patio door. Party over. I give kisses and hugs to the babies and we promise to meet up with them the next day at AK. Blue Eyed Boy wanted to ride his first big coaster- EE—(!) and demanded that we all ride together. How could we refuse?

So we run out to the car and I grab a change of clothes and change in the restroom so that we could head back over to DHS for the late showing of Fantasmic.

We got there and headed straight back to The Writer’s Stop for another round of coffee. I’m beginning to think our veins run a constant caffeine drip, with all the coffee we drink, but that’s our way of life. We got our coffee and sat back at the same table by the ABC Commissary. Ahhh, peaceful moment. Palms swaying again, warm breeze of it finally cooling down after being a hot day. Oh wow. We miss the South. It just feels like home to us. Talk about future plans of how long till we could possibly get back down there to live.

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, interrupting my very happy moment comes a crazy man, wielding a stroller, yelling the most horrendous language at this poor lady carrying a child that looked to be about 18 months old. Mighty Good Man instantly becomes Mighty Muscle Man and says “Baby, if it gets physical, I’m in. Grab the wallet and get me out of jail.” He keeps a keen eye towards the fight, all the while the crazy man is saying to the lady- “This vacation is all about you and your precious Princess Daughter and what YOU want to do.” Mighty Muscle Man says under his breath-“Dude, you’re in Disney, what do you expect??” I said “Perhaps he wanted to go to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique himself?” The poor lady finally walked off but Crazy Man followed her screaming at her the entire way. The little baby looked at that raging idiot like she was terrified and was clinging to her mom with all her might. We were very sad for the situation and hoped things didn’t get out of hand any more than they already were.

We sat there for another moment and another man came walking by and stopped and shared a bit of his story with us. It was his wedding anniversary, but his wife had gotten cancer 13 years before and she fought like hell to beat it. He said that one night he had to get up with her 27 times to help her and that she finally had had enough. The next day when he told her he was running to the store- he came home to find she had committed suicide as an act of love to him- to not be a burden b/c she knew she’d never get well. Oh my gosh. I started crying and he had tears in his eyes. Mighty Good Man reached over and kissed my hand and we wished the man well.

Such a stark contrast of people’s relationships- all in the course of a 15 minute time span.

I told Mighty Good Man that I needed to do something fun in order to get my mind off of what had happened and he said “What do you want to do?” I told him that I had always wanted to ride TOT at night, and that since they were showing two Fantasmic’s and the first had already begun, we might luck out and get a quick stand by line. Mighty good Man said great and we were off.

I was right, of course, there was no one around TOT and it was actually quite eerie as we walked through the gardens with no one else. We got up to where the CM’s stand and again, we got the right side Library again. 6 other people went in with us. The doors close and we are all alone, listening to the Twilight zone spiel. I am a bit scared- it’s just kind of creepy at night- and I grab onto Mighty Big Man, thanking God for the muscles he had. The library doors open and I am the first out. We went right at the split in the boiler room, like always- and there’s only a handful of people boarding ahead of us. About half full. I get up to the CM and say very sweetly to him “Is there any possible way that we could ride the ride tonight all alone?” The CM looks at me, then at Mighty Big Man and says “You want to ride all alone? Tonight? Now?” I nodded and he looked behind us. There was no one else in line. He said “Okay. You’re mighty brave” and laughed this weird guttural laugh. I immediately asked myself what I had done.

He put us all the way to the right had side and had us stand on the little squares in order to be in row 1, seats one and two. Some other people come and they load them onto the middle elevator squares. We’re still standing there. More people come. They put them into the middle elevator squares. That middle elevator is starting to fill up. More people. Again, the middle elevator. They complain, saying they could ride with us. No, the CM says they have to ride the middle one. Up they go.

Our elevator doors open and the CM says very creepily, “Proceed”. We get in and my heart is hammering in my chest. He tells us the belt buckle should be buckled left to right. I’m so scared I’m trying to buckle right to left. The CM is still saying “Left to right, Left to right.” He finally bends down and says with much enunciation “LEFT to right.” I say, “Ohhhhhh, Left to right, haahaha.” And I am nervous as all get out.

We sit there for another minute with the doors still open, prolonging the sheer agony of the situation I have gotten us into and the CM still in character comes to our door with the phone in his hand. He says to the other person on the other end so that we hear him “No, there’s only two of them. Are you sure?” He looks at us and says “It seems the brakes are out.” To the person on the other end he says “Oh no, it will be fine. Send them anyway, they don’t weigh much, I’m sure the brakes will catch.” He looks at us, doffs his hat and wishes us a pleasant stay. The doors close and we are sucked up into the Tower of Doom.

It’s at this point, JoBird begins to scream.

I scream and I scream until I think I am going to faint from terror. We get up to the top, begin the outward ride in order to get into place and the drop begins.

They must have picked us up and dropped us for a full minute. On and on and on and on and on and on. Over and over and over again.

Just as I thought we were finished they’d pick us up again. I screamed the entire time. When it’s finally over, I am clinging to Mighty Big Man so hard that my knuckles are white. The doors open and a CM is there and says “Do drop in any time.” My knees were weak.

Our picture looked like this : Me :scared1: Mighty Big Man: :scared1:

While I am happy I did it, I don’t think I’ll ever ask for that again.

We went over to RNRC and had a 5 minute wait and rode and loved it. Afterwards, I was overcome and needed some water, so we stopped at the Popsicle stand and waited for the second Fantasmic to get closer.

When it was 10:15, we walked slowly over, went inside, chose a spot right in the middle of the stadium, sat down and had no one around us. Hardly anyone was there. In fact, most of the sides were roped off.

The show began at 10:30, we watched it and then walked slowly out of the near empty park to the tram and were back in our hotel room showered and in the bed at 12:30.

Wonderful day all around!

Up next- our final day--AK, Epcot and the MK all in one day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter