Malta

dmluvsms

Earning My Ears
:earsboy:

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has visited this country. It sounds very enchanting and may want to use DVC to visit. Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks
Deanna

We have been just for 1 day on a cruise. It is very interesting - unlike anyplace I have ever been. The city looks very medevil - my mom was up early that morning on the cruise and the memory of sailing into Malta is one of her most memorable on any cruise. The city is very rich in history and has some very interesting WWII history as well. I don't know if I would spend a long stay there - but then again, that could just be me - I love to cruise because I can see so many places and get a nice taste of them.

Malta was wonderful but I only saw a glimpse, as it was a port on a Mediterranean cruise. So much interesting history. Its vital and strategic location has made it a target for so many countries take over attempts. Mdina is one of the few remaining fortified medieval cities in the Mediterranean.There's an amazing 9th century cathedral. Lots of Arabic architecture. I remember reading an article in a travel mag that was a trip report of a young womans vacation there. I believe it was 5 days which she felt was too short. If you end up going, please follow up with a detailed trip report!

Thanks everyone! We are thinking of using the DVC points for next year...hopefully for our honeymoon. The one problem we are seeing is that its a 12-14 hour trip and we would have to leave NY on Thursday or Friday to get there in time to check in on Friday or Saturday which is their check in days. So unless we get married on a Thursday it probably wont work for the honeymoon! But its definitely on my list of must see places. It sounds and looks so incredible!

Andrea...my family lives and works in your area of Long Island....I bet you know my uncle's pool business!!! :-)

Thanks for you replies!! If I do go, a trip report will definitely be posted!!!

Remember, if you want to trade for points, you really should either give MS a choice of dates (which may not be possible for a honeymoon trip!) or a choice of locations. So you might want to supplement Malta with a couple of other equally exotic options, just in case Malta doesn't have anybody who wants to trade to Disney at that time.

Yes, we are prepared to say "This is the week we need to go, what do you have?" If we end up in the Carribbean we wont be too upset!!! ;)

Hello fellow New Yorker (Westbury, Long Island) from a Maltese. My father was born and lived in Malta till he was 13 when he and the family left at the time Malta was being bombed. It is extremely rich in history and is a must see.

I have not visited the country yet but my parents were just there in April. They checked out the resort that you could use your DVC points. I just spoke to my mother and told her of your interest. She wanted you to know that the location and property is beautiful. They were just finishing refurishing it and that there are buses all over the area for you to use. They did not stay there because they were on a tour group with Grand Circle Travel.

My parents, sister, brother-in-law and nephew are going next year. I can't go because of school finals are when they are going and we have 3 cats. I hope to go someday with my father to see all the places he has told stories about. I have seen many photos and video tapes and you would like it.

Were in New York are you from?

HI!!

Thank you so much for all the information! Now I MUST go see this place! If not next year, then definitely in the near future!! Your comments have been so helpful!!

We are from upstate near Kingston. My family is in Long Island and I am actually heading down there this weekend!

Thanks again!!

You are very welcome. When I go home last night my mother told me she forget one other thing for you. Everyone speaks English. The national language is Maltese but everyone is taught English. My mother does not speak one word of Maltese and she had no problem when my father was not around

malta is a very popular destination for europeans..many tour companies run packaged holidays and charter flights to the island and its small brother gozo..its steeped in history and is a great diving location.. if you didnt want to use points flying in and making reservations at many excellent hotels isnt that hard

We loved Malta. You have to visit their museum with perfectly preserved armor suits and all. A great place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter