Mary Poppins Musical - worth it? three year old?

akadada

Doin' It All for My Baby.
Hi,

I have no idea where to post this. Hope this is okay.

Mary Poppins tour is coming to our town. My 3.5yo daughter loves the movie. I wondered:

1. is it worth seeing in general?
2. would it be too much for a 3 1/2 year old?

Thanks

I saw Mary Poppins in New York a few years ago and while at that time I didn't have any children of my own, there were LOTS in the theater and they all did great!

Now that I have a 4 year old of my own, I would see it again with her!

YES. Mary Poppins is amazing for all ages! It's an amazing production even if you haven't seen the movie before- it just makes it that much better if you have! The effects are amazing and the acting is phenomenal!
I would 10000% recommend seeing it! I think you're kid would LOVE it:-)
It's an experience you never forget.

akadada said:
Hi,

I have no idea where to post this. Hope this is okay.

Mary Poppins tour is coming to our town. My 3.5yo daughter loves the movie. I wondered:

1. is it worth seeing in general?
2. would it be too much for a 3 1/2 year old?

Thanks

It's a fun show. It's not the best show I've ever seen, but it's a lot of fun and kids seem to love it. It's not scary at all.

We took our son about a month before his 7th birthday in the fall when the tour came through. It was phenomenal. I suppose it would depend on your 3.5 year old's attention span and ability to sit still/not disturb those around her. Yes, there are a lot of kids who go, but normal theatre etiquette still applies - we made a huge point of making sure our son understood that. He loved it so much that he's started tap dancing classes to be like Bert and the chimney sweeps. :)

Mary Poppins is my favorite Disney Musical (but I have not seen Newsies yet), the magic in it is amazing. there were plenty of kids when we saw it and they did fine. It would probably depend upon the attention span and the time of the show for a 3 year old. I know my daughter at that age would have been mesmerized by it and would not have missed a beat!

My sister and I just returned from a trip to NYC to see it - it was phenomenal!! I can't stop listening to the soundtrack! The musical numbers are fantastic and the set design is incredible. There were plenty of kids in the audience (all ages) and all seemed to do well and enjoy it. The pace of the show is fast enough to keep the young ones interested but not too fast that it's above their heads. I would see it again in a heartbeat!

I haven't seen the Marry Poppins plays but my boyfriend and I both saw the Broadway productions of Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King.
Both were absolutely incredible and entertained an audience of all ages.
If you can, I would definitely recommend going!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter