March Break ~ How are you keeping the kids busy?

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
Do you have any non-Disney plans for keeping the kids occupied next week? Maybe a ski trip, a day or two at Niagara Falls, a visit to the indoor midway at SkyDome?

What adventures do you have in store for them? :)

Kim :)

Ive planned an activity for each day (tentativly ?sp). I thought I'd let the kids know each morning what the plan was. Sun. tobbogoning....Mon. indoor glow in the dark mini putt....Tues. Movie, Jungle book2.....Wed. swimming....Thurs. bowling....Fri.skating...
I hope to keep my sanity....but I sure wish I were in Disney instead!!
Karen

Unfortunately, I have to work (need money for our next cruise and of course our jount over Easter Weekend!) Hopefully they will keep her occupied enough!LOL

Of course, there is the side trip to the Dentist!LOL

I think we all wish we could spend March Break in WDW!

Only in our Dreams!LOL

Scratch
:smooth:

HI! Today we went to Stage West to see the Winnie the Pooh show. I am so proud of my kids! They are certainly well behaved! They both smiled the entire time! Tonight I am working on my Disney scrapbook. Tomorrow we REST. Monday, I am taking dd, ds and dd's friend to RFC and DS. Tuesday is packing day and Wed/Thu/Fri is living the life of luxury in Niagara Falls. The weekend before the kids go back I'll be setting up classes, laundry, getting everyone ready for school. S

Karen, indoor glow in the dark mini putt? I've never heard of that, but it sounds like something kids would really enjoy! :)

You've got your week very organized, Sandra. :) Sounds great, especially the "living the life of luxury" part. Have a fun time in Niagara Falls. :)

A trip to the dentist, Janet? :teeth:

I have a 16 year old DS -- the only planning I need to do is stock the fridge. :p

I actually miss going to the zoo, tobaganning etc. He's a great kid though. At this point it takes him no time at all to turn his clock around. Yesterday he got up at around 5pm and his friends arrived around 9pm. Have to admit that I have no idea what time they finally went to bed but don't expect them to get up til this afternoon. They play video games and music in the basement so I know where they are though.

Next weekend will be interesting though as he will have to get ready to get up Monday morning.:p

Cdnmickeylover

Cdnmickeylover ~ I remember being a teenager sleeping in until 4pm and then getting up and hanging with my friends. It was a good rest to get all that sleep. I spent hours with my friends at coffee shops talking about life ~ it was where I learned a lot about the person I was and the person I wanted to become. We did not know it at the time, but we where talking about Philosophy and finding ourselves. Teen years are magic, it's too bad we don't think so at the time. As my kids grow up I think I'll miss the zoo too. Chat soon! S

Sandra -- I remember those days too and I don't fuss at my DS as my mother did to me. I think it's great that he gets together with his friends and just 'hangs' as he puts it. He's great about letting me know where he's going to be and when he's going to be back although he and his friends spend a lot of time at my house. He also works part time at the local Montana's so he's pretty responsible.

At least while I'm at work I know where he is. :p

The only thing I'd wish different is that he was a clean freak rather than a horrible slob but we can't have everything I guess.

:p

Cdnmickeylover

Like cdnmickeylover it's easy for me too...the 2 kids I have left at home ar both teenagers (15 & 17) and all they want to do is sleep ;) ...enjoy them while they're young...they grow up too fast :( . I used to love planning things for Spring Break for my kids. My other DS (19) is at WLU in Waterloo & we haven't seen him since Christmas...I miss him soooo much. His last exam is March 24th & I can't wait to pick him up.

I loved the days when they were young and all with me :)

Snowwark...the putting edge is a franchise, I believe it's in Canada and the US. The kids have fun at it...they try to wear white so they'll really glow. They do birthday parties too. I think its expensive though...8.50/adult....5.00/child. We had a special rate thru work of 6.50 for today. they have a website...its www.putting-edge.com
I picked up tickets for the 12:45 Jungle Book 2 movie tomorrow...there weren't too many kid friendly movies to pick from.
TTFN,
Karen

dd loves glow in the dark golf. She has been to several birthday parties there. I made a big mistake of wearing a light shirt ~ my bra glowed for an hour. S

LOL...thets funny Sandra...Ill have to keep that in mind if we go in t-shirt weather. (If T-shirt weather EVER comes!!!)
:):)
Karen

Thank you for the link, Karen! :) I see they have a location in Burlington, I should go try it. Who knows, I may do better at GITD mini putt then I do at gutterball...I mean bowling! ;) :)

Sandra, my brother and his kids are staying in Niagara Falls tonight and tomorrow. Have a great time! :)

Awww...DisneyLisa, I'm glad you're going to see your eldest DS son! :)

I remember those days of sleeping in, but 4 o'clock!!! :eek: LOL...I don't think I was allowed to stay in bed past noon! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter