Marriott Grande Vista

mike14450

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the Marriott Grande Vista in March. This is our first visit to the GV and we are wondering about the pools. Our kids (5&7) love swimming and water slides - how do the pools fare for kids? What kind of kid activities can we expect? I've read other comments about the resort and they all sound very positive.

Thanks!

I haven't been yet, but we are staying at the Grand Vista for an upcoming trip. From info I've gathered, there are about 3 pools there, a main and two "quiet" pools. There is a kiddie pool as well as an interactive water play area (I'm thinking much like the ones you see at the Marketplace and in Epcot, fountains that the kids run through and play). Also, there is a kiddie play area along the lines of a McDonald's. Keep in mind, this is all hearsay!

Sharon

Why did you both choose the Grande Vista over the Marriott Cypress Harbour? I can't decide which one of those two properties to stay at. I would love to hear your imput.:p

Hi lex.carter,

My main reason for selecting the GV was the price. Also, all we need is a 1 bedroom villa as my children are still toddlers. From the research I've done, I've heard Cypress Harbour is comparable in quality. However, CH has only 2 bedroom villas. GV has a mixture similar to DVC...studio, 1BR, 2BR, and 3BR.

Hope this helps!:)

Sharon

Hi Sharon,
Thanks for the reply. I have a 10 year old who wants his own bedroom. So we definately need a 2brm. We got a rate of $185 a night through the Marriott Vacation Club for a 2brm. I feel better when I can rent directly from the hotel. Unless I know the discounter, like expedia and travelocity. We know someone who buys points every year from a reputable disney vacation club owner. We could have stayed at the old key west resort. We almost did that and we would have paid around $110 a night for a studio, but we needed the space.
Take care,
Diane

Hi,

We'll be there in less than 2 weeks. Any recommendations for what type / location of room to ask for?

Freqfly,

Disclaimer: I have not stayed at the Marriott Grande Vista. However, my own research found that bldgs. 80 and 81 are near the main pool, which can be noisy. Bldgs. 91 &92 are the newest while bldgs. 97 & 98 are near a quiet pool. If you made your res at the Marriott website, the room preferences they list deal primarily with smoking or non, and room locations ground, lobby level, near elevator, high floor, etc. Not pool view, golf view, etc.

Hope this helps! Please let us know how you enjoyed the resort and post a message after your visit!

Sharon

lex.carter aka Diane,

Recently I rechecked the rates on Marriott.com. They have Cypress Harbour advertised for $157/night. If you are an AAA member, the cost might be lower. For the GV, we were at a $143/night promotional rate but a recheck revealed an AAA rate of $122. I rebooked quickly!

Just FYI,

Sharon

Sharon,

What an amazing deal! Well, I booked through hotelkingdom.com for the Sheraton Vistana Village at $135 a night. They have a 10.90 a night cancellation fee, so I think I'm stuck with what I have. I'm going the first week of March. Please let me know how the Marriott was and I'll let you know how the Sheraton is.
Take care,
Diane

Originally posted by lex.carter
Sharon,

What an amazing deal! Well, I booked through hotelkingdom.com for the Sheraton Vistana Village at $135 a night. They have a 10.90 a night cancellation fee, so I think I'm stuck with what I have. I'm going the first week of March. Please let me know how the Marriott was and I'll let you know how the Sheraton is.
Take care,
Diane

It's a deal!:D BTW, I did visit inlaws that were staying at Vistana back in '95. LOTS of space! Of course, I don't know how many different sections they have within Vistana, but I know they were pleased. Have a great trip in March! We'll be coming there the second week.

Sharon

I just got back yesterday from a week at the Grande Vista. WOW! Even as a traveller with platinum status with Marriott, it far exceeded my expectations! The rooms were huge, the ceilings were about 8' tall at least, and the location was exceptionally quiet. (I had a top-floor, end room).

I found the staff to be especially helpful. And the kids (aged 3 to 13) went nuts for the pool complex. Plus, there were a lot of extras I didn't expect, like the fun quad bicycle my wife and kids rented for a ride around the property.

I give the place my highest recommendation.

freqfly - thanks for the update. We will be in a 2 bedroom 3/13-21 (our first visit) and are happy to read your post. BTW, does the GV have a shuttle to WDW? Do you have a recommendation on the building to stay in?

Thanks - Mike

Freqfly,

Glad to hear you had such a good time there! Thank you for coming back and posting about your experience. BTW, which building did you end up in?

Sharon

I believe we were in building 91. The buildings closest to the main pool were not being rented out at that time.

I don't believe there is an on-property shuttle to WDW; we had rented a car (we used L&M, a local agency and had a brand-new minivan for $cheap!) I was happy with how little traffic we encountered when driving around Orlando. We zipped to WDW in about 18 minutes or so.

Originally posted by freqfly
I just got back yesterday from a week at the Grande Vista. WOW! Even as a traveller with platinum status with Marriott, it far exceeded my expectations! The rooms were huge, the ceilings were about 8' tall at least, and the location was exceptionally quiet. (I had a top-floor, end room).

I found the staff to be especially helpful. And the kids (aged 3 to 13) went nuts for the pool complex. Plus, there were a lot of extras I didn't expect, like the fun quad bicycle my wife and kids rented for a ride around the property.

I give the place my highest recommendation.

Just a few questions if you don't mind ...
- is there maid service?
- how convenient was it to IOA/USF?
- was it clean?

Maid service is provided for those paying a daily rate. This was a pleasant surprise, as I had heard there is no maid service. There is none for timeshare owners.

The whole place was completely clean - if you don't count the daily whirlwind that my family produced!

It was about a 15 minute drive to Universal Orlando (Islands/Studio).

The Grand Vista called me this week...our friend bought a timeshare. They offered us a 1 bedroom for 4 nights for $249.00. Then hearing we have 3 daughters they offered a 2 BR for $449. total for 4 nights. Then she said if ew come before the end of May we can have teh 2 Br for $199.00 total plus if we do a 90 min tour get free Seaworld or Univeral ticket. Now we just got back from WDW 2 weeks ago.... we have an AP.Hmmmmmm.:smooth:

MAKMom...do you have to be referred by someone to get the $249 for 4 nights rate for a 1 bedroom? We are going in March and staying there, but renting on a nightly basis. Would you receive daily maid service?

TIA,

Sharon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter