• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marriott Village

LJP

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any experience with the Marriott Village - in particular the Fairfield Inn? We're booking our summer holidays last minute and have had to change from the far East to WDW :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc - can't you tell I'm so sad about this!!!!
Seem to have a good deal through Funway travel for 14 nights leaving in 4 weeks but would like some more info on the hotel.

Thanks a lot and WDW here we come!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lynn

I presume you mean the one near Premium Outlet Mall off the between 535 and International Drive.

I haven't stayed at the Fairfield but stayed at the Springhill Suites the early part of last year. I would imagine they are much the same as they are all Marriott. Our suite had 2 double beds, sofa bed, fridge, desk and microwave as well as a walk-in shower (no bath) also had a complimenary breakfast which was great and very filling.

Hope this helps

AlexE

Thanks AlexE -

It is the ones opposite Premium Outlet Mall. DH and I are a bit nervous about driving in Orlando -I remember that the I Drive trolley buses stopped at the Mall - could you get public transport quite easily from the hotel?
I do like the sound of the breakfast too - thanks for the tip.

Lynn

The Marriott village is within walking distance of Premium Outlet - about 5 mins but in the heat it might be best to use the car, if not walk in the evening there has been pathways put in quite recently and the shops are open late

From memory there are various eating places at the Marriott Village can't recall the names though. Me and DH shave tayed at the Courtyard along Palm Park Way and Hotel Plaza Boulevard as well as the Springhill in the Marriott vollage and had no cause for complaint. We might stay at the Spring Hill at the end of September, still under discussion.

I have never stayed along International Drive, only Lake Buena Vista, Kissimmee, US192, US27 area.

If you are not too experienced with driving in Florida, its a piece of cake, my husband wasn't too keen his first time but would never go back to relying on courtesy buses, cabs or trolley etc. Most drivers are tourists, same as you and are very courteous - driving on the 192 is no comparison to M25 or M23.

Hope this helps and have a great time

AlexE

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter