Marriotts grand vista or Hilton Grand vacations

LOLA2

TINK<br><font color=9966ff> I never heard of not t
Has anyone stayed at Marriotts Grand Vista or Hiltons Grand Vacations on International Drive.

The pictures look beautiful, but you never know. For comparison sake I have stayed at both Orange Lakes Country Club and Horizons. Liked them both.

Thanks for any input.

LOLA2 said:
Has anyone stayed at Marriotts Grand Vista or Hiltons Grand Vacations on International Drive.

The pictures look beautiful, but you never know. For comparison sake I have stayed at both Orange Lakes Country Club and Horizons. Liked them both.

Thanks for any input.

Lola -- we just got back from Grande Vista --- we own a week there. We are not timeshare junkies, but for our money this place is perfect. Do some research and ask for a new or newly remodeled building -- we've never had a problem in any of them but the only negative comments I've ever heard about MGV have concerned units that need some remodeling. In any case, the public areas are well-maintained, well-designed, and absolutely gorgeous, in our opinion, with lush vegetation and well-maintained landscaping, etc.

I posted some pictures taken last week in the Grande Vista review thread in the "reviews" section you can get to at the top of the "Orlando Hotels and Attractions" thread page. Check them out, and I'll be happy to try to answer any other questions you might have.

We stayed at Grande Vista last April in a 2BR right near the main pool area. It is a beautiful resort, looked like the photos to me! We loved our villa, dh loved it so much he didn't want to move to the Poly for the last 1/2 of our stay! We are staying at HGVC Sea World in Sept. and I have heard great things about it. From everything I read, Horizons is a "lesser" Marriott vacacation club property, so the GV should be very nice compared to Horizons.

If a pool with slides is important, Horizons has pool slides, a small water park, and a miniature golf course. It's a lot like a Disney resort when it comes to themed pools with slides.

If you're going to be in the room a lot, Marriott Grande Vista is nice if you get a new building. Some of the nonrefurbished rooms are pretty tired, though. You can get an idea about the tired rooms by reading trip advisor. The reviews run from great to horrible on trip advisor and the bad ones are when they get put in an old nonrefurbished unit. But the refurbished or new buildings are nice.

We own at HGVC and have stayed at both SW and International Dr the resorts are great you will not be disappointed. International Drive is very elegant has a main pool and a kids pool and SW is very homey has three pools (main with waterfall, pool for volleyball and adult pool which is very peaceful) i think my favorite is SW or maybe International Dr (LOL) Both are great. Both are close to Groc Store and Freeway and to all the restraurants on International Drive. Have never stayed at MGV but it's a Marriotts so I am sure it is just as great as HGVC. I don't think you can go wrong with either If I can answer any questions on HGVC just PM me or reply here and I will check back

To me it is kind of like asking which do you like better chocolate cake or brownies!! They are both that good.

Bella the Ball 360 said:
To me it is kind of like asking which do you like better chocolate cake or brownies!! They are both that good.

I agreed.

I preferred the SW hgvc - but I love SW.

do you like to shop?

if you do I would go with HGVC it is next door to a big outlet mall. Premium Outlet mall. It is across the street from a Publix.

It is closer to WDW using the back roads.

the HGVC is a lovely resort.

Now MGV was too - but this last time I got a room that needed rehab badly - but it was not the problem. the halls and elevators were dirty..... they never once the entire time we stayed there clean these things. the pool was dirty - kids jumping in the pool from the dirty hall....

so I don't know anymore.

now I have been told that Cypress Harbour does not do this. but each Marriott is individual managed. The manager at the MGV does not care about upkepting all the units....

they have been working on this rehab for YEARS now - does that tell you anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter