Marvel Studios' Hulk: New Movie Rumored to Adapt World War Hulk Plot

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-studios-hulk-movie-world-war-hulk-plot
Time to talk about The Incredible Hulk . At one point, many refused to accept the fact that the film was even canon . The movie had a different Hulk actor, and its events are rarely referenced in the wider MCU—in fact, there are still several plot threads still hanging to this day.

Cut to 2021, and things have changed, if only slightly. General Ross returned to the MCU with Captain America: Civil War , and Tim Roth's Abomination took the stage for a brief moment in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings .

Yet there has still not been a single solo Bruce Banner project since his 2008 outing. He has simply played a vital role alongside other Marvel heroes in various projects, all of which being team-ups of some fashion.

Bruce Banner's origin movie was distributed by Universal Studios, who had the distribution rights to the character, but not the ability to make a movie about the character himself—those particular rights still belonged to Marvel Studios.

Universal has leveraged this over the years by not letting Marvel Studios release a project based solely on the green angry giant, as Marvel Studios/Disney would not allow a different studio to distribute the title.

With She-Hulk on the horizon , fans thought things might have changed. Yet, with Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner still active, there continued to be no Hulk solo project. Thankfully, it seems that's about to change.

The GWW has learned that Marvel Studios has a "solo" Hulk film in active development which is going by the title of World War Hulk . The film is currently slated to start production in late 2022, after the debut of She-Hulk on Disney+.

With a production date in 2022, the movie would likely be set for a late-2023 or early-to-mid-2024 release.

It would definitely be good to get a Hulk movie with Ruffalo. I am not carzy about the World War Hulk story, but then again the MCU seems to really improve the ideas over how they were in the comics. Still, I think they could mine better material to begin with.

I see Universal deciding they need to make a Hulk movie ASAP after hearing this news. They arent Sony and will be tough to play ball with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter