MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

21 days for us!! My little ol Disney package should show up today! :banana:

So, max pass... I know we will do it because we only have 2 park days (doing a must have a little Disney speed trip!) my question is about the photopass part... does it work like the regular photopass? When we are done with our two days, will all the ride photos, pics with the photographers and stuff all be on our account? Can I then get a cd or download them? Is that extra? What about borders and all that? Included?

21 days for us!! My little ol Disney package should show up today! :banana:

So, max pass... I know we will do it because we only have 2 park days (doing a must have a little Disney speed trip!) my question is about the photopass part... does it work like the regular photopass? When we are done with our two days, will all the ride photos, pics with the photographers and stuff all be on our account? Can I then get a cd or download them? Is that extra? What about borders and all that? Included?
It works the same way as regular PP. I don't think they have borders anymore though.

On any photopass photo you can crop, filter, add stickers and borders in the app :)
I know they tested this out in the ios app last year. Is it still there? Is the selection of borders any better? It was substantially less than in previous years. Almost not worth the bother. And it was very convoluted. You had to export the photo with the changes by email or maybe one of the social media sites, but couldn't save it to your account.

I know they tested this out in the ios app last year. Is it still there? Is the selection of borders any better? It was substantially less than in previous years. Almost not worth the bother. And it was very convoluted. You had to export the photo with the changes by email or maybe one of the social media sites, but couldn't save it to your account.

I think the selection is alright about 15 borders and there are currently some Halloween options which is nice. You can save directly to your device but not to the account.

We will be in the parks on dec 27-31 staying on site. At first i had said no MP now i am thinking I might use it on our last day if we are not able to do the rides we want.
The only rides we will be riding that have MP are HM, Buzz, Star Tours, and maybe BTM and on DCA soaring and RSR and TSMM which we could do on our EMH with just regular fast passes i think.

Will I be able to add MP the night before to our next day. Or do i have to do it on that they we plan on using it?
can they all be on one phone? Do i need my tickets each time?

We will be in the parks on dec 27-31 staying on site. At first i had said no MP now i am thinking I might use it on our last day if we are not able to do the rides we want.
The only rides we will be riding that have MP are HM, Buzz, Star Tours, and maybe BTM and on DCA soaring and RSR and TSMM which we could do on our EMH with just regular fast passes i think.

Will I be able to add MP the night before to our next day. Or do i have to do it on that they we plan on using it?
can they all be on one phone? Do i need my tickets each time?

Do it the day you plan to use it. You can have everyone's tickets linked in one account. You'll need to scan each ticket (either hard copy or in the app) for each ride.

You have to wait until you're in the park to purchase them on your phone (make sure to scan in the tickets). No other way to get it beforehand unless you buy it bundled with your tickets directly from Disney.

You have to wait until you're in the park to purchase them on your phone (make sure to scan in the tickets). No other way to get it beforehand unless you buy it bundled with your tickets directly from Disney.
Thanks. and no i will not bundle because i might just use it one day.

Can i hold all tickets or everyone must hold their own? I remember reading different answers to this.
so the option will not show up until we are inside the parks? What is the earliest we can get a fp? not until official opening or during EMH

Thanks. and no i will not bundle because i might just use it one day.

Can i hold all tickets or everyone must hold their own? I remember reading different answers to this.
so the option will not show up until we are inside the parks? What is the earliest we can get a fp? not until official opening or during EMH
You can have all of the tickets on your app. Then you book FP as a group.

The option will not show up until your ticket is scanned and you enter.

The earliest you can get a FP is prior to park opening. After you have purchased MP.

I have a question. I think I read someone in this forum that did this..

I have park hoppers that I will upgrade to Annual Pass, the low tier one... As we go into the park the first day , the timing of the upgrade is what I need to work out

I read from someone that they purchased the $10 Maxpass for the day and then when they went to upgrade their AP they took the $10 towards the $75 maxpass yearly cost for AP.

Anyone have any experience on this?

Quick question about purchasing maxpass. I understand that I have to buy it the day of use (ie can't buy the night before and don't want to 'pre-purchase for our entire trip). I also understand that I can book DCA from DLR and DLR from DCA subject to the 2 hr restriction AND that I can also book from the hotel (DLH). Does that mean that I can BUY the maxpass from the DLH as well given they seem to be on the same 'network' or do I have to physically be in either DCA or DLR to purchase the day's Maxpass for the family. Also if I attend early MH, can I buy the MP then of do I have to wait for 'public' (non-resort) guest opening...

Thanks... 4 more sleeps!!!

Quick question about purchasing maxpass. I understand that I have to buy it the day of use (ie can't buy the night before and don't want to 'pre-purchase for our entire trip). I also understand that I can book DCA from DLR and DLR from DCA subject to the 2 hr restriction AND that I can also book from the hotel (DLH). Does that mean that I can BUY the maxpass from the DLH as well given they seem to be on the same 'network' or do I have to physically be in either DCA or DLR to purchase the day's Maxpass for the family. Also if I attend early MH, can I buy the MP then of do I have to wait for 'public' (non-resort) guest opening...

Thanks... 4 more sleeps!!!

Your ticket must be scanned into a park for it to work (and for you to even be able to purchase MaxPass, I believe). And I also believe it's a 90-minute window, not two hours.

I don't think it matters what hotel you're staying at. You can book FP from your room no matter where it is if you've already been to the parks that day. So, hypothetically, could you go to the parks in the morning and then go back to your room and purchase MP from there? I'm not sure, but you might as well purchase it when you go in the morning if you know you want it.

I think you should be able to purchase it during EMH as long as you're scanned in. I've heard of some people being able to book FP during EMH, so I would imagine that means you can purchase at that time as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter