• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 1-7

Mom2Joce

It all started with a...
Any craziness going on this week? Cheer conventions, grad nights, etc I need to be prepared for?

I've heard of two events during that period so far and have them listed in the Calendar of Events thread. Cinco de Mayo may mean a few specialty food offerings (primarily in DTD). DLR hasn't announced if there will be any special events/promotions (e.g., AP Days) during that period (yet), but I wouldn't be surprised if they have something going on to keep the crowds up during the period between Spring Break Season and summer.
May 5-7 (Fri-Sun): Bats Day in the Park
May 5 (Fri): Cinco De Mayo

I wonder if the Visit Anaheim Calendar has the Run Disney event on the wrong dates. The Tinker Bell Half Marathon is May 11-14, 2017 (but it was May 5-8 in 2016).

You are right...I just checked rundisney.com and saw this..

Attachments

• IMG_1959.PNG
    IMG_1959.PNG
    415.5 KB · Views: 14

Can you imagine what May the 4th will be like once Star Wars Land opens? :rotfl:
They should do a hard ticket event. I'd get a big bucket of popcorn and sit at a bench within shouting distance of the check point to enter.

Last edited:
You mentioned that "DLR hasn't announced if there will be any special events/promotions (e.g., AP Days) during that period (yet), but I wouldn't be surprised if they have something going on to keep the crowds up during the period between Spring Break Season and summer."

How and when would this info be announced? Or where can I keep up to date with those announcements?
Many thanks :)

You mentioned that "DLR hasn't announced if there will be any special events/promotions (e.g., AP Days) during that period (yet), but I wouldn't be surprised if they have something going on to keep the crowds up during the period between Spring Break Season and summer."

How and when would this info be announced? Or where can I keep up to date with those announcements?
Many thanks :)
You can follow the DL and AP accounts on social media. They'd announce it as late as Easter if it's starting the next week, but they've also run same day promos via Twitter before. If they decide to do something in May, they could await until the last week of April to announce.

Some people will go just to be in TL. Some people will go all over both parks because they're there that day, even if the main reason it's the 4th. There is also the potential for what Sherry call crowds avoiding crowds causing crowds. I would expect both parks to be more crowded than any other week day the first week of May, but DCA to still be better relative to DL. I'd say the same goes for the 5th, but there could be events happening in DCA. Of course, this all assumes there's no additional events announced.

T
Some people will go just to be in TL. Some people will go all over both parks because they're there that day, even if the main reason it's the 4th. There is also the potential for what Sherry call crowds avoiding crowds causing crowds. I would expect both parks to be more crowded than any other week day the first week of May, but DCA to still be better relative to DL. I'd say the same goes for the 5th, but there could be events happening in DCA. Of course, this all assumes there's no additional events announced.
Thanks.....We are there the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. May 2 and 3 show "Ghost Town" on "Is it packed". I guess we should get as much done as we can on those days and make the best out of it on the 4th.

Me again I'm trying not to over think things but of course I want to make the most of our time. Would you suggest I use our Magic Morning on Tuesday 5/2 or Thursday 5/4? Thanks for your help!

T

Thanks.....We are there the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. May 2 and 3 show "Ghost Town" on "Is it packed". I guess we should get as much done as we can on those days and make the best out of it on the 4th.

I don't think you can trust any of those sites that estimate the crowds. I just go in assuming it will be packed, no matter what. :) If its not, it will be a pleasant surprise.

Me again I'm trying not to over think things but of course I want to make the most of our time. Would you suggest I use our Magic Morning on Tuesday 5/2 or Thursday 5/4? Thanks for your help!
I doubt it matters. Most people say use it earlier in the trip because you may be too tired to get up early by the end. I have to think that most people rushing to TL on the 4th at opening will be going for merchandise. If you were going to use MM for mostly FL you probably won't even notice it until a few hours later when the lines in TL really have time to build. It all depends what Disney does this year. If they don't get up photo ops in the walkways again, and people are flocking to Launch Bay, it wouldn't be as noticeable either. Like PP said, just expect all days to be crowded, because they probably will be, and be pleasantly surprised if they're not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter