March 7th-9th 2011: Some advice needed :)

mollies_mum

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I'm thinking of sneaking a little trip to DLP for my daughter's birthday Monday 7th March to Wednesday 9th March before we go to WDW in October. I've just priced it up and it's definitely a possibility :goodvibes
Can anyone shed any light on crowds? I know there are no schools in the UK off as half term has already been and gone but what about the French schools?
Also are there any cheap hotels next to the Eurostar stations at either London or Ashford?
If you phone Disney to book how much is the deposit? I know that if you do it online you have to pay it all.
Any other comments about this time of year would be very much appreciated, thanks :thumbsup2

There is info in the FAQ sticky about school holidays and it looks as though the local schools arent off that week.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1008857

Weather can be hit and miss in March - can be really hot and sunny, or wet, or cold so be prepared

There are travel lodges very close to St Pancras Station and a Premier Inn - I stayed at one of the travel lodges last weekend and it was fine.

There is also a travel lodge in Ashford and also a premier inn

Thanks for your reply, the weather doesn't really bother me especially after doing the first week in January last year, I've never been so cold in my whole life.... :lmao:
I'll have a look at that link and at the hotels you mentioned, thanks again :thumbsup2

If you phone Disney to book, you only pay 10%, then you pay the rest 60 days before you go :).

i went the week after you are going this year and it was busier than when i had been during halloween and christmas. no idea why?

i would have a look at some trip reports of the same time you are looking at to get an idea of the crowds

i went the week after you are going this year and it was busier than when i had been during halloween and christmas. no idea why?

i would have a look at some trip reports of the same time you are looking at to get an idea of the crowds

Do you mean the week of christmas and the week of Halloween or just those seasons in general?

Do you mean the week of christmas and the week of Halloween or just those seasons in general?

the seasons in general, i only go during off peak times and march was by far the busiest. thats not to say its busy by someone elses standards i am just not used to queues :lmao:

We have had several trips around that time in March - birthday celebrations, the busiest was in 2009, I have never seen March so busy, I put it down to people taking advantage of good weather, free kids places and free extra nights offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter