Marriott Grande Vista- Current capacity limits?

haPevraftr

DIS Veteran
We have 10 days booked April 1-11 at Marriott Grande Vista ( First night in a 2 bedroom then 9 nights in a 3 bedroom lock-off). For a few months, I had been checking for lower rates and rebooking (knowing that booking direct with Marriott is not our cheapest option but with COVID, it’s the best option if a last minute cancellation is necessary). A few weeks ago, we decided to add a night and arrive on April 1. They claimed they were unable to add the night in a 3 bedroom and get me the “stay longer” rate so I just booked a two bedroom for the night and had been checking back to see if 3 bedroom availability changed for the length of my stay, so I could rebook. There had been no 3 bedroom availability, but suddenly today, there is also no 2 bedroom availability either. I know my dates span the length of two typical stays and if I just search within the second week, there is availability, so all rooms aren’t totally booked, but it still made me stop and think. Does anyone know if Marriott Grande Vista is limiting their check in capacity or are they booking all rooms in all buildings? I know it is spring break and in any other year, I would not be surprised if the resort was full. But, with COVID, it never occurred to me that the resort would be full. And if it is, that makes me concerned about adequate seating at the pool. We are just planning to spend the time at the resort and relax. I want to make sure we can do that with adequate social distancing. Does anyone know more or have recent experience?

Last edited:
I wouldn't read too much into it-it is a timeshare and availability will change as owners deposit their week or change check in days etc. Owners will get priority over renters in choosing and getting their preferred units.
We stayed at Marriott GV in August and most buildings were still closed, at Marriott Cypress Harbor over Thanksgiving this past year and only a few buildings were open/occupied-at a normally very busy time. The staff at both places were fantastic and plenty of distance seating at the pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter