Marvel Day at Sea - Dream - 12-17 January 2024 - Quick Report

Calantha

DIS Veteran
Hello All,

Here's a short write up from our MDAS cruise last week:
  • We flew in the night before and stayed at the Homewood Suites near the airport. Do not recommend. We're going to try the Residence Inn next time. I was very disappointed, since I love the Suites in Port Canaveral. 😒
  • We Uber-ed to the port (pick up at 11:15), it was $35 before tip for an XL.
  • Our PAT was 11:45, we arrived at about 11:35, and walked right in (no lines).
  • Security was fast and they had already started calling boarding groups when we sat down in the waiting area. I think we waited about 10 minutes for them to call Group 7.
  • Rooms were ready at 1:30 and most of our luggage arrived in the first hour. We didn't get our last bag though until after dinner.
  • All-Aboard Drill took FOREVER and a girl a few rows down passed out (we were outside on Deck 4).
  • Our dining rotation was RRAAE, with the 2nd night being Marvel and the 3rd night being Pirate.
  • The ship was a crush everywhere - at the pool deck and for any character meet and greets in particular.
  • Mickey churro waffles were on Cozumel day
  • They didn't have turkey bacon out in Cabanas like they did on the Fantasy, but every morning when we asked for some, they made some fresh. Also, we can't usually get turkey sausage on the last morning at sit-down, but our head waiter got it for us anyway.
  • Hot tub was hot (and awesome when no one else was in it)
  • Activities of Note:
    • Ultimate Snorkeling by Yacht (CZ00) on Cozumel. It was not worth it at all in my opinion. The crew was nice and there was only one other family, but it wasn't worth the price. I've had much better experiences for half the cost.
    • Remy dessert experience. It was nice to try, but I like Palo brunch better. The fruit desserts were really good, but the chocolate ones were too chocolatey for me.
    • Dr. Strange Academy. Fun little show on Marvel Day.
    • I heard Loki was at some of the Asgard meetings, but we had Thor and Jane Foster, so I was disappointed by that.
    • Castaway was beautiful - some of the best weather I think.
  • Uber-ed back to the airport in an XL for about $45, I suspect some sort of surge pricing.
Happy to elaborate on anything if anyone has questions!

I’m sorry I don’t know how to look this up for a cruise that’s over - what was your departure port? Mostly wondering about the hotel and the distance/travel time port to airport, for future reference! Thanks!

I’m sorry I don’t know how to look this up for a cruise that’s over - what was your departure port? Mostly wondering about the hotel and the distance/travel time port to airport, for future reference! Thanks!
No worries. We departed from Port Everglades. The port/hotel/airport were all less than 20 min from each other with moderate traffic. "no traffic time" is closer to 10 minutes, but I don't know if that ever happens.

No worries. We departed from Port Everglades. The port/hotel/airport were all less than 20 min from each other with moderate traffic. "no traffic time" is closer to 10 minutes, but I don't know if that ever happens.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter