Marathon Weekend 2024

SAFD: There are 2 for me -my first DW Half - It was my first organized race and was going to be my "one and done" runDisney event. The turn on to Main Street and the view of the castle convinced me immediately that I had to do this again.

But I think Dopey 2022 will always be my favourite memory. The return to in person racing and the thrill of being in the corrals with other people combined with it being the first time I ran the 5 and 10k with my DS are a memory I'll never forget. I still get chills thinking about it.

Here is my last words of advice... Don't worry about your POT, click the first available non-POT time and keep going! BUT, then make sure to go back and update your registration prior to the deadline if you have a POT. Tomorrow I will be registering for my 9th MW and I have 2 Spring Surprise Weekends to boot - yet I managed to not update my registration with a POT for Spring Surprise, of which I had several to choose and will this weekend be running from the first non-POT corral. Not a big deal, I am going to have fun no matter what, but geez what a dumb mistake!

SAFD 2019, my first marathon. Started out great but after 17 miles my body realized is wasn’t a half and the wheels started coming loose. Managed to gut it out for the next 8 miles and once inside EPCOT I was able to spot my wife and daughter cheering me on. Stopped for hugs and photos and the last mile was one of the easiest I’ve ran. The feeling of accomplishment at the finish was surreal and to walk back into the park and share it with them was something I can’t describe.

Last reminder that your guesses for the prediction game on the rate of sell out of MW races ends tonight. We've got 13 players so far. Link to original post (link).

As for my guesses, I'll say:

5k - 31 min
10k - 57 min
HM - 64 min
M - 88 min
Goofy - 71 min
Dopey - 46 min
Almost forgot to play
5 and 10 are always quick but the queue may be restricted so I’m going to say 45 min each
the half I think may go faster than that for the first time ever with the addition of the C2C and the numbers wanting it so I’ll say 40 min.
not as many wanting to do a full or wanting a challenge instead of just a full so it may stick around for 4 hours.
I'm going to go on hope for Dopey because I want it and say 2 hours.
Goofy will be last as those who don’t get in decide on charities, don't run, or Goofy so 6 hours

5k 45 min
10k 45 min
half 40 min
full 4 hours
dopey 2 hours
goofy 6 hours

Last reminder that your guesses for the prediction game on the rate of sell out of MW races ends tonight. We've got 13 players so far. Link to original post (link).

As for my guesses, I'll say:

5k - 31 min
10k - 57 min
HM - 64 min
M - 88 min
Goofy - 71 min
Dopey - 46 min
Here are mine:
5K - 18 min
10K - 42 min
HM - 94 min
M - 62 min
Goofy - 500 min
Dopey - 34 min

Is Disney IT ready for tomorrow. Although I have a DW annual pass, I noticed that DL annual passes were going on sale tomorrow. Can they handle two concurrent registrations? We shall see......
Idk … W&D registration was the same day as reservations for the new tron merch experience dropped

Last year I got shut out for the 10k, hoping I make it this time. I’m already signed up for the Princess half through a charity so I’m not TOO nervous, but I’d really like to try a race during marathon weekend and do a 10k as part of training or a practice race.

I have a question around registering several people. If I I don't take the risk of the "I want to add another registration" button, will that registration window be done, and I'd need to rely on another device/get back in line?

I have a question around registering several people. If I I don't take the risk of the "I want to add another registration" button, will that registration window be done, and I'd need to rely on another device/get back in line?

Once you're past the queue, you're past the queue. This happened to me on DL1/2 registration day, I couldn't find the "add another registration" button, so I kept finishing, paying, then going back to the start to register someone else without having to go through the queue again.

Reading through the notes on registration just wanted to check something:

If you share a link either here or to yourself to open on another device can you open that link in a browser that already has a queue ID? So for example if I get a better time on my phone but I'd rather register on my laptop - if I send the link to my laptop and open it in Chrome Browser where I already have a queue ID will that work? Or does it need to be opened in a browser that never had a queue ID?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter