March 1 - 1500 more Hotel Rooms get to book FP+ at 60 days

Gosh, I hate being cynical, but I can see the strategy. Make it as enticing as possible for as many guests as possible to visit WDW. Then, when it's absolutely bursting at the seams, provide some pricey experiences to SWGE. We'll have to purchase them because 60 day FPs and EMH won't be enough. Well-played.

To me it seems inevitable that WDW will eventually go to a paid format for FPs. Maybe not an all paid or nothing thing like Universal does with Express Pass, but something. Rumor is it's going to start with SWGE though, with free FPs still available, but with "a large portion" of the FPs reserved for those who pay. Honestly, it makes sense to me. I think Disney has seen how big rides like FOP are nearly impossible to get FPs for, and they are realizing they are going to need to do something for SWGE. I'd 100% pay if it helped me better navigate the insane crowds and pressure of booking a FP for those rides.

I won’t pay for FP, but then, I have no intention of going to SWGE for a year or more. I am just a very casual fan of the original three movies.

With the "paid" extra magic hours (EMM, DAH) and increasing the pool of 60 day FP the value of staying onsite is rapidly dropping. Why pay $200-700/night for a disney resort when I can get my whole week at a nicer resort for $700/week and bigger accommodations? Money saved-->do a DAH or EMM and voila! No stressing about getting the FP for hot rides.

Frankly I prefer Universal's system-and our AP there has the the limited EP after 4-which was plenty for us over Christmas week, staying offsite.
Hmmm better not give Disney any ideas (charge more for an AP that allows 60 FP booking for 3 days without resort stay)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter