Mardi Gras

pjank

Earning My Ears
I will be at Universal starting 2/16, the first day of Mardi Gras. Has anyone been there during that time? What is it like? What can I expect?
Thanks,
Patti J

Hi Patti,

Here is some info. off Universal's site. I have not been to mardi gras yet myself but there are quite a few posts from people that have. You can do a search (upper right hand corner just type in mardi gras)
Feb. 16 - Mar. 17
Park Opens 9am Daily
It's the biggest celebration this side of the Big Easy. 30 days of family fun featuring:
LIVE music nightly, with superstar concerts every Saturday
NEW! 13 floats in a spectacular parade
GLITTERING beads and doubloons
DAZZLING performers
Cajun Creole Cuisine and more!
The party continues at CityWalk!

Every night the Mardi Gras festivities are topped off with a spectacular parade that winds its way through the park. Eager crowds line the streets to watch the procession of colorful floats direct from New Orleans, and to catch handfuls of glittering beads and doubloons offered by the parade's performers, stilt walkers and costumed float riders.

End your evening on a high note! Enjoy live music every night of Mardi Gras.
Patti LaBelle - Sat 2/17
Village People - Sat 2/24
Luis Fonsi - Sat 3/03
bond - Fri 3/09
The B-52's - Sat 3/10
Blues Traveler - Sat 3/17
Lisa Z. & The Funhouse - Wednesdays-Fridays, Sundays
Reverend PP Pettibone and the Funky Blues Messiahs - Mondays & Tuesdays

:D

jessica5.gif

Linda I am so clue;ess as to who Bond is! I went to napster to look and downloaded some tunes...will have to listen. I'll let ya know:)

jessica5.gif

I seem to remember bond as being a group of 4 or five women that sing sort of Celtic songs. Kind of like Enya, I think. I could be way off though, so take with a grain of salt. :)

Aloha,

Always the one to do things the hard way, I ordered a bond CD from Tower Records so I could hear them. It is on back order! But if I get it before we leave, I will let you know what it is like. :)

on CDNOW they list the group as:::

An all female string quartet managed by Vanessa Mae's manager. Word on the street is
that these girls are the instrumental version of the Spice Girls.

>>>>>>>> is this the one?
I havnet been able to find anything on napster as they all have been coming up soundtracks for James bond

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter