Marathon Weekend 2020

running the half... how slowly can one run it before the bus picks one up? (Asking for a friend)

Why am I still trying to decide what to bring to carry my stuff? My hand held Nathan with my spi belt or my Nathan running belt with water bottles in the belt. I hate how it rides up a little but it will hold everything I need better.
I have been using my Nathan handheld all trying cycle but last week I left it too close to the toaster and it melted. The new one I bought doesn’t fit my phone!

Where does everyone put there phone? I don’t like arm bands bc I like to be able to take pics with it.

running the half... how slowly can one run it before the bus picks one up? (Asking for a friend)

A 16 min/mile + the time difference from when you start the race and when the balloon ladies start.

The balloon ladies are projected to start around 6:30am (not guaranteed) for the HM.

So if you start at 6:00am and the balloon ladies do actually start at 6:30am, then you have a 16 min/mile + (30 min/13.1 miles) = 18:17 min/mile.

If you start the race next to the balloon ladies at 6:30am, then you have a 16 min/mile + 0 min = 16 min/mile.

Essentially the balloon ladies are a visual representation of the sweep point, but the people on bikes are the true sweepers. Remember that if you stop for characters, the bathroom, etc. that still counts towards your pace.

My BIB for the 5K & 10K has an A | B on the upper right Corner. Does that mean, I am in Corral A for the 5K & Corral B for the 10K?!

Race shirts seem consistent with size for us, but their sleeves are too long and have no tapering for the cuffs. They come almost to my fingers

If you aren't in the last corral, you've got a buffer of time as Dopey Badger noted above. Even if you are in the last corral, if you start at the very front of it, you could pick up a bit of time. Just keep moving!

Why am I still trying to decide what to bring to carry my stuff? My hand held Nathan with my spi belt or my Nathan running belt with water bottles in the belt. I hate how it rides up a little but it will hold everything I need better.
I have been using my Nathan handheld all trying cycle but last week I left it too close to the toaster and it melted. The new one I bought doesn’t fit my phone!

Where does everyone put there phone? I don’t like arm bands bc I like to be able to take pics with it.
I carry mine. My DH thinks I'm crazy but it's always worked for me. Some of my running tights and capris have "stash pockets" which are big enough to secure a phone. I also have the kind of fitness belt that they used to (still?) sell at the rD Expo, but my new phone is too big for that.

I’m headed to bed shortly but just wanted to confirm. We can get safety pins at the start area right? Mine somehow disappeared before I got to the hotel

Edit: Nevermind found them. Though now I have to go back to the expo since somehow Donald fell off my logo pin.

Last edited:
Do we have any more intel on what characters will be our? I feel like we had a whole list last year.
Not that I know of just the signs on Boardwalk and lilo like PPs have said (last years Marathon was the only time I’ve seen a list pre-run fwiw)
I’m headed to bed shortly but just wanted to confirm. We can get safety pins at the start area right? Mine somehow disappeared before I got to the hotel

Edit: Nevermind found them. Though now I have to go back to the expo since somehow Donald fell off my logo pin.
I know you said you found yours but I want to say yes they do cause I grabbed some extras during the W&D 5K to adjust my costume

GOOD MORNING RUNNERS!

Don't forget to stretch beforehand, I like to do some light DDP Yoga for about 5-10 minutes to get the blood flowing (if you don't know what it is, check it out, helped me bust thru my weight loss plateau last year and really helped with my back pain)

Let's see those photos, and have a great race!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter