• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mask Requirement Dropped for SeaWorld, starting 5/15

Just went to Seaworld Tuesday on free Vet tickets...we got there at 9am open and left after the Killer Whale show at 12:30pm.

I got my money's worth from the $25 parking. By only opening ONE ride at 9am open (which then BROKE while my one kid was in line), and then NOT HAVING ANTICIPATED OPEN TIMES for both Kraken and Journey to Atlantis (which eventually opened at 10:20am - thanks Seaworld), it led to my kids' frustration. We were gonna spend money (probably $100) and have lunch there - nope, kids wanted to swim at the resort and leave, so we did, since I only had $25 invested.

For what I did - saw penguins, dolphins, manatees, turtles, gators, and then the Atlantis aquarium and the Killer Whale show plus one ride on Atlantis (and my youngest 2 got rides on all of Sesame and my 2nd oldest got her Manta ride), it was worth my $5 person. But combine 90 degree+ heat, enormous walks to get places, and nothing open til an hour past open when crowds have now already built...well, I'll pass without vet tickets in the future. If you're gonna open a park at 9am and then close by 6pm, open the dang park IN FULL OR AT LEAST 75% at 9am...that was my biggest issue with Sea World by far...

PS - No one wore masks, rides were fully seated, and the show was PACKED (I put on a mask there for myself when I went in and saw the crowds)...

PPS - And run more shows - I wanted to see the High school show, but it was at the SAME TIME as the killer whale show and then not shown again til 2:30pm and 5pm...and did I mention kids were done. If you aren't gonna open rides at 9am, BOTH shows should have run at 9:30am or 10am...

Just went to Seaworld Tuesday on free Vet tickets...we got there at 9am open and left after the Killer Whale show at 12:30pm.

I got my money's worth from the $25 parking. By only opening ONE ride at 9am open (which then BROKE while my one kid was in line), and then NOT HAVING ANTICIPATED OPEN TIMES for both Kraken and Journey to Atlantis (which eventually opened at 10:20am - thanks Seaworld), it led to my kids' frustration. We were gonna spend money (probably $100) and have lunch there - nope, kids wanted to swim at the resort and leave, so we did, since I only had $25 invested.

For what I did - saw penguins, dolphins, manatees, turtles, gators, and then the Atlantis aquarium and the Killer Whale show plus one ride on Atlantis (and my youngest 2 got rides on all of Sesame and my 2nd oldest got her Manta ride), it was worth my $5 person. But combine 90 degree+ heat, enormous walks to get places, and nothing open til an hour past open when crowds have now already built...well, I'll pass without vet tickets in the future. If you're gonna open a park at 9am and then close by 6pm, open the dang park IN FULL OR AT LEAST 75% at 9am...that was my biggest issue with Sea World by far...

PS - No one wore masks, rides were fully seated, and the show was PACKED (I put on a mask there for myself when I went in and saw the crowds)...

PPS - And run more shows - I wanted to see the High school show, but it was at the SAME TIME as the killer whale show and then not shown again til 2:30pm and 5pm...and did I mention kids were done. If you aren't gonna open rides at 9am, BOTH shows should have run at 9:30am or 10am...

Ugh, this is my main concern. I keep hearing about broken down rides or rides not opening until 11:00am. We bit the bullet and got tickets for this Memorial Day when it is open until 9:00pm. I know it will be crowded, but I am hoping with more hours and more shows (the Dolphin show opens back up on Friday) that we can try and have a good day. My kids are older (12 and 18) so we shall see. Tickets were $60 and I know parking will be $30. This is really our only park day. We may do a water park, but this trip is a rare no Disney or Universal. More of a relaxing pool/resort vacation and visiting family. Even if it is a bust, it won't ruin the whole week! LOL I will definitely update my experience later next week. At least I feel somewhat prepared for the worst and hoping and planning for better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter