• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Mandymouse's Pop'ping, Dream'ing with a touch of Pink Trippy (COMPLETE)

mandymouse

Bahama Mama Time !!
Castmembers

DSCN4017.jpg

Luis (Bek's boyfriend), Becky, Me, Paul, Kerry, Bex (Kerry's best friend)

Friday 2nd September '11

Finally ! The day we had waited 9 months for had arrived :)

Paul went off to work as normal (sadly he had a full day at work), and I went off to get my toes minxed, ;) and around 11am Kerry, Becky, Bex and Luis tooK off to Manchester. Just to rub it in they sent me texts and pics from TGI Friday's at the Trafford Centre enjoying cocktails (how cruel !) and they had a good time wandering around the shopping centre and having dinner at Yo Sushi

Finally Paul arrived home just before 7pm, and we were reversing off the drive and heading to the M6 by 7.10pm

Our journey was uneventful and we arrived at the Manchester Airport Travelodge about 8.30pm

travelodgemanair.jpg

The kids met us and grabbed their luggage, and once Paul & I had checked in we had dinner in the hotel restaurant. We enjoyed chicken tikka massallas each with onion bhajis and naan breads all washed down with Stellas and pear ciders

I think we all headed to bed around 10.30pm and we all had a restless night because .... WE WERE TOO EXCITED !!!

Saturday 3rd September '11

We were all up around 6am (except Paul who got up about 10 minutes before we left :rotfl2:). After showers, getting ready and much hair straightening we left the Travelodge around 7am

We parked in the Terminal 2 multi-storey car park (which we had pre-booked), then we headed into the terminal. It was very quiet at the bag drop off, in fact there was no-one ahead of us, so within no time our passports had been checked and we handed over our luggage

Our flight was due to leave on time, but we'd be leaving from gate 300 (which was downstairs) and we were going to be bused to our plane

The kids went off to look around the shops, so Paul & I headed to Frankie & Benny's for brekkie. I had omelette, bacon and beans (delish) and Paul had a huge fry up. After our breakfast we had a look around duty free then sauntered off to the gate, where we were shortly joined by the kids

Just after 10am Premium Economy were called and bused, and in no time our row (45) was called. Considereing we had to take a bus to the plane, we still pulled away slightly early and the pilot announced that it would be an 8 1/2 hour flight

DSCN3995.jpg

DSCN3992.jpg

DSCN3993.jpg

For me, the flight literally flew by ;) I had a bacardi & coke, then watched The Adjustment Bureau. Dinner was a choice between sausage & mash, chicken in leek sauce or macaroni cheese. Paul & I both had the chicken in leek sauce, and it was very nice

Along with the main meal there was a little salad, roll and butter, chocolate mousse thing and water (sadly no crackers & cheese or mini chocolate :()

Next I watched Pirates of the Caribbean 4, 2 episodes of the Big Bang Theory and The Source Code (I've never known the TV to be so good)

An ice-cream, like a mini-milk was brought round, and about an hour before landing we had a sandwich (either tuna or egg) and a cookie which I had while watching Dr. Who

DSCN3999.jpg

We landed at 2.30pm EST amd were off the plane pretty quickly. There wasn't much of a line at immigration, and as we were called forward we could see our luggage on the carousel

By 3.45pm we were driving away in our Grand Caravan and on our way to the Pop Century.

Once again there wasn't much of a line at check-in, so within 20 minutes we were given 3 rooms in building 8 by the Computer Pool (as requested) :)

We dropped off our bags then went to the food court for dinner, then we caught the bus to DownTown Disney where we collected our 14 day park passes

We all split up, the kids went for a wander around the shops, so Paul & I went to TRex for a couple of Cosmo Paleo Cotton-Tinis (now I'm on holiday ::yes::) and some Heinekens for Paul

DSCN4001.jpg

DSCN4002.jpg

DownTown Disney was heaving, and tiredness quickly set in, so we caught the bus back to the Pop, and after a Captain Mai Tai at Petal's Pool Bar we were in bed by 9.30pm

Loving your trip report Mandy. Cant wait to hear me.

It is getting me in the right mood for my holiday:thumbsup2

Great start to your TR :)
Hate having to walk on/ off aircraft instead of going through the air gate thingys - I always seem to be wearing a floaty dress/ skirt and it always seems to be windy! :rotfl2:

Hi Mandy,

Good to see you have got the trippie started....keep 'em coming!

Loving your trippy and photos. Looking forward to more

Susan

Been waiting for your trip pie Mandy. Great start..fab pics can't wait for more

Ah, I love a good TR from Mrs Mouse :thumbsup2 Looking forward to reading along!

Yeahhh have been waiting for a mandymouse trip report :goodvibes and what a brilliant start look forward to reading more.
Take Care
cornish pixie:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter