Mama Melrose or Hollywood and Vine???

charliehorse6

Earning My Ears
We are planning on booking the Fantasmic package...anyone have a strong opinion either way about the food? Thanks for your help!

We really did not care for the food at the Hollywood and Vine dinner buffet. My vote would be for Mama Melrose.

I love itallian food but I can eat that anytime...I liked HWV because there was something for everyone since it's a buffet.

Mama Melrose is booked for the Fantasmic deal! Could we see Fantasmic without the special seating tickets...if so, they have regular dinner reservations for that night...??? HELP!

It is possible, but you will have to wait in a really long line and there are no guarantees. That's the deal w/ the dinner. It is the only way to get a guarantee.

Is it worth it to eat somewhere you're not that thrilled about just to catch reserved seating for Fantasmic? I've NEVER been to WDW...and I have been feeling quite like an armchair quarterback making ADRs and scheduling our days without having ever been...it's fun, but a bit overwhelming! We have 12, 7, and 4 yr old...I know they won't wait in line for this...it's probably H&D w/Fantasmic seating, or Mama's and no show...???

I'd say if you've never been, yes. It is a really neat show. Is your 4yr old OK with pyrotechnics? It can be a little scary to some. We tried for years to go see it. EVen had guaranteed seats 2 times and it was cancelled due to an electrical storm. When we finally saw it we were not disappointed.

Actually my 4 yr old is better at being brave about these things than my 7 yr old is...? They are all so different, you know?

I guess we'll keep the Hollywood and Dine for now...and just keep calling back to see if there are any cancellations...thank you for the advice!

You're welcome! HNV isn't gross or anything, it just is a let down compared to so many other places. I know what you mean about kids being so different. My kids have had their moments. My timid child loved Fantasmic at age 7!

We really have enjoyed doing the fantasmic package with Mama Melrose's, so much so that we have booked it again for our trip this year (just under 2 weeks away, so excited!) If you have called and it is booked, KEEP TRYING! Call dining again and check for cancellations, they happen (especially in the last few days before you head out, sometimes that seems to be a "magical time" - I managed to get reservations for a lunch at the castle this way!) Good luck and enjoy Fantasmic - it's awesome!

Never again will we ever set foot in H&V for any meal...GROSS!

Mama Melrose is pretty good food

Do we have to order the prix fixe meal if we are on the F! package? Or can we get anything off the menu?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter