March 26, 2006 Wonder -- who's with us?

hsteacher

Mom of a Disney Princess and Prince
Just checking again to see who will be with us. My DS is 14 and is interested in other teens who might also be with us.

hsteacher said:
Just checking again to see who will be with us. My DS is 14 and is interested in other teens who might also be with us.

We'll be on the Wonder March 23-26 and I haven't found anyone else. Bummer.

Well the ship is full so we just have to be patient :) I guess! Im hoping there's a decent amount of teens on the ship. He's had great experiences at our past 4 DC's so we're hoping the Teen Club proves as much fun for him.

I haven't answered your post as of yet because we have no teenagers... but we have two little ones (4 and 2 - and my two year old will be three on the 31st so she will be able to participate in the 3-5 yr. activities). Obviously you enjoy the Disney cruises because I noticed that you've been on them four other times!!! WOW! How old were your boys when you first started?? The other thing I noticed is that you're from Palentine! Not far from us here in WI!! Hope we get to meet on the boat (as my daughter calls it "The Mickey Ship"). Happy sailing!! :tink:

There aren't as many DIS board members on the shorter cruises like on the the 7 night cruises. But there will be a LOT of kids on there, I'm sure! My twin DDs are so excited, but they are 12, so they will be in the Lab. My neighbor went a couple years ago with a 14 and 16 year old and they loved the teen area. I'm sure he will have a great time.
DJ

Well I was excited yesterday! I kept reminding everyone in the family that NEXT MONTH we are going on the Disney Cruise! Now that it is February it is starting to seem closer!

Anyone else getting excited! We booked the Palo Brunch and this will be a first for us (our 7th cruise though). I am really looking forward to that!

DJ

First cruise for us and can't wait!! Our youngest DD will be 12 in April and hoping to find other near teens to hang out with. Am a little worried that she may be too old for the kid oriented activities and may get bored spending time with the parental units. We'll be sailing without our oldest DD who is away at college in S Carolina. Looking forward to hearing from fellow travelers.

3blondes said:
First cruise for us and can't wait!! Our youngest DD will be 12 in April and hoping to find other near teens to hang out with. Am a little worried that she may be too old for the kid oriented activities and may get bored spending time with the parental units. We'll be sailing without our oldest DD who is away at college in S Carolina. Looking forward to hearing from fellow travelers.

My twin DDs are 12 and will be there (our 7th cruise!). PM me if you would like our DDs email before the cruise. That is what they have done in the past with other DIS Kids and they have been able to connect before going so they look for each other that first night in the Lab.

There are kids up to 7th grade in the Lab and my girls love it! I am sure she will have fun. My girls don't go to the Lab all the time. They tend to swim in the mornings, do the lab in the afternoon OR go to a movie. Then do dinner and the show with us and return to the Lab for the evening/late night.

DJ

Thanks for your reply, yes that would be great for the girls to email each other before the cruise. Wow, 7 cruises, how lovely. Perhaps you can give me some advice. I'm new to this mesage board stuff as you can probably tell.

3blondes said:
Thanks for your reply, yes that would be great for the girls to email each other before the cruise. Wow, 7 cruises, how lovely. Perhaps you can give me some advice. I'm new to this mesage board stuff as you can probably tell.

I sent you a PM. You find these by clicking on User CP in the red menu bar towards the top of the page.

As for advice on the cruise, well be prepared to have the time of a life time. Don't miss any of the Disney shows (they are all great)! Take your DD's swimsuit with you onboard (or have her wear it under her clothes, that is what my girls do) because after lunch you might not have your luggage yet and only the kids with swimsuits will be using the pools (and all the others look sadly on at them :worried: ). We didn't do this our first cruise, but have ever since then.

Read this board, you will learn a lot! I didn't know about this board until AFTER our cruise.

Your daughter is going to absolutely love it! My girls would pick the cruise over WDW anytime. We are all hooked (I have cruise number 8 booked already for 2007--you get a better price the earlier you book, so we book the day they open the dates).

Check your PM and let's get our girls together. They have SO much more fun when they make friends onboard. My girls made friends with a girl from Canada onboard the Magic two years ago and they still write to each other!
DJ

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let you know we got our Cruise Documents today! So if you haven't gotten yours yet, I am sure they are coming! Ours came through UPS this time (in the past they were always with Fed Ex).

I can't believe we will be on the cruise in less than 3 weeks! It is getting exciting!

DJ

We are set for the 3/26 Wonder cruise. My DW and I have not been on a cruise in 12 years - so we are very excited. We have a DD who's 10 and a DS who is 7. Both are looking forward to seeing a VERY BIG boat. After the cruise, we are finishing our vacation at WDW. I just hope the weather turns really terrific for our cruise.

I have been cruising the DISboards learning about other peoples past experiences. How wonderful these boards are.

:banana:

ksquard said:
We are set for the 3/26 Wonder cruise. My DW and I have not been on a cruise in 12 years - so we are very excited. We have a DD who's 10 and a DS who is 7. Both are looking forward to seeing a VERY BIG boat. After the cruise, we are finishing our vacation at WDW. I just hope the weather turns really terrific for our cruise.

I have been cruising the DISboards learning about other peoples past experiences. How wonderful these boards are.

:banana:

You kids will love it! My girls have been going since they were 5 (they are 12 now--twins) and they still love it even after all of these times.

My best tip to newbie cruisers with kids is to carry on their swimsuits or have them wear them under their clothes (that is what we do) because after lunch they will want to swim but the only kids in the pool are the ones who have their suits with them. Luggage doesn't always show up quickly (sometimes it is close to 5:00 when it comes).

DJ

Thank you very much. We are excited about the trip. I was perusing the "tips" forums - what a wealth of information. Just this morning, I showed DD and DS what the kids' pool looks like through the pictures. We can't wait. Is it Mar 26th yet?

ksquard :cool1:

ksquard said:
Thank you very much. We are excited about the trip. I was perusing the "tips" forums - what a wealth of information. Just this morning, I showed DD and DS what the kids' pool looks like through the pictures. We can't wait. Is it Mar 26th yet?

ksquard :cool1:

I sent you a PM.
:tink:
DJ

westjones said:
There aren't as many DIS board members on the shorter cruises like on the the 7 night cruises. But there will be a LOT of kids on there, I'm sure! My twin DDs are so excited, but they are 12, so they will be in the Lab. My neighbor went a couple years ago with a 14 and 16 year old and they loved the teen area. I'm sure he will have a great time.
DJ

We have twin daughters who turn twelve on the Wonder on March 27. They will be in the lab, too. It is our first cruise. I am sure they will meet up.

joepoe said:
We have twin daughters who turn twelve on the Wonder on March 27. They will be in the lab, too. It is our first cruise. I am sure they will meet up.

That is so cool! I hope you told DCL when you booked, they will bring them a birthday cake at dinner that night. In the past they have also decorated our door (we celebrated our twins birthday on the cruise six times when we were able to sail in September, now we can't do that any more because they are in middle school).

I bet they will meet up. My twins don't look alike though so they may be harder to spot. One is blonde and one is a brunette.
DJ

joepoe said:

joepoe,
I just sent you a Private Message.
DJ

Hey everbody!

I think it is awesome that 3 of the posters on this thread are all from Illinois and within 20 miles of each other. Wouldn't it be just a hoot if we ran into each other on the cruise at some point?

Have fun on the cruise!

WestJones :wave:,

PM for ya!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter