Manatees here in Cape Canaveral

snelsonbrown

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo
I posted at one time that manatees could be seen in the wild here in Cape Canaveral - at that time, yes they were there and yes it was great to see them in their own "space" - there was a contact that the area I had recommended was no longer possible to go to - I did check it out and was to learn that the whole area is now under construction for new "concos" - I saw no manatees around since their area had been filled in - Norm and I have spent almost every weekend trying to find an place anyone that was interested, could go and enjoy - after searching many spots that I knew of , I sadly must say, we could not find any- all had been replaced with residence areas - Now this does not mean we will not keep searching - at one time, they were in the river behind my condo, but again they have moved - if I do find a place, I will post it and give instructions how to get there -
Those that got to go - glad you had the opportunity to do so.
Until next time - each have a great day.
Always
Shirley

If you want to see some from the air, I would suggest a charter from MLB. You could probably charter an hour flight for under $75 (Check with the FBO at the Melbourne Jet Center). I have flown there several times in my brother's C-206 along the beaches, Intercoastal and Banana River and have seen many Manatee and other sea mammals - even did the Shuttle landing strip (with permission) before 9/11.

My parents always took me out to Merritt Island (sp?) near Cape Canaveral to see the Manatees. Not sure if it is still there, the last time I was there was a couple of years ago. But we always saw some there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter