• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marriage Licenses!!!

morozco5

Mouseketeer
It's almost that time to request it!!! I am wondering how it's done though. We are coming down from Chicago and don't know if we should do that here or apply for a FL license and do the legal down there too... how does all that work????!!!???:confused3

You just need a FL marriage license. If not you'd need to do another ceremony back home later. You can do them by mail in advance thru Brevard County Fl (just google it) or you can do it in person when you arrive in FL. Not sure if you have time for the mail option but if you do it will save you valuable trip time! I wouldn't pay for a company that will do it thru the mail for you - you can do it just as easily cheaper!

Oh - just saw you're over 3 months - for some reason I just saw the 3 weeks. Definitely do Brevard County FL - simple and inexpensive. Go ahead and send in the application this month.

We are getting married in Feb and when we called they said you just needed to show up and get the license. There is no waiting period in Fl.

We are getting married in Feb and when we called they said you just needed to show up and get the license. There is no waiting period in Fl.
For non-residents, I as a FL resident had to wait 3 days.

Stupid question, but if going through Brevard County (which seems a LOT easier than paying a company, like disprincess said), how would we get it back to the office? Can it be mailed or does it need to be delivered by hand? Again, sorry for the dumb question!!

How many months before the wedding would you recommend applying for the marriage license?

We are interested in doing the whole thing by mail if possible, in hopes to avoid having to go to the courthouse in person.

The license is only valid for 60 days, so 2 months before the wedding is as far ahead as you can apply.

Stupid question, but if going through Brevard County (which seems a LOT easier than paying a company, like disprincess said), how would we get it back to the office? Can it be mailed or does it need to be delivered by hand? Again, sorry for the dumb question!!

It can be mailed. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter