Mama Melrose!!!!!!! Great food!!!!!!! Great service!!!!!!

TLHB70

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to take a moment to say that we loved Mama Melrose!!!!! We just returned home Saturday night from our week trip to WDW last week. This was our first time to eat at Mama Melrose. We have always done Sci Fi only because the girls love it. On this trip we were able to do both Sci Fi and Mama Melrose. It was super!!!!!!! The food was delicious!!!!!!!!! I had the wood grilled chicken and my DH had the veal. Oh it was all yummy! Plus, our server, Kevin, was fantastic!!!!!! He went above and beyond to make the meal special for all of us. He talked to the girls about the trip and complimented them. I highly recommend this restaurant. I also say to request Kevin if you can!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin is a true gem, isn't he?! :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed your meal. We love Mama's too and having lunch there is a must do for us every trip.

BCV23 said:
Kevin is a true gem, isn't he?! :thumbsup2

Yes, he is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
We will definitely hit Mama Melrose on each trip now! It beats Sci Fi hands down!!!!

Thanks for the great review!

We were actually looking to change our MM ressie for our next trip due to negative reviews. You have cheered me up :cheer2: !!!!!

Thanks for the review, we enjoyed our meal there as well in august.

Thanks for sharing your review, DH and I are going here in January. :cool1:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

glad you enjoyed your meal:thumbsup2

i'm twisting my family's arm to do the Fan. Pkg there next week. They're not big Italian food, especially tom. sauce/pizza eater (how did I get hooked up w/them lol?).

know they have steak, saw chicken parmigana on menu...anyone know if you can get it w/o sauce/cheese? Assume it's a boneless breaded chicken breast?

TIA

Thanks for the review. :thumbsup2 I booked the Fantasmic Pkg for Thanksgiving Weekend for DH and I. I was starting to have second thoughts based on previous negative reviews.

Glad you had a great experience.

NJPluto said:
Thanks for the review! I think we'll try it next time!
Yes! Definitely try it!
Plus, remember to request Kevin as a server if possible. He really was great!
:thumbsup2

Thanks for the review. :) We went to MM back in 2001 and had planned on going back in January. Looking forward to it!

We ate at Mama Melrose on Friday 9/29. It was great, and this is coming from an Italian who lived in Rhode Island for quite a while (great italian food in RI). I had the chicken parm and dh had the osso bucco. The flatbread was great too. Where we were sitting we could hear the orders being called out and I'm sure I heard chicken parm no cheese! I don't think it will be a problem. Our server wasn't great, but we think she had a difficult family show up while we were waiting for our entree. The father walked in and said, we don't want to wait, we want to order, we have 3 exhausted, cranky kids, ect. He looked spent. Anyway, another waiter ended up clearing our plates and taking our dessert order. The only negative about the place was when we checked in at the podium the host asked us if we were on the dining plan and the other hostess gave a little smirk. I almost said something but bit my tongue. I was happily surprised!

wiggles02 said:
We ate at Mama Melrose on Friday 9/29.

Hey. That is when we ate there too. Our time was 5:30. What time were you there? Were you there the same time as us?

wiggles02 said:
I think we were there at 4:40. Where did you sit?
We were in the very back corner.
We were celebrating my DD's birthday. Kevin brought out a chef's hat for her to wear. The chef and manager came to the table with him. They also gave her a bowl of ice cream with little side dishes of different toppings. They told her that she was "Chef" of the hour and could create her own dessert. It was so special!!! :wizard: I thought if you were there at the same time then you may have seen the commotion going on at our table. I was taking lots of pictures. Then the manager took one of our family too.

We were close to the front! I'm glad you had a good experience too. I was a little worried after hearing some reviews, but I would go back!

Thanks for the review. I was trying to decide if I wanted to book the fantasmic Pkg there. I think I definately will now. Can't wait ! :cheer2:

wiggles02 said:
We were close to the front! I'm glad you had a good experience too. I was a little worried after hearing some reviews, but I would go back!

We will definitely go back on each trip now. I don't really care for Sci Fi food at all. I do think the atmosphere is great. We have just done Sci Fi for our girls. They loved their food at Mama Melrose too. So Sci Fi has been replaced if we have to pick one restaurant. We usually do MGM for two days though so we will probably still be able to fit both in.
We will be doing Mama Melrose again AND requesting Kevin.

Glad you enjoyed the trip!!!!! On our visit DD was thrilled that the manager had time to pin trade with her. He came up to the table when he had a moment as she had spotted him running around earlier and I had told her to leave the busy man alone. We had wonderful food and the staff was wonderful!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter