Manifest - SPOILERS discussion thread

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Hi, All - This is a spin-off of the other Manifest thread where we were anxiously awaiting the second half of Season 4. We didn't want to give anything away over there because not everyone has finished watching, so here is the placed to discuss the series if you've watched it all the way to the end.

💎 Thread will contain spoilers. - You have been warned! 💎

I'll start. I admit that I had no idea how they could wrap it all up in a way that was actually satisfying. Landing back in 2013, with all the knowledge they had gained along the way, felt perfect to me. What an amazing chance for a do over!

Anyone else cry when Eagan and Adrian managed to redeem themselves on the plane? I've had a definite love-hate relationship with those two, but I was ultimately glad they made it through. Angelina though? I would have been so mad if she somehow ended up redeemed at the end. Burn baby burn! lol

I agree about the ending. I loved that it meant we had Grace back!!

It was interesting to me how they kind of showed three levels of people on the plane - those who were still acting awful right up until the end (like the guy bragging about stealing the credit card) turned to ash right away, the ones who had made mistakes but realized it and tried to make up for it (like Eagan and Adrian, and Saanvi) started to have the volcano effect but then it backed off, and those who had been trying to do the right thing all along were OK.

I agree with you that there was no redeeming Angelina. Even if she was telling Ben the truth that she never intended to kill Grace, manipulating the other lady into poisoning her friend was definitely calculated. It's sad, because she was clearly disturbed, but she was still going to be dangerous no matter what. - The villain who admits they're a villain is bad enough, but the one who uses evil means to do something they believe is right is way scarier. (It's why so many Harry Potter fans hate Umbridge more than Voldemort.)

One of the most significant things to me, though, was that only 11 people didn't get off the plane, out of 191 - not quite 6%. Some people I know look at what's going on in the world and assume there are more bad people than good ones. But these numbers point to the writers' confidence that many more people (over 16 times as many, by their guess) are good than bad.

Last edited:
Grace's journey was so interesting to me throughout the show. I HATED her early on. I really wanted her to go off with Danny and Ben to hook up with Saanvi. Then she redeemed herself and became one of my favorite characters. So when she died, I was really sad. I agree it was amazing that we got her back in the end.

Right there with you on hating Umbridge more than Voldemort. Angelina just...she had every chance in the world to let go of her past and have a wonderful new life with the Stones. Sure she had been through a lot, but hadn't they all? But she had to go all Single White Female creepy, and then act like it was their fault. She never once admitted any responsibility for anything over those 5.5 years, while becoming progressively more and more unhinged and dangerous, and there's no way a bit of (maybe genuine, maybe not) remorse over killing Grace was enough to make up for all of it.

I was sad about Autumn. I felt like she kept almost getting there, but she never allowed herself to fully cross over to the right side. She was soooo close!

That's a really interesting point about the percentages of good versus bad people. I think we're just so constantly bombarded, because the worst people also tend to be the loudest, that it feels like everyone is awful. But if you think about it, they did that in the show as well. Obviously we saw a lot of the Stones, since it was from their POV, along with their closest allies like TJ and Saanvi. But most of the other passengers that were regularly highlighted were the awful ones (who were also the loudest). And a few who were morally grey like Eagan and Adrian. Most of those 191 passengers were just living their lives, perhaps showing up in an episode or two, but clearly doing the right thing since they didn't turn to ash. It's a really interesting commentary on how much good goes on in the background...and something I hadn't thought about at all until you brought it up. So thank you for that!

Thank you all for recommending this show. I just watched the Finale and I have to say this was the best ending I can remember of a show in a loooooong time. I actually got teary it was so powerful. I was really leary of the nothing ending kind of thing that Lost did and I'm soooo emotional and satisfied. There are NO loose ends and I'm so happy I reinvested in this show. It really didn't hurt that the stars are likable and gorgeous. I'm sad now that it is over but what a ride. <3

I finally finished up the last part of the season and the finale last. What a ride that show was! I think it was exactly how the show needed to end. And I kind of loved seeing some of the characters who knew about the callings and were helping the 828ers (like Jared, Vance, Drea) coming in at the end for the 11 missing passengers from the flight. And Mic finding Zeke in the cab and saying let's just drive. Oh and how Cal has no memory of any of it because he was sucked off and came back as a little boy and gets to have his childhood back now.

I agree with all of you! I was so afraid that they were going to try to pull a “Lost” ending on us! lol.

I loved the finale. Someone recommended that I go back and rewatch the pilot episode to see how they wove a lot from that, into the finale.
They really did an amazing job tying things up.

I’m glad that they kept their memories (except for Cal). I wonder if they will keep their memories to themselves, so as to not create the whole 828-er hate again.

I liked the finale but I feel bad for the girl whose baby doesn’t exist anymore. Thst had to be terrible. Was nice seeing Grace and Zeke again though!

sooo....what about MARCO? I was disappointed that they didn't circle back to him...the poor guy and the rest of the folks stuck on life support didn't deserve it. He was a good guy who tried to help several times. I thought they should have shown him walking through the terminal when they showed the others and mentioned the "passengers we lost along the way".

I liked last episode overall, but I thought one thing was extremely stupid: when they were on the plane screaming protests at that black swirling death thing threatening to attack... "we don't deserve this! ....etc, etc". Are we really supposed to believe their yelling made it back off and go away? That felt dumb honestly.

When the finale started I said to my husband I think they'll end up back on the plane, where it all started, didn't know how they would do it but they did. They did a great job, tied up most of the storylines. Now we know why Zeke mentioned all those time he and Mic almost met, glad she remembered.

I am pretty happy with the ending. I always liked Michaela and Jared as a couple so I was happy when they reconnected. A bit bummed when they shipped her back to Zeke. I really liked Cal being a kid again. The reset was nice.

It's rare to get a "happily ever after" onscreen anymore so that was very satisfying.

sooo....what about MARCO? I was disappointed that they didn't circle back to him...the poor guy and the rest of the folks stuck on life support didn't deserve it. He was a good guy who tried to help several times. I thought they should have shown him walking through the terminal when they showed the others and mentioned the "passengers we lost along the way".

I liked last episode overall, but I thought one thing was extremely stupid: when they were on the plane screaming protests at that black swirling death thing threatening to attack... "we don't deserve this! ....etc, etc". Are we really supposed to believe their yelling made it back off and go away? That felt dumb honestly.
Marco was there in the airport, talking to some people. He didn't die in the alternate timeline, so he wasn't in the "passengers we lost" line. But go back to the airport scenes, and he's definitely there, healthy and normal. I squealed a little when I saw him :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!