Marrakesh Restaurant???

jaysue

DIS Veteran
Has anyone on the board eaten there? Any feedback? I do like Near East/Middle East food but would like to hear candid feedback on this restaurant if possible

thanks!
Jason

this was a pleasant surprise! we had never eaten moroccoan food, but was adventurous. and glad we were! give it a try. you will probably not even need PS's!:p

We've eaten both dinner and lunch there (the latter is a good bit less expensive) and have been entertained by a belly dancer and a musician both times. The setting is beautiful and very elegant, and we thought the food was great. My favorites are the chicken bastilla (sp?) and beef brewat rolls appetizers and the iced mint tea. Can't wait to go back there!

There is a belly dancer. I was pulled out of my seat to belly dance with the dancer. They also will pull children out to belly dance. There is someone playing an instrument that must be Morrocan that I cannot identify. It makes a strange kind of beautiful music that the dancer moves to. It looks like some form of guitar/bango/harp thing. Sorry, I'm not up on the names of instruments. But there is entertainment and it is interesting.

I highly recommend Restaurant Marrakesh....good food and entertainment. I love couscous and always have to have it on my plate when I am there. I do have a tip for you though......if you don't want to be picked out and brought up onstage to belly dance, you better not gawk at the belly dancer like I have done on occasion. She is so beautiful that I can't help myself. The next thing I know, I get pulled onstage to dance with her and that is embarrassing for a clod like me! :D :D

Its probably the only restaurant we MUST go to for each trip. We usually end up there twice - once for our PS (which we made because we had to go there) and another time when we don't have a PS - because it isn't very popular and is usually pretty easy to get into at the last minute.

We had lunch there about a week ago. Got a noon ps at about 9 that morning. We had a great table near the center "stage" area. I'm not sure whether my sons, 14 and 17, were gawking at the belly dancer but she brought them up and taught them a few moves. I have some wonderful pictures.

The food was very good but the bastilla was not as good as at our local Morrocan restaurant where we could just skip the entrees and keep eating it. The Pastry Symphony for dessert looked like the most boring dessert on the menu but turned out to be 4 or 5 different baklavas with different nuts - very yummy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter