Masks OPTIONAL Indoors at WDW...

AndreaA

DIS Veteran
No masks needed indoors or out if you are vaccinated, and they will NOT be checking your vaccination status.

... are we not allowed to post about this anymore? I searched the board looking for an update and then found this on the news. I know general Covid threads are now banned, but I’m trying to plan a trip, so this was important info for me. It obviously relates to travel. Surprised I didn’t see a thread on it since it was a couple of days ago.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vaccine-visitors-no-masks-at-disney-world/

Last edited:
The practice started yesterday. Then in the afternoon the return of fireworks starting July was announced.

The pace has picked up toward a return to normal operations. Plexiglass on rides is in the process of being removed, spacing markers too, pre-shows returning, and physical distancing is no longer a specific consideration. Guests to space as they feel comfortable.

hmmm - welp there was a thread or two about them, but I'm not sure where they went (I skimmed but didn't search). Maybe because it's not brand new news is why it's not on the first or second page? It is odd how sometimes things disappear.

This is a fabulous thread for up to date info on what is going on, and the best thing - no mask debates!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-element-of-fun.3838908/page-93#post-63089779

The practice started yesterday. Then in the afternoon the return of fireworks starting July was announced.

The pace has picked up toward a return to normal operations. Plexiglass on rides is in the process of being removed, spacing markers too, and physical distancing is no longer a specific consideration. Guests to space as they feel comfortable.

Oooh, thanks for the info about the plexiglass! That’s a dealbreaker for me since we like the dark rides and want to be able to SEE everything. I know FROZEN was particularly irritating with the plexiglass up.

Oops! Sorry! I’d been here VERY regularly for a long while, but son had dance recital over the weekend so I was busy last week.
There been a lot of changes very recently

AKL has announced reopening in August too

We can leave this thread open for discussion as long as it stays on topic as it has so far. The challenge with these threads as people take them off topic which causes them to be closed. Mentioning current updates such as where Plexiglas is being removed, fireworks returning is welcome.

We’re here this week. You can see the changes taking place in real time. Floor stickers are gone most places, and plexiglass is coming down quickly. Not wearing masks indoors is fantastic - I missed seeing everyone’s smiles. Just hoping cast members get to unmask soon for their sake - it has to be tough in the heat.

We’re fully vaccinated, and it feels wonderful to see Disney World quickly returning to the way things used to be. Enjoying an early dinner at Beaches and Cream at this very moment!

We’re here this week. You can see the changes taking place in real time. Floor stickers are gone most places, and plexiglass is coming down quickly. Not wearing masks indoors is fantastic - I missed seeing everyone’s smiles. Just hoping cast members get to unmask soon for their sake - it has to be tough in the heat.

We’re fully vaccinated, and it feels wonderful to see Disney World quickly returning to the way things used to be. Enjoying an early dinner at Beaches and Cream at this very moment!

Oh, yes, I hope the cast members can unmask soon. I guess I assumed they would have teh choice, like workers in Target who don’t need masks anymore but can wear them if they choose (cannot recall now if the signs specified vaccination status) with this current update.

We were in Epcot yesterday. 98% of guests wore no masks, including children, inside and outside. On Spaceship Earth we were seating in the same car as another family. Last week on Pirates, only every other seat was filled. Hopefully this will move things along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter