March 2019 Car Rental Watch

Sure you can, at least if you book it thru Alamo. If you bring your codes from the Costco site (7014627 for the Contract ID) and you can get the coupon code by clicking the Terms and Conditions link, you generally (not always) get the same price and can do the online checkin and skip the counter.

Although I haven't done it, from reading from others here, I was under the impression that if you book thru Costco, you still get an Alamo confirmation number, then could go to the Alamo site and complete the online checkin/skip the counter paperwork...

It deletes the Costco coupon code and you get the rate for just the Costco ID. Always cheaper on Costco site.

It deletes the Costco coupon code and you get the rate for just the Costco ID. Always cheaper on Costco site.

I've never had an issue bringing the Costco coupon code along with the contract ID directly to the Alamo site, book there and get the same rate quoted on Costco travel...unless that's something very recent.

I've never had an issue bringing the Costco coupon code along with the contract ID directly to the Alamo site, book there and get the same rate quoted on Costco travel...unless that's something very recent.
I’ve never had an issue either, we did it the same way.

I usually book my Alamo rental on the Costco site then log into my Alamo Insiders account on the Alamo site. From my Alamo Insiders account, I can link my costco reservation by using the alamo confirmation # that costco provides at their booking. I just went through this process this morning and can confirm that my costco rate appeared and was exactly the same as the rate I booked from the costco site. Once the reservation is associated with my Alamo Insiders account I'm able to complete all the online check-in and skip-the-counter information with no issues at all. So, a little different than inputting the Costco code at the Alamo site but the end result is the same: Great Costco rate plus the ability to check-in online and skip the Alamo counter at the airport :)

I usually book my Alamo rental on the Costco site then log into my Alamo Insiders account on the Alamo site. From my Alamo Insiders account, I can link my costco reservation by using the alamo confirmation # that costco provides at their booking. I just went through this process this morning and can confirm that my costco rate appeared and was exactly the same as the rate I booked from the costco site. Once the reservation is associated with my Alamo Insiders account I'm able to complete all the online check-in and skip-the-counter information with no issues at all. So, a little different than inputting the Costco code at the Alamo site but the end result is the same: Great Costco rate plus the ability to check-in online and skip the Alamo counter at the airport :)

Yes this is exactly how you have to do it. Thanks for clarifying it for everyone. :) Otherwise if you simply try to plug the Costco codes in on the Alamo site it deletes the Costco coupon and just leaves the Costco ID which still gives a discounted rate but not as discounted as that of the Costco site. The way to do this is exactly as described by JenluvsDisney! Thanks!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    349 bytes · Views: 4
...Otherwise if you simply try to plug the Costco codes in on the Alamo site it deletes the Costco coupon and just leaves the Costco ID which still gives a discounted rate but not as discounted as that of the Costco site....

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I've not had an issue making the reservation on Alamo using Costco contract ID AND Costco coupon getting the exact same rate as given on the Costco site. If it knocked the coupon out, I'd go back to the Costco site. Haven't had to do it. Maybe the Alamo site was acting up when you tried it...which has been known to happen.

Yes this is exactly how you have to do it. Thanks for clarifying it for everyone. :) Otherwise if you simply try to plug the Costco codes in on the Alamo site it deletes the Costco coupon and just leaves the Costco ID which still gives a discounted rate but not as discounted as that of the Costco site. The way to do this is exactly as described by JenluvsDisney! Thanks!
Whether Alamo deletes the coupon or not, the rate given if you book with Alamo is the same rate given if you book with Costco. Try it.

I am planning an August trip but got this email today for March/April

Coupon Code: AU6224DJK
Free Upgrade

I can't confirm if there is a costing saving since I am not modeling this month but sharing just in case:
  • Available on Compact and Midsize car classes only.
  • Choose one of these car classes during reservation and get a free upgrade upon vehicle pickup, if available.
  • 1-day minimum rental required and a 27-day maximum applies.
  • Offer valid for travel through April 30, 2019. Vehicle must be returned by April 30, 2019.

4 days out I'm finally seeing some drops...not on Alamo, but Budget has dropped with Costco rates about $20 less than I booked awhile back and about $30 less than what was showing yesterday. Also seeing some Hertz rates that aren't bad...Alamo still showing quite high. Looks like I'll be going with Budget...at least I'm signed up for FastBreak, so it won't be too bad.

What I have now: Budget Standard (full size is the same, but I don't need it) March 9-15 $103.87 base/$174.24 total. Costco (W852802) and one free day (TUGZ052)...

4 days out I'm finally seeing some drops...not on Alamo, but Budget has dropped with Costco rates about $20 less than I booked awhile back and about $30 less than what was showing yesterday. Also seeing some Hertz rates that aren't bad...Alamo still showing quite high. Looks like I'll be going with Budget...at least I'm signed up for FastBreak, so it won't be too bad.

What I have now: Budget Standard (full size is the same, but I don't need it) March 9-15 $103.87 base/$174.24 total. Costco (W852802) and one free day (TUGZ052)...

I came on here to post the same thing. Budget is lowest through Costco. I'm 3/9 a.m - 3/13 pm Intermediate car $162 total. Most car classes were same price. I was previously at a compact for $168. Some of the other companies are still CRAZY high! Will still keep checking up until day of, but satisfied with what I got. Safe travels!

This just goes to show how wacky car rentals can be. This morning I was able to get a Budget rental for $170ish. This afternoon that same rental with the same codes is showing as over $310. Sometimes you just have to be looking at the right time...which reinforces the fact that you need to look frequently as your rental period gets closer.

This just goes to show how wacky car rentals can be. This morning I was able to get a Budget rental for $170ish. This afternoon that same rental with the same codes is showing as over $310. Sometimes you just have to be looking at the right time...which reinforces the fact that you need to look frequently as your rental period gets closer.

No joke! Just looked at mine...$309 now!!!

Continuing to watch. I did get a little bit of a price drop a few weeks ago. I'm with Budget as well. 3/15-3/25 $224 base/$327 all in. I had a $25 off coupon code (MUWZ055) and I'm using my Amazon benefit, so it says I'm supposed to get 10% back on a gift card after the rental. (I'm guessing that'll be 10% of the base price.) I did see some better rates when I accidentally put the times in and it equaled a full 10 days instead of the 9 days and 11 hours I'm reserved for. But, I've heard stories of extra fees for early returns, so the $25 or so I would've saved wasn't worth the gamble for me. More than I've ever paid before, but it's been a few years so maybe my expectations were unrealistic. Happy Hunting everyone!

We are a week out and I am not seeing any drops yet. It’s risen to 612 with Costco from the 14-28. So needless to say I am happy with my 459 price I got early January lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter