Marathon Weekend 2024

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm bringing clothes for all kinds of seasons. I just got hopeful that I might not have to worry about overheating. We went to Disney for Christmas 2010, and my parents I guess didn't check a forecast since we were going to Florida, and Florida = warm. We all froze. So now I always overpack when going to Orlando during the winter.
<takes pipes out of mouth, gestures while exhaling smoke and nodding knowingly>
"Ah yes, the winter of 2010. So cold that our drinks were freezing over in our hands. It was so cold that Winter Haven changed its name to Winter Wonderland. So cold that we nearly lit "it's a small world" on fire just to stay warm".

;-)

I jest, but I am soooo glad that I missed running that year. That would not have been fun.

FWIW, the following year, it was pleasant enough at WDW, but Atlanta got hit by an ice storm, with the ice extending down below the south side of the city. So our drive home was timed to get us south of the city by around 2:30, i.e. the warmest part of the day. The drive up past Macon went great, but then as we got near Atlanta, with 5 and 6 lanes of interstate there were 2 sets of tire ruts through the ice. It normally takes us around an hour just to get from the south end to the north side. I think it took us more like 2 hours, but we were happy to make it.

So for winter in Orlando, I'll stop short of snowshoes, but just barely. I have a Gryffindor sweatshirt that I bought during a trip to Universal. Same deal, in that a cold front came through and held temps down into the 40's. It was so cold that they couldn't operate the coasters until later in the afternoon after things had warmed to above 50 or 55 degrees.

There's unflavored Tailwind?!

Making Christmas cookies this morning and listening to rise and run, and their guests are talking about fueling/hydration for MW/DL and she just sort of casually mentioned unflavored tailwind for when you can't stand another sweet thing, or to help carb-(re)load. Who has tried this? I'm probably going to order some online, if it'll get here before we fly down. Unless we have to go into town today, and I would stop at fleet feet and grab some if they have it.

Last edited:

Making Christmas cookies this morning and listening to rise and run, and their guests are talking about fueling/hydration for MW/DL and she just sort of casually mentioned unflavored tailwind for when you can't stand another sweet thing, or to help carb-(re)load. Who has tried this? I'm probably going to order some online, if it'll get here before we fly down. Unless we have to go into town today, and I would stop at fleet feet and grab some if they have it.
I have! You can still taste some sweetness, but it’s no specific flavor. Which is really hard to imagine until you’ve experienced it lol! In the end I found I prefer orange (tangerine?) or lemon-lime, but unflavored wasn’t bad - just lacking flavor.

I have it! I don’t find Tailwind that sweet, but I got the unflavored kind so I had some options.

I think you’ll be really happy with this plan! FYI there aren’t really any tolls from Disney Springs to EP: the maps say that because normally you have to pay to park at EP - but not for a race.
I did not know this! Even better and I'm so excited to have this decided. Thank you so much!

Well, I find that it is still sweet, just not strong tasting of some weird flavor. I'm not a huge fan of Tailwind, so I've gone on to other things (LiquidIV + Huma gels and Gu chews, PB&J, etc.

I know this has been answered a bunch and I admin I'm too lazy right now to go search so I'm going to ask again anyway.

With PhotoPass and the ability to add up to 5 bibs per PhotoPass...is that 5 total or 5 per race? If I have someone doing Dopey are they taking 4 of the 5 total spots or just 1 of 5 per race?

Thanks in advance lovely people.

I know this has been answered a bunch and I admin I'm too lazy right now to go search so I'm going to ask again anyway.

With PhotoPass and the ability to add up to 5 bibs per PhotoPass...is that 5 total or 5 per race? If I have someone doing Dopey are they taking 4 of the 5 total spots or just 1 of 5 per race?

IME, 5 codes per distance. Which means a Dopey bib takes one spot for each distance (because you still have to put in the code for each race to get the pics.)

So as an example, I'm running Dopey, and DH is doing everything-except-the-full. Once we put all our codes in, there would still be space for 3 5k codes, 3 10k codes, 3 hm codes, and 4 m codes.

I have it! I don’t find Tailwind that sweet, but I got the unflavored kind so I had some options.

Well, I find that it is still sweet, just not strong tasting of some weird flavor. I'm not a huge fan of Tailwind, so I've gone on to other things (LiquidIV + Huma gels and Gu chews, PB&J, etc.

I tend to concentrate the tailwind a bit, so the sweet factor has definitely been there for me in the past.

My local FleetFeet of course doesn't have it in-stock, so now I have to decide about getting some shipped here from amazon (the day before we leave) or shipped to our resort. And I don't even know if I'll like it.

I also use huma, liquid IV (between races for hydration), gu, and stroopwaffles, but I usually struggle getting fuel in later in the races.

It's 5 per race. But I also found out last MW that if I have someone on my friends & family list, I can also download whatever photos they linked to their account. In the end, I was able to download photos for 7 different 5k bibs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter