Marina Village next to Atlantis?

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

Have you ever been to the Marina Village (next to Atlantis) in Nassau? What can you tell me about it?

Are vendors agressive? Did you feel like the area was safe or not?

Did you have lunch over there? Any restaurant you'd recommend? (affordable or mid-range, no fish or sea food please)

We're going on a cruise that stops to Nassau and I've been thinking of visiting Atlantis (just a visit, no aquaventure because I am travelling with seniors and a husband that is trying to stay away from the sun as much as possible) and after 4 stops in Nassau, I still haven't visited Atlantis and my MIL and FIL are very intrigued by it.

Any informations you could give me will be extremely helpful!

Thanks in advance!

I stayed at Atlantis for a week in 2013. The marina village is very nice and very safe. I actually thought it was owned by Atlantis since it was so well kept up. Even the little shopping district across the street feels much safer than the island of Nassau itself.

I visit Atlantis annually. The Marina Village is nice, but its pretty quiet during the day. The fine dining restaurants will not be open, and some of the casual ones may be closed too. The area is really intended as a nighttime dining/shopping spot for Atlantis guests. Its nothing like the straw market...its more of an outdoor shopping mall, but a small one at that. If you've been to Disney Springs recently, its a bit like that, but much, much smaller, and less open during the day. But it will be peaceful and quiet, and no hawking vendors.
Big fans of Margaritaville (anywhere) here. Isn't it a bit outside of the Village?
Its across the street from the Marina Village....maybe 150 yards from Marina Village entrance. We usually eat there once or twice during a 7 night vacation at Atlantis.. Food is okay...sometimes disappointing, but its a great outdoor setting on the harbor/pier with decent prices and good drinks.

https://www.margaritavillebahamas.com/welcome

There are a few place inside of Atlantis that have lunch. Disboard search is not working correctly right now, otherwise I'd point you to a post that I outlined the lunch options. if you want alternatives to Margaritaville, let me know.

I visit Atlantis annually. The Marina Village is nice, but its pretty quiet during the day. The fine dining restaurants will not be open, and some of the casual ones may be closed too. The area is really intended as a nighttime dining/shopping spot for Atlantis guests. Its nothing like the straw market...its more of an outdoor shopping mall, but a small one at that. If you've been to Disney Springs recently, its a bit like that, but much, much smaller, and less open during the day. But it will be peaceful and quiet, and no hawking vendors.

Its across the street from the Marina Village....maybe 150 yards from Marina Village entrance. We usually eat there once or twice during a 7 night vacation at Atlantis.. Food is okay...sometimes disappointing, but its a great outdoor setting on the harbor/pier with decent prices and good drinks.

https://www.margaritavillebahamas.com/welcome

There are a few place inside of Atlantis that have lunch. Disboard search is not working correctly right now, otherwise I'd point you to a post that I outlined the lunch options. if you want alternatives to Margaritaville, let me know.

Thank you!

We'll be travelling with seniors so if the Village is quiet during the day, then it's perfect. :) The images I've seen remind me of Disney Springs a bit.

Basically we are looking for a nice stroll, maybe candy and ice cream shops, and a nice place to have some drinks and snacks/appetizers.

Do you know if they sell Tortuga Rum Cakes in the area?

My husband and I are quite fond of Margaritaville for some mysterious reasons. We love the music and I love the Watermelon Hydrator drink. :)

Thank you!

We'll be travelling with seniors so if the Village is quiet during the day, then it's perfect. :) The images I've seen remind me of Disney Springs a bit.

Basically we are looking for a nice stroll, maybe candy and ice cream shops, and a nice place to have some drinks and snacks/appetizers.

My husband and I are quite fond of Margaritaville for some mysterious reasons. We love the music and I love the Watermelon Hydrator drink. :)
The one worry I have with your plan is that I'm not sure what's open during the day in the Marina Village. I'm **assuming** that all the shops are open to serve cruisers passing through Atlantis, but I've never personally been in the Village at that time of day. Maybe someone can confirm that the shops will be open in midday.

Anyway, rum cakes are sold in many of the shops, but I don't recall which brand/s. I don't think there's a dedicated Rum Cake store in the area anymore (there used to be one in the Marina Village).

There's a Ben and Jerry's in the Village. There's also an ice cream counter in the lobby of the Coral Towers (Sun and Ice), which is accessible to the public....that's probably where you'l get on/off a taxi. There's also a Starbucks in the lower lobby of the Coral Tower and a Dunkin Donuts in the smaller strip-mall/shopping center across from the Marina Village.

There's a candy-by-the-pound shop in the Village too (Oh Sugar!).

Margaritaville is probably the right place for snacks, apps, and drinks. There's usually taxi drivers lined up in the parking lot to take you back to the ship.

Thank you!

I do not recall which rum cakes were available the last time I was in the Atlantis area. However, last spring there was a vendor on the little area you go through to reboard the ship that did have Tortuga Rum Cakes specifically.

The one worry I have with your plan is that I'm not sure what's open during the day in the Marina Village. I'm **assuming** that all the shops are open to serve cruisers passing through Atlantis, but I've never personally been in the Village at that time of day. Maybe someone can confirm that the shops will be open in midday.

Anyway, rum cakes are sold in many of the shops, but I don't recall which brand/s. I don't think there's a dedicated Rum Cake store in the area anymore (there used to be one in the Marina Village).

There's a Ben and Jerry's in the Village. There's also an ice cream counter in the lobby of the Coral Towers (Sun and Ice), which is accessible to the public....that's probably where you'l get on/off a taxi. There's also a Starbucks in the lower lobby of the Coral Tower and a Dunkin Donuts in the smaller strip-mall/shopping center across from the Marina Village.

There's a candy-by-the-pound shop in the Village too (Oh Sugar!).

Margaritaville is probably the right place for snacks, apps, and drinks. There's usually taxi drivers lined up in the parking lot to take you back to the ship.

I've checked the opening hours of all the places I think we could visit (The Burger Shack, Margaritaville, Ben and Jerry's ...) So far so good. Sounds like everything will be open while we are there. :cool1:

Oh Sugar! sounds good too. :)

I do not recall which rum cakes were available the last time I was in the Atlantis area. However, last spring there was a vendor on the little area you go through to reboard the ship that did have Tortuga Rum Cakes specifically.

There's a Tortuga Rum Cakes shop in the port. I was just trying to avoid extra mileage. :P

There's a Tortuga Rum Cakes shop in the port. I was just trying to avoid extra mileage. :P

I mean in the actual port area. You know how you go through that small vendor area as you go back to the ship? You will walk right past the rum cake vendor (assuming they are there). You would not need to go out to Bay Street.

I mean in the actual port area. You know how you go through that small vendor area as you go back to the ship? You will walk right past the rum cake vendor (assuming they are there). You would not need to go out to Bay Street.

Ah, I did not know they had a stand there. I've never actually stopped to look at what they had. Good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter