March 10-17, 1990 as told by 4 Pound Purries (written by a 13 and 9-year-old)

Dugette

DIS Veteran
A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws :cat::cat::cat::cat:

Yes, you read that date right. This is a trip report for a trip that I went on 20 years ago.:hourglass When my brother and I were kids, for several years, we kept journals on any trips we took. But, we wrote the journals from the point of view of our Pound Puppies/Purries. We had quite a collection, as Hardee's apparently was giving them away/selling them for cheap(?) for awhile. So, we picked out a few animals to bring on each trip we took and wrote the journals from their point of view. Although I went to Disney World twice as a kid, once was before the puppies (1984 or so?). But, our 1990 trip has a nice "trip report" I thought might be fun to share. I've been enjoying reading it now and realizing how much things have changed/stayed the same in 20 years at Disney World.

So, here's the Cast of Characters (with their "profiles" copied straight from our journal and brochures for Orlando attractions behind them):

Blossom: "I'm a purrie. I love trips, but sometimes when the others get bored they like to plan a practical joke to scare me. Probably because I scare easily."

Blossom.JPG
Cocoa: "I have a lot of pups and cats as my friends. But, I don't like Quikie. Unfortunately, though, he loves me."

Cocoa.JPG
Tiger: "RRR! I'm a purrie. My friend is Cocoa. My favorite food is Frosted Flakes. Show 'em you're a tiger."

Tiger.JPG
Toby [not a Pound Purrie, just an older stuffed animal]: "I'm the only boy cat. I get along with the girls fine. I'm the oldest cat, even though Blossom (my best friend) is taller than me."

Toby.JPG
Considering we spent a week in Disney and I had a camera, you'd think I'd have some pictures, right? Well, apparently I never took the camera out of our Motel 6 room, so this is all you get. The whole gang:
Group.JPG
The Supporting Cast:

Master: My brother, who was 9 at the time. (he wrote Tiger and Toby's entries)

Babysitter: Me, I had just turned 13 a couple weeks before the trip. (I wrote Blossom and Cocoa's entries)

Unperfect Bozo: Our dad. The puppies referred to him this way, because he always used to joke that he was "perfect". He took us on this trip, as he had two days of business conferences in Orlando.

In general, you can usually tell what we really did on our trips by what the animals write. Sometimes we add on details (like, "I had a bowl of milk with dinner"), but the truth is usually apparent. Although, there are some things that are just the animals. For instance, Blossom is terrified of thrill rides. That did not represent any of the people...we all liked them. But most things the animals experience are the things we experienced. You can tell which animal is writing by the font/color matching their description above (they have different handwriting in our paper journal). I am just typing up the handwritten journal, not making any changes, so some of the grammar may be off, but hey--we were kids!

Hope you all enjoy some unusual Disney World nostalgia! popcorn::

Last edited:
Small - Blossom.JPG Hello, this is Blossom. We were scheduled to board our plane (an L-1011) at 6:25pm at the Hubert H. Humphrey Terminal. (Unfortunately, not the Main Terminal where the moving sidewalks we wanted to go on were). But then, the person at the airport told us that the pilots needed their legal rest time, or something, and we might not board until as late as 8:30. We weren’t too broken up though, because it gave us a chance to go on the moving sidewalks. So, we took a shuttle bus over to the Main Terminal and went on the sidewalks. There was a walk lane and stand lane. Tiger and I stood, but Cocoa and Toby walked. At the end of each sidewalk, Cocoa and Toby walked as fast as they could, so they practically shot off. After the sidewalks, we ate supper at a McDonald’s in the Main Term. Us four all had McC.A.T.’s and a chocolate shake to drink. Then, we rode the shuttle bus back to the H.H.H. Term. (It was about 6:45, I think). Master let us each play one video game. I played Ms. Pacman, Toby played a race car one with neat scenery, Tiger played one of the two pinball games, and Cocoa tried to play the other pinball game (called “Bad Girls”), but it just ate her quarter. So, Master gave her another quarter, and she played the one Tiger played. Right now we are waiting to board our plane. None of us purries have ever been in a plane before. We hope it’s fun. See you later!

Last edited:
Small - Blossom.JPG We are on the plane now! It is mostly smooth riding, but we have had a little turbulence. The time that we took-off (actually got off the ground, not taxiing) was 8:17 (Minnesota time). They served some food and drinks. The food was a small turkey and cheese sandwich, and some fruit (melons, I think). There were all sorts of drinks. Cocoa, Tiger, and Toby all had Cokes, but I had a Diet Coke. When we finished our drinks, we played with the ice cubes. They were round with holes in the middles. We put them on as rings and licked them. Oh! At the H.H.H. Term., we had brownies and ice water. (Cocoa, Toby, and Tiger had M&Ms on theirs, I didn’t). I think it is getting close to landing time. I guess I’d better stop writing now. Bye!

Last edited:
Small - Cocoa.JPG Hello! Before I write my entry about the trip, I have to tell you something. I changed a few of the letters in my writing, because Quikie keeps saying that since our writing is almost the same and that I copied it from him means we’re meant for each-other. So now I’m proving to him that we were meant to have nothing to do with each-other. Gee, that took long enough. I’ll begin my normal entry now. We didn’t have time to write again last night, because we went to bed so late (2:30am to be exact). Anyway, our plane touched down at 11:51 (Florida time, which is an hour ahead of MN time). When we got off the plane, there were people waiting to board it. They were sure going to get home late. Then we went to the luggage carousel (which wasn’t round) to wait for our stuff. It took so long (and I mean long) that I was afraid that they might have lost it. Finally, after about 45 minutes, our stuff came around. Was I relieved! It was about 1:00 then. Then we had to rent a car. But, it turned out that they had rented all their cars out, even though we had reserved one. So, finally they just gave us a mini-van for the same price as the car (which was a very good deal). A little later we found our motel (a Motel 6) and went to bed. We are going to eat at a Perkins that is really close to our motel for breakfast this morning. Oh! I’d better get rolling now, the others are starting to wake up. (I woke up early). It is now 10:00am. Let our Disney World day begin!

Last edited:

Small - Cocoa.JPG We started out at Epcot Center. (Which stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, or the silly one Every Person Comes Out Tired). Anyway, I’m beside the point. When we got to Epcot we got five-day passes for Magic Kingdom, Epcot Center, and M.G.M. Studios.

When we walked into Epcot, the first thing we saw was Geosphere. (That’s the big golf-ball-like thing). Spaceship Earth is inside of it. Since the line didn’t look too bad, we went there first. Spaceship Earth is about communication in the past, present, and future.

Next, we went on the World of Motion. It is about transportation in the past, present, and future. Those two were pretty fun, had lots of neat scenery, and kept moving.

But, the next ride, Universe of Energy, got kind of boring, I have to admit. It started out with some movies, and finally we were ushered into a land of dinosaurs. The dinosaur land was definitely the best part. After that, they just showed some more movies.

Next, we went to Horizons. It was mostly about the future. It was a lot of fun.

Then we got on the monorail to the Transportation and Ticket Center, so we could catch the one to the Magic Kingdom there. When we got to the Magic Kingdom, we were going to go on Space Mountain first, because it’s a real super-cool, in-the-dark roller coaster that makes is look like you’re in outer space.

But, on the way there, we saw Mission to Mars and decided to go on it first. Mission to Mars makes it look like you’re on a spaceship; there’s screens on top and bottom of a round room, and your seats move into different positions.

Next, we went over to Space Mountain, but it was, to our dismay, closed. After that, we saw an ice cream vendor and got ice cream sandwiches which were frozen so hard that they were more like ice cream rocks at first. Then we decided to go over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, but on the way we decided to go on some things.

So, first we went on Peter Pan’s Flight. You sit in a boat-shaped car that flies through the air, and you see neat scenes of Peter Pan’s Flight.

Then, we went on It’s a Small World. You ride in a boat on the water and see different kinds of dolls doing different things.

Next, we toured the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. It was fun to see and tour the house way up high in the tree.

After that, we went to Pirates of the Caribbean. It has moving robotic pirates in scenes like fights, parties, and more. You ride in boats in the water. At one point, it goes fast and splashes down a small hill. Blossom screamed so loud that she was hoarse for the rest of the ride.

Next, we did go to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It is a roller coaster ride through dark scary caves and tunnels. Toby and I loved it, Tiger’s deciding, and I don’t think Blossom particularly enjoyed it (honestly, she’s such a scaredy cat). She screamed and almost fainted, I think.

After that, we wanted to go explore Tom Sawyer Island, but we were too late, because it closes at dusk. Then, we decided to go to the Haunted Mansion. By the time Blossom even got a glimpse of the house she looked terrified. You ride in “doom buggy”s and see lots of scary things. My favorite part is when you pass the mirrors and it looks like a ghost is in your car.

Next, we went to Snow White’s Adventures. We got into a “Sleepy” car and went through a bewitching ride. Witches and other spooky things try to scare you.

Next, we went to Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, which was right in back of Snow White’s Adventures. On both of them, while we waited in line, we had to listen to this recording about “Please step out to your left, step out to your left please, when the car stops please step out to your left” over and over. Anyway, on Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, we got in two cars: one named Ratty, and one named Toady. It was kind of neat seeing the walls and fireplaces and stuff open up when you think you are trapped.

After that, we went back to see if Space Mountain was open yet. It was! We had to wait a long time, but to me, it was worth the wait. It was hard convincing Blossom to go on, though. She wanted to go on the bypass, RYCA1. I had the greatest time, especially on the sudden dips and the red tunnel. Blossom looked like she was about to die.

Since we were all hungry, we went to eat on Main Street, next. After we ate, we looked around in the Main Street Bookstore, and got some postcards. After that we decided to go back to the motel because Master had a headache, and Blossom said she felt sick. So, we went back to the monorails, got on the tram, and got in the van. Now we’re back at the motel. I can’t wait to go back to Disney World tomorrow! Bye!

Oh, wait! I almost forgot! Today is Blossom’s Birthday. We had a little celebration at the restaurant on Main Street. We bought her a brownie (and hoped she would like it, since she doesn’t usually eat many sweets) and we sang “Happy Birthday” to her. She liked her brownie! Now, I’m finally done writing for the day. Now, I really mean bye! SO, BYE!

Last edited:
Small - Blossom.JPG Hello! This morning we ate breakfast at Perkins. I had a Belgian Waffle, Cocoa had French Toast, Tiger had a Blueberry Belgian Waffle, and Toby had Pancakes. We’re going to start off at Epcot Center again. Right now we are on a Disney Highway. The signs are colorful, like purple and stuff. We’re almost there. I hope I don’t have to go on Space Mountain again. See you later!

Last edited:
Small - Blossom.JPG After we parked at the Epcot lot, we got on the tram and went in. The first thing we did in there was the Living Seas. It’s pretty to see the exhibits and the fish in the water all around you.

We were going to go to The Land after that, but Cocoa and Tiger really wanted to go on Journey Into Imagination, so we went there instead. It was an interesting ride and a fascinating exhibit afterwards. In the exhibit, it was kind-of like the Science Museum. Then, we saw the sign for Captain EO, a 3-D movie starring Michael Jackson, which is part of Journey Into Imagination. Part of it was so scary that I took off my 3-D glasses, so things wouldn’t looks so real and close to me.

Next, we had a refreshing ice cream snack from one of the many, many vendors. Then, we went to Communicore West. The Communicore’s (there’s two of them) are full of computer and robotic stuff. They’re pretty fun.

After that, we took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. Wait! Actually, it was to the Transportation and Ticket Center. We took the ferry boat to the Magic Kingdom. Then we took the Mickey’s Birthdayland Express Train over to Frontierland.

In there, we decided to go to Tom Sawyer Island before it closed. It was an adventurous place. You explore mines, caves, mills, bridges, stone playgrounds, and Fort Sam Clemens.

Then, we went on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I hate it almost as much as Space Mountain. I screamed and shrieked and ducked. Then, we went to Pecos Bill’s to eat supper. It was pretty good. After supper we took a round trip on the Birthdayland Express.

Next, we went on Pirates of the Caribbean. This time though, I was careful to get a seat in the middle so I wouldn’t get wet. I actually sort-of had fun this time.

Then, we went to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad again. I refused to go on it.

After that, to my horror, we went to Space Mountain. I took the Bypass, RYCA1, while the others rode it.

To end our day (or evening, actually) we rode the Peoplemover. It gave us a fun tour of Tomorrowland. It even went inside of the Space Mountain building! After that, we rode the monorails back to Epcot. Finally, we took the tram to the van. Goodnight!!!

Last edited:

Small - Cocoa.JPG The reason that we only have a “later today” today is because I didn’t have time this morning since I slept late, and because there wasn’t anything to write about before we went to Disney World since we ate breakfast there.

Anyway, I’ll start at the beginning. Today, we decided to start out at the Magic Kingdom instead of Epcot Center. We parked at the Transportation and Ticket Center lot. Then we rode the tram to the entrance. Next we rode the Ferry Boat to the Magic Kingdom.

After that, we ate breakfast at the Main Street Bake Shop. Tiger and I had Blueberry Muffins, Toby and Blossom had Pecan rolls, and Toby had a fudge chocolate cookie for dessert. We all had milk and orange juice to drink.

Then we went over to Tomorrowland and rode the Carousel of Progress. The building actually turned!

Next, we went on Dreamflight. It goes slow, but at some points on it, it made it look fast. Blossom looked sick on the part with the lit spiral twirling around you.

Then we went on the Peoplemover. It goes so slow compared to Space Mountain!

After that, we decided to go on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, even though it had a long line. You see models of real stuff that you might see in the sea. Oh, also you ride in a submarine that doesn’t really go all the way into the water. It was fun.

Next, we went on the Mike Fink Keelboats. They were medium-sized boats that went around Tom Sawyer Island. The guide pointed out all the things we could have been doing, instead of riding his keelboats. One thing he pointed out was the Disney Parade, which we encountered on our way to Thunder Mountain, which we were going to do next.

Unfortunately though, the parade was so crowded that we could not get across to Thunder Mountain. So, we walked around for a few minutes, and the parade got over. Then, we went to Thunder Mountain. Blossom refused to go through, so she bought a churro and waited outside. We had a blast though!

Next, we got Mouseketeer Bars, which are mouse-head-shaped ice cream on a stick.

Then, we rode the monorails to Epcot Center. We started at Communicore East. We ate supper (pizza) at a restaurant called Stargate. For dessert, we had little round chocolate cheesecakes, even Blossom!

After that, we went to the Wonders of Life. They have one ride and lots of exhibits in it. We went on the ride first. It was called “Body Wars”. It is a simulator that makes it look like you’re traveling high-speed through the body. We waited in a long line for it. Next, still in Wonders of Life, we went to a movie-type show called “Cranium Command”. It was pretty cool. I recognized some people from Saturday Night Live and Cheers acting as parts of the body. After that, we looked at and did some of the exhibits at Wonders of Life. It was also kind-of like the Science Museum.

Next, we got some drinks (us purries had milk) at Stargate. Then, we rode the monorail to the parking lot, and took the tram to our car (van).

BYE!

Last edited:
Small - Blossom.JPG This morning, we (actually Unperfect Bozo) picked up breakfast at Hardee’s and McDonald’s. I wanted a salad, but Master said I should have breakfast food for breakfast. Toby had an Egg McMuffin, Cocoa had a Big Breakfast, Tiger had Biscuits and Gravy, and I reluctantly decided on Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits. We all had milk and orange juice to drink. Today we’re starting off at the MGM Studios Theme Park, if we can, but we might not get in because it fills up quick and we might have to start at the Magic Kingdom, I think. I hope we have a lot of fun! (We probably will (don’t we always?)) See ya!

Last edited:
Small - Blossom.JPG We did start at the Magic Kingdom today. And, I did mostly have fun. We rode the tram and the monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

Then, the others wanted to go straight to Space Mountain, so I reluctantly went along. I even rode on it once, because they were begging me so much. Then, when they said they wanted to go again, I just waited outside. That ride is just too wild!

Next, we rode the Birthdayland Express to Frontierland. They wanted to go on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, because Tiger had this logical reason that the parade would come soon, people wouldn’t be able to get to Thunder Mountain then, and it wouldn’t be very crowded. She was halfway right. I waited outside the first time they went on. It took them as long as usual, maybe longer. After they came out, though, the line looked really short, and somehow they convinced me to go too. The line was only about five minutes long, but after that the parade was over and it was crowded again.

So then, we got ice cream.

After that, we went over to the Haunted Mansion.

After that, we went to the Hall of Presidents. I found it rather fascinating, but in all honesty, I think the others were kind-of bored, though.

Next, it was lunch time. Tiger and I had potatoes, mine plain, Tiger’s with sour cream, bacon bits, and cheese. Toby and Cocoa had hot dog baskets from Pecos Bill, though. They came with weird potato-shaped fries.

Then, we went to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Oohh! Right after lunch! I went zero times, and the others went two times.

Next, we got drinks. The others had chocolate malts, but I had a vanilla one.

After that, while Unperfect Bozo washed out the nice cups our drinks came in to take home, we went to the Mad Tea Party. You sit in teacups that go around like a merry-go-round and rotate inside of that, and you can also spin (at your own speed) your teacup by itself if you want to. Since it didn’t look too wild, I let them convince me to go on it. But, they spun it really fast and I got really dizzy.

Next, we went to the Grand Prix Raceway. You drive in cars around the track.

Then, we went to Space Mountain. I waited outside.

After that, we went to American Journeys. It is a 360-degree circular vision movie. It was pretty good.

Next, we went on the WEDway Peoplemover.

Then we rode Dreamflight. I shut my eyes on the spinning spiral.

After that, we went back to Space Mountain. I actually rode it. (But I didn’t enjoy it).

Then, we waited in a medium long line to ride the skyway. It was pretty fun. I tried to forget about the height and concentrate on the pretty nighttime view.

After that, we went to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. They went on it three times, I rode it once (on the last time). I screamed and screamed.

Next, we rode Pirates of the Caribbean. I sat in the middle and didn’t get wet again.

Then, we toured the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. It was neat.

Then, we ate supper. The others had pizza, but I had a meatball sub.

Next, we went to Jungle Cruise because it’s always so crowded and has a long line, so we figured lines would be shorter late at night. They were shorter, but it still did take us quite awhile to get in the boat. While we waited in line, we talked to these people who told us that MGM Studios would be less crowded in the evening. Jungle Cruise was a boat ride with fake animals and headhunters and things like that. It was a lot of fun.

After that, we walked to Main Street and went in the Bookstore and Magic Store. In the Bookstore, Unperfect Bozo bought a nice Disney World book for us. We didn’t get anything at the Magic Store.

Then we rode the monorail and tram back to the van. At McDonald’s, on the way back, we picked up hot fudge sundaes and brought them back to the motel. Goodnight!

Last edited:
Small - Toby.JPG For breakfast, we ate at the motel. Unperfect Bozo picked up Danish treats. They were good. Today was boring. It was like watching sand in an hourglass. Oops! I mean Blossom watched Days of our Lives and other soap operas. I forgot to say we picked up lunch at McDonald’s. We split a 20-piece mouse nuggets.

The motel was a junkyard. We decided to clean the motel up. After that, we were thinking of taking Unperfect Bozo’s picture when he saw how clean the motel was. We spent awhile thinking of an act to do so we could make him think how dirty the motel is. We decided Master would pretend to lose his watch. He’d be outside. One thing he said is, “I hope it’s not in the motel, because it’s so messy.” Then Master went in with Unperfect Bozo. Then we’d be posing at Babysitter for a picture. Then suddenly Babysitter turned and took a picture of Unperfect Bozo.

For supper we ate at Biscuits. We had Biscuits ‘n’ Gravy. After that we went mini-golfing. The place we went was neat. You got to go in tunnels, go by waterfalls, and watch your ball go through tunnels. Then we drove by the motel Unperfect Bozo had classes at today and tomorrow (that’s why we didn’t go to Disney World). Then we drove by the motel Master and Babysitter stayed at while they were here last time. We drove by Wet-n-Wild and a lot of other places. It was fun.

P.S. – I (Toby) won the golf game.

WELL, GOOD NIGHT!

Last edited:
Small - Tiger.JPG Toby forgot to say that last night we went to Mercado. We had a snack there. They also had a simulator, but we didn’t get to go on it. By the way, did I tell you that Mercado is a mall? For breakfast, we ate at the motel. Unperfect Bozo picked up a Big Breakfast and some danishes from McDonald’s. Right now we are watching T.V. and doing homework.

Last edited:
Small - Tiger.JPG When Unperfect Bozo came home we went to look at two golf courses that we couldn’t decide on. After looking we went to Wendy’s. We had potatoes with bacon and cheese. We decided on a golf course, but we went to a totally different golf course on accident. We decided to play there. Cocoa won. Then we went back to the motel and watched T.V. Also, Cocoa went swimming in the pool. She said it was hot. Also very full of bugs. Today was fun. We think we’re going to go to MGM Studios tomorrow.

Last edited:
This is too cute! I went to WDW with my family when I was about that age (only a longer time ago) and would have done something like this. Too bad I don't have my journals anymore. Keep it up! I am having fun! :yay:

Thanks for reading, both of you! :goodvibes

I'm glad you are enjoying it. It's kind-of fun to see the difference 20 years makes in WDW. Plus, it's interesting to hear a kid's point of view. Although I like to think I'm just a big kid now, especially at Disney, it's neat to see what our reactions were to everything back then.

Only one more day left of this trip. Typing this up is actually going much quicker than I thought. The last day is a long one, though, so it might take me awhile. Hope to get it up tonight or tomorrow. It's our first (and only) day at the newly-opened MGM Studios!

Small - Tiger.JPG Hello! It’s Tiger again. We got up early this morning and got ready right away. We didn’t eat this morning yet. By the way, we are heading hopefully to MGM Studios, if it isn’t full. It’s about 8:00. Yeah! The radio hasn’t said that MGM Studios is full! We’re entering now. I can’t wait! They have some neat looking buildings on the side of the road. Well, here we go in our parking spot. I guess I got to go. Bye!

P.S. – The parking lot isn’t real full yet either.

P.P.S. – We drank orange juice on the way.

Last edited:
Small - Toby.JPG Hi! Toby is here. MGM Studios opens earlier than they say. When we were on the tram we asked the guy what is best to go on first. He said the Backstage Studio Tour, so we did just that.

First we went to the tram station and hopped aboard a tram. Then we went in a tunnel where they were making clothes for actors. Farther in the tunnel we saw where people made scenery for movies and T.V. shows. After that we went down Residential Street. We saw Herbie the car and the outside of the Golden Girls’ house. Next was a thing called Catastrophe Canyon. It simulates that you’re in a flood and there’s fires around you. Blossom was sitting on the left side where you get really wet. She was screaming her head off. Finally, we saw New York Street. It looked like a long New York street in two blocks. That was the end of Backstage Studio Tour Part 1.

Then we ate a small breakfast at a restaurant. We all had churros and milk. Then we went to some neat shops.

Then we went to the walking tour – Backstage Studio Tour Part 2. First was the Water Effects Tank. They show how they make special effects with water. For example, a ship in a huge storm. Maybe showing the captain steering a ship. Of course we wouldn’t have the whole ship when you are showing the captain steering. Perhaps it would look like this.
[Hand-drawn picture of captain’s compartment with pole sticking out the left side.] You ask why is that pole sticking out? Well, how does a ship sway in a storm? Simple, a few people push and pull on it to start making it sway. Then for huge waves they may have the huge water holders that dump water over the boat. The huge container would tip over and gallons of water would come out.

Then we went to the Special Effects Workshop and Shooting Stage. The tour guide would turn everything on and slime would come oozing out of some things. Things would start turning, spinning, winding. We then went to the sound stages where they record movies, T.V. programs, and commercials. No actual recording was going on at the moment I think, but I think we saw some kind of prop.

Next was the Post Production Editing and Audio. We saw how a blue screen works like making them fly on the bug in the movie “Honey I Shrunk the Kids”. They even demonstrated there. They had a huge bug a little in the air. They strapped 2 kids on. The bug was in front of the blue screen. Then they recorded the scene. With a blue screen in back they can put any scene they want on the tape. The last thing was a little pavilion where they had some previews of future movies. Finally the Backstage Tour was done.

Then we went to Super Star Television (channel 1). It was where volunteers did funny parts of T.V. shows. They really camera-ed them too. It was like watching a T.V. program being taped. They also edited the real clip in like for “I Love Lucy”. They had an actor playing another part. Then they edited Lucy in to make a real scene. It was neat.

Then MGM was getting busy so we’d come back towards the evening. We took a bus to the Transportation and Ticket Center since there’s no monorail link from TTC to MGM. Then we took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

Then we headed right to the Main Street Stop and went to Frontierland. We rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 2 times. It was twice the fun!

Then we ate lunch at…can you guess? Right, hopefully you guessed Pecos Bill. We all had chili, fries, and French Silk Pies. Blossom was the only exception, she thought by chance if she threw up on Space Mountain she wouldn’t want to get chili on her fur. She had a hotdog, fries, French Silk Pie, and we all had pop.

Then we rode the train to Mickey’s Birthdayland. We then walked to Tomorrowland. We rode Delta’s Dreamflight. It was mainly because Blossom actually wanted to go to Space Mountain to see the special effects, but first she wanted her stomach to settle.

After Dreamflight her stomach still wasn’t so she wanted to go on the Peoplemover. We all made one condition though. Blossom had to ride on a train by herself without anybody else. She actually agreed, but when we went in Space Mountain she screamed so loud that I bet everybody in there could hear her, maybe even outside.

After that I think Blossom didn’t want to take any more chances, so we went on Space Mountain 6 times. Well, actually we would take breaks once or twice while the others went on. Except for Tiger who looked kind of tipsy when we were finally done.

Then we got some Mouseketeers. We took the train from Mickey’s Birthdayland to Main St. We went souvenir shopping. We each got a little candy and a Mickey Mouse pen. It was toward the evening so we went back to MGM Studios the same way we came. Babysitter bought some candy for souvenirs and it fell out of the locker. Well, later that night we got more in a fancy jar.

Anyway we went to the Chinese Theatre home of the Great Movie Ride. It was like taking a ride through famous movies. It also had special effects.

We ate supper at a boat restaurant. We each had a sandwich and milk.

Then we went to the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. It showed billions of stunts, some really aren’t dangerous like when a huge boulder rolls over him. It’s really lightweight. We could only see half the show because part was in the air and it was raining.

Then we went to the Monster Sound Show. People tried to put sound effects to a short film. Suddenly we were evacuated immediately. When we went outside the power went off. All we knew was something not too serious happened in the back room.

We decided to go to Star Tours. There hardly was a line at all. It was a simulator ride like Body Wars. It was cool!

Then we went to the Monster Sound again. It was funny because the sounds they made weren’t in the right place. Then we went to the exhibit room. The main thing I remember was the Sound Booth where you’d put headphones on and it sounds like the things are really happening. It was also cool! There were a lot of computer things too.

Then we bought the candy I told about earlier. We then went to the airport. There weren’t many highlights but when we got back it was super cold. We will probably never forget Disney World and we can’t wait to see you guys tomorrow. Whoops it is tomorrow already. It’s late. Well, anyway, see ya!

Signing off,

Toby

Tiger

Cocoa

and Blossom

THE END

Last edited:
That was a very cute trip report. I'll have to have my kids write in their journals and then put them away for later in life. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter