March 6-9, 2 PPO ADRs, disney after dark

Miskey

DIS Veteran
My adult daughter and I are back from a short, but really fun trip . We only decided to go 2 days before leaving. Booked a room at All Star Sports and bought the 4 day ticket that Disney had on special at the time. Booked ADRs and fastpasses during the 12 hour drive over on Sunday. We did bring a second set of magic bands from a previous trip, which we did use for same day fastpasses.

It was obvious when we arrived at the hotel, from all the decorated megaphones hanging in the windows, that there was a large cheerleader event taking place, but it was a non issue, because I barely saw them, and did not hear them at night.

We used Disney Transportation twice (Ep & MK) and drove our own car twice (AK & HS) Short waits for the busses each time. I HATE preferred parking, and feel it is a ridiculous money grab.

Our Magic Bands worked perfectly

Monday- Epcot
8:10 PPO at Garden Grill - Finished our meal and got downstairs just ahead of the rope drop crowd to ride Soarin. Loved the new version! We then did...
Spaceship Earth (FP)
Test Track (SR)
Mission Space (SDFP)
Character Spot (FP)
& Drank the Beverly :)
We started in Canada and walked around the WS enjoying the Flower and Garden Festival, arriving in America in time for the 5pm Garden Rocks show. (Dennis DeYoung, great show!) Then continued around WS. Went back to the front for...
Soarin (SDFP)
Living w/the Land
Test Track (SR)
met Anna and Elsa
and finally, an 8:15 FP for FEA

Tuesday- Animal Kingdom
Woke up with a sinus headache, so got to the park just in time for our 10:15 ROL dining package at Tusker House. We then rode...
Safari (FP)
Everest x2 (once with FP, once SR)
Kali (FP)
Safari (SDFP)
Everest x2 (once SDFP, once SR)
Tough to Be a Bug (4th FP)
Dinosaur (SDFP)
Then it was time for River of Lights. We absolutely loved the show and thought it was very well done. We were pleased with the seats we had from the dining package.
After the show, we rode the nighttime safari, which was a walk-on

Wednesday- Hollywood Studios
RnR at rope drop
T of T x2 (stand by, then FP)
GMR (SDFP)
Toy Story (FP)
Star Tours (FP)
The Frozen Sing a long, which is hilarious!!
met Olaf
RnR (SR)
T of T x3 (stand by, 4Th FP then SDFP)

Thursday- Magic Kingdom
Just before going to sleep the night before, I check BOG to see about a PPO ADR, and found one for 8:15! We enjoyed our breakfast, then got to ride 7DMT twice before rope drop.
We then rode...
Space Mountain
Buzz (FP)
Carousel of Progress
Transit Authority
Splash (FP)
Pirates (SDFP)
BTMRR (FP)
Haunted Mansion (SDFP)
We then watched Festival of Fantasy Parade before going to the room for a nap.

Disney After Dark- 9-midnight
We got back to the park in time to get a cream cheese pretzel and watch Wishes. After Wishes, we sat in Adventure Land and had a dole whip while waiting for 9 o'clock. We then rode
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Splash (got soaked)
BTMRR x2 (to dry off ;))
Haunted Mansion
Space Mt x2
Buzz x2
7DMT
Small World
Peter Pan
We then took pictures with the floating lanterns, which we didn't even know existed, just happened across as we went to the Rapunzel bathrooms. Love, love this picture!
We did not get popcorn because of the lines, but we did get our fill of ice cream, soda, and water.

Sounds like a great trip! I love spontaneous trips like that - wished we lived closer!

How do you use old magic bands to make additional FP+, not understanding unless the bands were a different name, let me know. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter