Marathon or exercise gifts??

NCRedding

I've strayed
My wonderful family is looking for ways to support me in my quest to complete the 1/2 marathon in January. Can anyone think of some gift suggestions--like thorlo socks, etc. ? Thanks for any suggestions.

yes, wonderful coomax socks -- great idea

how about:

those earmuff where the band goes behind your head and under your hair -- that's what i wear when it's not cold enough for a hat

walking music CDs if you listen to music

cross-training workout DVDs - yoga, pilates, light strenghth training and accessories (stability ball, hand weights, yoga mat)

reflective gear if you walk outside in the dark

massage gift certficates

heart rate monitor

packets of GU in your stocking :)

Marathon for Mortals book

journal if you are the journaling type

ok -- my thoughts dried up here! hope a couple of those sound good to you:teeth: :wave2:

How about a pedicure for those tired feet? Schedule it after a long training or the race as an incentive to finish. Sounds good to me....where's my phone! I may need to do this!

how about a fanny pack that holds water bottles that you can use for the race... or a MASSAGE after the race???

Originally posted by karebear1
how about a fanny pack that holds water bottles that you can use for the race... or a MASSAGE after the race???

Ohhh - the spas at WDW offer a sports massage - great idea! I always mean to book one for hubby every year when he runs, but always forget...

If you want any of the WDW marathon gear, it's on disneydirect.com already.

some "glide" for chafing

chap stick- yummy flavor

gloves - they were needed at last year's marathon - cheapy 98 centers even for you to toss if you want to (will be picked up and donated)

nice workout out fit - just makes you feel like an athlete!

I really like my "wicking" shirts - now I don't like anything but them even

Marshall's has nice things (lower prices on socks, clothing)

massage gift certificate - that is my favorite idea for me!

Today I received my birthday gift from my two bosses:

A 2005 desk calendar, very cute. When I opened it there was a bookmark on the page for Jan 9th and clipped on that page was a $50 gift certificate to Sports Authority and "Congratulations" written on that date. Wasn't that the nicest thing?!

Haven't decided what to buy, but maybe it can go towards a really cute warm up suit to wear AFTER the race with my Donald medal! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter